Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 07:51 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,354,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The Russian army remains one of the most ill equipped, unmotivated armies ever seen.
Most of their soldiers just want to go home. None of them call Ukraine home.
Russia will be destroyed in the end, and the world will be better off.

And that's why this so very pathetic, weak, incompetent, clumsy, unprofessional, cowardly, and bumbling Russian army has taken a substantial part of Ukraine, which Ukraine's regular army as well as the Nazis (Azov, Svoboda, Right Sector) are utterly helpless to do anything about. And that's why the powerful, mighty, ubermenschen Ukrainian men in arms need billions in western weaponry.

Right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 09:00 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
..................The USA invaded Iraq with the excuse that Iraq was hiding nuclear weapons when there was no proof Hussein had any and Cheney lied to the president. This time the USA cannot have any doubt that Russia will indeed wield nuclear weapons in their massive stockpiles because we actually know Russia has them...............
We know they had them. Nuclear weapons need regular, expensive maintenance. The last nuclear test by Russia/Soviet Union was 1989.
No one really knows if those scary looking bomb thingy's they paraded around with fresh paint were nuclear bombs or not. But based on everything else we have learned about Russia, I am betting... "Nah. They're faking it".
It's a safe bet.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:06 PM

8,218 posts, read 3,771,999 times
Quote:
We know they had them. Nuclear weapons need regular, expensive maintenance. The last nuclear test by Russia/Soviet Union was 1989.
No one really knows if those scary looking bomb thingy's they paraded around with fresh paint were nuclear bombs or not. But based on everything else we have learned about Russia, I am betting... "Nah. They're faking it".
It's a safe bet.
Lol, you really have no clue whatsoever.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:09 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
And that's why this so very pathetic, weak, incompetent, clumsy, unprofessional, cowardly, and bumbling Russian army has taken a substantial part of Ukraine, which Ukraine's regular army as well as the Nazis (Azov, Svoboda, Right Sector) are utterly helpless to do anything about. And that's why the powerful, mighty, ubermenschen Ukrainian men in arms need billions in western weaponry.
Russia had 10% of Ukraine. Now, 5 months, 35,000 men, thousands of tanks, hundreds of planes and a few ships later they have 20%.
Way to go, Russia. You da man!

(I do like your description of the Russian army. I copied it to my clipboard; I hope you don't mind if I use it in the future)

Old 07-17-2022, 09:16 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,354,571 times
Quote:
Russia had 10% of Ukraine. Now, 5 months, 35,000 men, thousands of tanks, hundreds of planes and a few ships later they have 20%.
Given the Russian objective was NEVER to seize the entirety of Russia, but rather to denazify Ukraine and to liberate Donbass, I would say Russia is quite on target.

Quote:
(I do like your description of the Russian army. I copied it to my clipboard; I hope you don't mind if I use it in the future)
By all means - after all, it does require a measure of intellect to detect sarcasm...

Old 07-17-2022, 09:55 PM

8,996 posts, read 11,885,467 times
Quote:
Way to go, Russia. You da man!

Don't forget that Russia has to beg Iran to supply them with drones. The world second most powerful country begging Iran for weapons. That's beyond embarrassment.

Old 07-17-2022, 11:16 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,476,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Oh, a second question. If Russia's military is so incompetent, why hasn't Ukraine evicted Russia from Crimea?
Today Russia started threatening to escalate things if Ukraine attacks Crimea. They also moved some of their navy out of crimea and to the east.

So apparently Russia is getting ready to be evicted. LOL

Old 07-17-2022, 11:31 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,802,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Today Russia started threatening to escalate things if Ukraine attacks Crimea. They also moved some of their navy out of crimea and to the east.

So apparently Russia is getting ready to be evicted. LOL
Actually, getting ready to escalate their attacks against Ukrainian forces since Ukraine threatened to attack the Crimea and/or the Crimean bridge to mainland Russia. Putin sent General Shoigu to Ukraine about a day ago to tell his generals to intensify and speed up the special operation. That way more land will be taken which will eliminate the threat to both Crimea and Donbas since Ukrainian weapons will be out of range for those areas.

The intensified attacks have already started. Let's see what develops. Moving some naval forces out of the Crimea doesn't automatically mean retreat or eviction. Those forces will return when Crimea becomes out of range of Ukrainian weapons. No way will the Russians get evicted from Crimea or anywhere else.

Old 07-17-2022, 11:40 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,476,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Actually, getting ready to escalate their attacks against Ukrainian forces since Ukraine threatened to attack the Crimea and/or the Crimean bridge to mainland Russia. Putin sent General Shoigu to Ukraine about a day ago to tell his generals to intensify and speed up the special operation. That way more land will be taken which will eliminate the threat to both Crimea and Donbas since Ukrainian weapons will be out of range for those areas.
LOL. This was hilarious. You can just see the rear echelon dude telling all these people who have seen their friends liquidated to "intensify and speed up". Oh yeah THATS motivational.

Quote:
The intensified attacks have already started. Let's see what develops. Moving some naval forces out of the Crimea doesn't automatically mean retreat or eviction. Those forces will return when Crimea becomes out of range of Ukrainian weapons. No way will the Russians get evicted from Crimea or anywhere else.
Based on? Seriously dude. Russia has not mobilized,and Ukraine is hitting almost 1 million men under arms. And is getting more weapons supplied non stop while russia begs Iran for drones. Meanwhile Ukraine is getting more himars, ammo, artillery, and tanks from other countries.

This is not a recipe for success. Its a recipe for Russian failure. And its stunningly incompetent.

Old 07-18-2022, 12:02 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,802,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. This was hilarious. You can just see the rear echelon dude telling all these people who have seen their friends liquidated to "intensify and speed up". Oh yeah THATS motivational.

Based on? Seriously dude. Russia has not mobilized,and Ukraine is hitting almost 1 million men under arms. And is getting more weapons supplied non stop while russia begs Iran for drones. Meanwhile Ukraine is getting more himars, ammo, artillery, and tanks from other countries.

This is not a recipe for success. Its a recipe for Russian failure. And its stunningly incompetent.
Apparently, you don't know the true situation in Ukraine. There is no million man Ukraine army. The Ukrainian defense minister said that was a mistake that was made in reporting that. The Russians are highly motivated and well placed with equipment and ammunition to advance. The constant predictions since March that the Russians are just about to run out has proven to be false. A lot of American suplied arms are being destroyed by Russian forces on the battlefield.

If Russian forces were in a state as you describe, they would already have been pushed out of Ukraine with both Crimea and Donbas taken back. Why are the "incompetent" Russian forces not being pushed out of Ukraine if they don't know what they're doing? Why are they advancing and not retreating? And Ukrainian forces do outnumber the Russian forces! They always have since the start of this operation! If anything, this is a disgrace to the Ukrainian forces!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies