Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 10:31 AM

2,388 posts, read 1,110,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
What about those narrative changes.
We used to hear about this great Ukrainian CounterOffensive that was going to sweep through Russian lines, causing soldiers to panic and collapse, this collapse was going to send tremors into the Kremlin and result in the end of Putin and the breakup of Russia.

Today, it's oh its going to be a LONG WAR that will last years.

Well, does anyone really believe the US+vassals will be able to train & equip a new Ukrainian army during active hostilities, AND financially prop-up the entire "Ukraine" pretend country, for YEARS?

Hell no, Russia just need to keep ticking things over and the whole proxy Ukraine project will come undone, just like it did in Afghanistan.
Rah Rah Russia! Go Russia Go!

oh yeah...and how did it go for Russia/USSR in Afghanistan.....remind me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 10:37 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
That's loony.
Have you ever read Lysander Spooner? Why would anyone believe any government is legitimate? When have governments ever been legitimate?

Regardless, their legitimacy or illegitimacy is irrelevant. They exist and they will murder you if you resist. Legitimacy today is exactly what it has always been, the sword.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:31 AM
bu2

24,170 posts, read 15,028,409 times
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66851975
Azerbaijan laughs at Russia and restarts war vs. Russian ally Armenia.

"...Azerbaijan and Armenia first went to war in the early 1990s after the fall of the Soviet Union. Then in 2020 Azerbaijan recaptured areas in and around Nagorno-Karabakh before a truce was agreed and monitored by Russian peacekeepers.

Ethnic Armenians in Karabakh appealed on Tuesday for a ceasefire and for talks to start. But it was clear from the Azerbaijani ultimatum that Baku's aim was to complete its conquest of the mountainous enclave.

Azerbaijan said talks could start in the town of Yevlakh, some 100km (60km) north of the Karabakh regional capital of Khankendi, called Stepanakert by ethnic Armenians.

Since the end of 2020, 3,000 Russians have monitored the fragile truce but Moscow's attention has been diverted by its full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Russia said its soldiers were evacuating civilians from Karabakh and had moved almost 500 from the most at-risk areas...."

Old 09-19-2023, 11:35 AM

755 posts, read 510,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Imagine if every time Russia shot a missile at a Ukrainian electrical substation, a Ukrainian air defense missile hit a market and killed dozens of people. Would the Ukrainian people simply shrug their shoulders and blame Russia?
Imagine if Russia did not shoot missiles at Ukrainian substations, but I digress.

Most air defense missiles don't go off course, but sometimes they do. But in any case, when they do work as designed and intercept incoming missiles, there's resulting debris that comes raining down out of the sky, which can damage what's on the ground, and yes cause casualties. Again (and again, and again, and so on), all of this is the fault of the f*ckin incoming missiles.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
What is loony about it? What did I get wrong?
Red, you must be awesome to get stoned with, and I mean that for real.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:10 PM

1,285 posts, read 597,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Rah Rah Russia! Go Russia Go!

oh yeah...and how did it go for Russia/USSR in Afghanistan.....remind me
Did you mean the USSR?

Old 09-19-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I've been saying this nonstop on this forum since 2009, and it has nothing to do with the Ukraine War. Ukraine is just one of the most obvious and glaring examples of it.

Not only is the Ukrainian government the product of a coup, Zelensky ran as a peace candidate and against corruption. Ukrainian corruption has only gotten worse, every week there is another corruption scandal(even Ukraine's delusional supporters must know this), and of course Zelensky refused to implement Minsk and began hostile provocations in Eastern Ukraine throughout 2021, creating the impetus for war. He even admitted to knowing war was coming in October 2021 and kept lying to the Ukrainian people because he didn't want them to leave the country(and now refuses to let the men leave the country, kidnapping them off the streets then pushing them into Russian minefields).

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/eur...s-7032185.html

Zelensky also refuses to hold elections because he knows he would lose. Not that I would expect the elections to be fair anyway. I would be absolutely terrified if I lived in Ukrainian to say absolutely anything against the regime. If you weren't murdered or imprisoned, you would end up first on the draft list and marched into Russian minefields. There is zero freedom or democracy in Ukraine. Their primary goal is to conquer Crimea where everyone hates them(which would be ethnically-cleansed if they were successful).

Why can't Americans see that Zelensky and his oligarchs are scum? None of this should be taken as a defense of Russia, but in this specific case, Ukraine is more wrong than Russia.
Let's examine this logically. So Zelenskyy's mandate was to go after corruption in a country which is rife with it. And, even during wartime, that's what he's doing, hence why we're hearing about corruption scandals. Yet somehow, that's a negative in your view? So what would be a positive, then? Would you prefer he did not go after corruption, or that it wasn't reported, or perhaps the president should merely snap his fingers and like magic corruption solved?

Considering your z-patriot stance, why are not more concerned with Russian corruption, which is the main reason why their special military occupation is going so swimmingly? Why not more concern how Russian men get recruited, or the rights of Russians to protest their regime? So strange, considering you bill yourself as "unbiased".

Zelenskyy cannot hold elections, because yes, they would not be fair anyway. BECAUSE, INVASION! How are they to hold fair elections during wartime, with millions displaced, 20% of the country occupied, and no way to ensure the safety of polling locations due to incoming missiles/drones? Plus, Ukraine's constitution doesn't allow for elections during martial law, and martial law BECAUSE INVASION.

There was no impetus to war. Nothing Ukraine did or did not do justified Russia rolling in. Nothing. Ukraine did not attack Russia, did not attack Russian citizens, didn't do any of that. Whatever was happening within Ukraine's borders was Ukraine's business, and for Ukraine to sort out. Not to mention the issues in Donbas were largely manufactured and perpetuated by Russia.

Your points are shallow, Redshadowz. This is just biased bullsh*t, and easily refuted.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:28 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,794,341 times
Nope. No F-16's, no more military equipment (unless they buy), and no more monies spent. If we have equipment that is usable, sell it. Do not give it away.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Let's examine this logically. So Zelenskyy's mandate was to go after corruption in a country which is rife with it. And, even during wartime, that's what he's doing, hence why we're hearing about corruption scandals. Yet somehow, that's a negative in your view? So what would be a positive, then? Would you prefer he did not go after corruption, or that it wasn't reported, or perhaps the president should merely snap his fingers and like magic corruption solved?
There are two main reasons you're hearing about it.

1) Because it is people buying their way out of military conscription or paying off border guards to escape the country. Ukraine is already struggling to find enough men to send to the meatgrinder and the corruption is hurting the war effort.

2) Because the west is tired of sending Ukraine a blank-check when the corruption has become so obvious that there are scores of wealthy Ukrainians riding around in luxury cars throughout Europe, buying homes on the French Riviera.

Trust me, none of it has anything to do with Zelensky. Zelensky is the most corrupt of all.

Quote:
Considering your z-patriot stance, why are not more concerned with Russian corruption, which is the main reason why their special military occupation is going so swimmingly? Why not more concern how Russian men get recruited, or the rights of Russians to protest their regime? So strange, considering you bill yourself as "unbiased".
1) I'm not paying for Russian corruption. Corruption is not the reason Russian hasn't defeated Ukraine. Most Russian corruption is exaggerated anyway. I've heard people claiming Shoigu pockets a third of the entire Russian military budget(that would have been $20 billion a year even before the war).

2) I don't like Russia. I've never said a kind word about Russia in my life except when I'm comparing the competency of Putin to Biden, or if I'm discussing whether Ukraine is justified in retaking Crimea by force. Just because Ukraine is worse doesn't make Russia good.

Quote:
Zelenskyy cannot hold elections, because yes, they would not be fair anyway. BECAUSE, INVASION!
He has actually offered to hold elections if we pay him, rofl.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-wo...n-congress-aid

Quote:
There was no impetus to war. Nothing Ukraine did or did not do justified Russia rolling in. Nothing. Ukraine did not attack Russia, did not attack Russian citizens, didn't do any of that. Whatever was happening within Ukraine's borders was Ukraine's business, and for Ukraine to sort out.
I don't agree that whatever happens in Ukraine is Ukraine's business and only Ukraine's business. And no decent person believes that either.

You believe nothing Ukraine does justifies an invasion. I disagree. But there's no reason to talk about it because you wouldn't care if Ukraine was murdering ethnic Russians(and they were) or committing ethnic-cleansing(and they were) because you think borders are sacrosanct and that invasion is never justified.

If that's what you believe then there is nothing left for us to discuss.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:46 PM

Redshadowz, you do know that I'm a native russian speaker from Ukraine, with russian speaking family in Ukraine, right? I've mentioned this before, and I'm pretty sure you're aware.

So what are you gonna tell me about how Russians are treated in Ukraine, or corruption, or any of that? Please educate me lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies