Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 07:11 PM

5,016 posts, read 2,786,794 times

Advertisements

Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmHG0EZsQY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 08:38 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,788,483 times
It's nice to see that people always find ways to make money even when faced with difficult circumstances. Lol

https://www.politico.eu/article/kaja...-ties-estonia/

Unbelievable. And still no resignation.

Old 08-28-2023, 08:43 PM

2,400 posts, read 1,200,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukraine has been using explosive line charges for many things from clearing mines to clearing trenches and tree lines.

Fleeing Russian soldiers left a child behind in a war zone. I have seen plenty of videos of Russian soldiers leaving their wounded comrades behind. But leaving a child behind? WTF man.

Russian hand-to-hand combat training. You don't want to miss this one. It could save your life someday.

https://youtu.be/QKVghgD_s3I
Tips for gay fighters at 6:03!

Old 08-28-2023, 10:33 PM

55 posts, read 25,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukraine has been using explosive line charges for many things from clearing mines to clearing trenches and tree lines.

Fleeing Russian soldiers left a child behind in a war zone. I have seen plenty of videos of Russian soldiers leaving their wounded comrades behind. But leaving a child behind? WTF man.

Russian hand-to-hand combat training. You don't want to miss this one. It could save your life someday.

https://youtu.be/QKVghgD_s3I
Ukrainian propaganda is getting cheaper and cheaper. The soldiers did not run, as Ukrainian "heroes" do. The soldiers calmly sat down and left. Let's go for help maybe? No one was surprised by the abandoned machine gun? So there were people in the car. But the goal of propaganda is to turn everything upside down. And hand-to-hand combat from some old videotapes. Tell the curators to check the quality of video materials before publication by bots.

Old 08-29-2023, 12:00 AM
bu2

24,314 posts, read 15,150,265 times
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66581217
BBC article on the casualties of the war.

"...Ukraine gives no official toll of its war dead - the Ukrainian armed forces have reiterated that their war casualty numbers are a state secret - but Margo knows the losses are huge.

The figures remain classified. But US officials, quoted by the New York Times, recently put the number at 70,000 dead and as many as 120,000 injured. It is a staggering figure, from an armed forces estimated at only half a million strong. The UN has recorded 9,177 civilian deaths to date....

A year and a half into this war, few families here have been left untouched by grief.

But still, there appears to be no slackening in the will to fight. If anything, the losses have, for now, galvanised the determination for victory.

Oksana and Pavlo made a wartime pact that if he died, she would join the military. For the past two months she's been serving as part of an aerial surveillance drone unit, on the outskirts of Bakhmut....

The Russians won't stop, he said, "you can't negotiate with them". The West doesn't understand this. Young soldiers who expected to be home in a year realise now, he said, they will be gone longer.

He is a veteran of the fight in Donbas, he's been fighting Russia and its proxies since 2014. How long then did he expect this war to last? "Another 10 years," he replied....

He told me: "We had two big [Russian attacks]. I think we were very successful, we found around 35 bodies. So I think basically we demolished one company."

Overall Russia's casualties are far greater, some 120,000 dead according to the latest US estimate. But its army, and population, is far larger. Ukrainian soldiers at the front line say Russia's ability to absorb pain appears limitless.

I ask Colonel Oleksii what he tells the families of the fallen.

"I just ask for forgiveness that I have not provided enough safety. Maybe I was a bad leader, bad planning. And I thank them for what they gave for this fight.""

Old 08-29-2023, 02:18 AM

5,016 posts, read 2,786,794 times
update from the front...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJLAMI25H0

Old 08-29-2023, 02:40 AM

62,518 posts, read 88,597,252 times
Right. Turkic nomads, who trace their ancestry to many Turkic states such as the First Turkic Khaganate and the Second Turkic Khaganate, have inhabited the country from as early as the 6th century.

Old 08-29-2023, 05:44 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,769,294 times
ISW Update 8/28/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...august-28-2023

Quote:
Aug 28, 2023 - Press ISW

Ukrainian officials formally acknowledged that Ukrainian forces had liberated Robotyne amid continued Ukrainian advances in western Zaporizhia Oblast and near Bakhmut. Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Malyar reported on August 28 that Ukrainian forces have liberated Robotyne, achieved unspecified successes southeast of Robotyne (10km south of Orikhiv) and south of Mala Tokmachka (7km southeast of Orikhiv), and are advancing in the directions of Novodanylivka (4km south of Orikhiv), Novopokropivka (15km south of Orikhiv), Mala Tokmachka, and Ocheretuvate (25km southwest of Orikhiv). Heat anomalies from NASA FIRMS/VIIRS sensors and Russian claims of Ukrainian advances likely indicate that Ukrainian forces advanced near Verbove. Malyar also stated that Ukrainian forces pushed Russian forces out of positions east of Klishchiivka (7km southwest of Bakhmut) and in the center of the settlement and have made unspecified progress near Orikhovo-Vasylivka (11km northwest of Bakhmut).

Old 08-29-2023, 06:30 AM

772 posts, read 528,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumsunel View Post
Ukrainian propaganda is getting cheaper and cheaper. The soldiers did not run, as Ukrainian "heroes" do. The soldiers calmly sat down and left. Let's go for help maybe? No one was surprised by the abandoned machine gun? So there were people in the car. But the goal of propaganda is to turn everything upside down. And hand-to-hand combat from some old videotapes. Tell the curators to check the quality of video materials before publication by bots.
All I learned from it was how to give a dude a handjob.

Old 08-29-2023, 07:34 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,131,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66581217
BBC article on the casualties of the war.

"...Ukraine gives no official toll of its war dead - the Ukrainian armed forces have reiterated that their war casualty numbers are a state secret - but Margo knows the losses are huge.

The figures remain classified. But US officials, quoted by the New York Times, recently put the number at 70,000 dead and as many as 120,000 injured. It is a staggering figure, from an armed forces estimated at only half a million strong. The UN has recorded 9,177 civilian deaths to date....

A year and a half into this war, few families here have been left untouched by grief.

But still, there appears to be no slackening in the will to fight. If anything, the losses have, for now, galvanised the determination for victory.

Oksana and Pavlo made a wartime pact that if he died, she would join the military. For the past two months she's been serving as part of an aerial surveillance drone unit, on the outskirts of Bakhmut....

The Russians won't stop, he said, "you can't negotiate with them". The West doesn't understand this. Young soldiers who expected to be home in a year realise now, he said, they will be gone longer.

He is a veteran of the fight in Donbas, he's been fighting Russia and its proxies since 2014. How long then did he expect this war to last? "Another 10 years," he replied....

He told me: "We had two big [Russian attacks]. I think we were very successful, we found around 35 bodies. So I think basically we demolished one company."

Overall Russia's casualties are far greater, some 120,000 dead according to the latest US estimate. But its army, and population, is far larger. Ukrainian soldiers at the front line say Russia's ability to absorb pain appears limitless.

I ask Colonel Oleksii what he tells the families of the fallen.

"I just ask for forgiveness that I have not provided enough safety. Maybe I was a bad leader, bad planning. And I thank them for what they gave for this fight.""
I highly doubt that Ukrainian soldiers at the front line are saying that Russia's ability to absorb pain appears limitless....I'm calling BS on that....sounds more what C-D Ruskateers keep mouthing off....
Russia's army and population far larger....yes....about double for army ....about triple for population....
not limitless...that is just BS stuff....once you get to a population of over 40 million, like Ukraine,
you are not in "pushover" country class anymore....Ukraine has the motivation ...strong will...unlike Russia,
their lives are on the line ....that means a lot...the X factor...here we are 18 months in...and I don't
see this "limitless" Russian army advancing and taking over ....in fact they are in defense mode....
on their heels ....laying down as many mines as possible to hold off Ukrainian advance ...that's what I see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies