Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 09:16 PM
bu2

24,314 posts, read 15,150,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I bet last year you would have predicted it would be over in 2023. Next year you will predict 2025. At the current rate the war is going for either side, the war will last until at least the end of the 2030s. If you look at the war maps, they are literally moving kilometer by kilometer. The war will never end that way.
Most likely Russia's army and willpower will collapse as it did in WWI and Afghanistan. But it may take years. Hopefully it will happen in months, but I don't expect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 09:22 PM

2,389 posts, read 1,131,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I bet last year you would have predicted it would be over in 2023. Next year you will predict 2025. At the current rate the war is going for either side, the war will last until at least the end of the 2030s. If you look at the war maps, they are literally moving kilometer by kilometer. The war will never end that way.
World War I ....trench warfare ...with far less technology....only lasted 4 years (1914-1918)....
World War 2 .....a huge war ....lasted 6 years (1939-1945)....again, without today's weaponry....

End of the 2030s ....doubtful....
I could be wrong ...you could be right.....we don't know...nobody does...

With wars ....sometimes it moves at a seemingly glacial pace....then suddenly a breakthrough
and it's over....I think, perhaps, that is what will happen with this war.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:38 PM

25,861 posts, read 17,633,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
World War I ....trench warfare ...with far less technology....only lasted 4 years (1914-1918)....
World War 2 .....a huge war ....lasted 6 years (1939-1945)....again, without today's weaponry....

With wars ....sometimes it moves at a seemingly glacial pace....then suddenly a breakthrough
You're challenging the "endless wars" narrative. Lots of luck with that.
You can't kill a myth with a fact, so the myth that the MIC is promoting endless wars cannot be challenged by facts. I don't know why.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:20 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,788,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You're challenging the "endless wars" narrative. Lots of luck with that.
You can't kill a myth with a fact, so the myth that the MIC is promoting endless wars cannot be challenged by facts. I don't know why.
I don't know, perhaps consult with Eisenhower

Old 08-25-2023, 03:52 AM

5,016 posts, read 2,786,794 times
update from the front...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9klvscOSqs

Old 08-25-2023, 04:15 AM

26,805 posts, read 15,355,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post

We have different objectives than Ukraine.

Ukraine is stating they will invade Crimea.

The US is stating that we believe Russia would use nukes to defend Crimea.

At what point do we make Ukraine have the same objectives since we're funding them?

Old 08-25-2023, 04:26 AM

26,805 posts, read 15,355,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
I don't know, perhaps consult with Eisenhower
Yep.

These people don't know history.

The US is constantly at war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

The US spends more on military than any other country (its not close) and has about 80% of the world's foreign military bases. Yet people insist there is no nefarious connections between government and business encouraging it. They need to read General Butler's War is a Racket.

You astutely mention Eisenhower, he thought people didn't think outside what they were told, which becomes a threat to everyone.

What did Mark Twain say? It's easier to fool someone than convince them that they've been fooled.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 08-25-2023 at 04:42 AM..

Old 08-25-2023, 05:31 AM

7,707 posts, read 5,618,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
We have different objectives than Ukraine.

Ukraine is stating they will invade Crimea.

The US is stating that we believe Russia would use nukes to defend Crimea.

At what point do we make Ukraine have the same objectives since we're funding them?
No, Ukraine is not saying it will invade Crimea. Crimea is part of their own country. It would be like the U.S. saying it will invade Colorado.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:35 AM

14,845 posts, read 8,274,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Crimea is part of their own country.
Rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
It would be like the U.S. saying it will invade Colorado.
It would be more like America invading Puerto Rico to put down Hispanic separatism. "Herr derr, it's our territory".

PS: Ukraine needs to **** off. Everyone in Crimea hates them. The retards in Kiev should have thought twice about having John McCain and Victoria Nuland help them overthrow a legitimate democratically-elected government. The moment Joe Biden is overthrown by a bunch of MAGA Trumpers and/or white supremacists, California will 100% secede, and all the screeching about "muh territory" won't change anything. Ukraine wanted this war, now they have it. And Zelensky better keep deepthroating Joe and Hunter Biden's ***** because otherwise his head will be on a pike. Which is exactly where it should be.

As I tried to remind the retarded Ukrainians back in 2014. Those who live by the sword, die by the sword. They should have waited for the early elections and this whole mess would have been avoided. But that isn't what America wanted. Because **** the EU.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post36283669

I would ask how the Ukrainians could possibly be so stupid to be led like lemmings to suicide, but then I look around at the average American and it becomes obvious. Morons.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 08-25-2023 at 05:56 AM..

Old 08-25-2023, 08:04 AM

26,970 posts, read 22,919,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Rofl.

It would be more like America invading Puerto Rico to put down Hispanic separatism. "Herr derr, it's our territory".

PS: Ukraine needs to **** off. Everyone in Crimea hates them. The retards in Kiev should have thought twice about having John McCain and Victoria Nuland help them overthrow a legitimate democratically-elected government. The moment Joe Biden is overthrown by a bunch of MAGA Trumpers and/or white supremacists, California will 100% secede, and all the screeching about "muh territory" won't change anything. Ukraine wanted this war, now they have it. And Zelensky better keep deepthroating Joe and Hunter Biden's ***** because otherwise his head will be on a pike. Which is exactly where it should be.

As I tried to remind the retarded Ukrainians back in 2014. Those who live by the sword, die by the sword. They should have waited for the early elections and this whole mess would have been avoided. But that isn't what America wanted. Because **** the EU.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post36283669

I would ask how the Ukrainians could possibly be so stupid to be led like lemmings to suicide, but then I look around at the average American and it becomes obvious. Morons.

Have to agree with your each and every word here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies