Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 11:27 PM

26,918 posts, read 22,802,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You trust Prigozhin far more than you should. He isn't a patriot. He is an opportunist. It is fine to be critical of Shoigu, the defense ministry, and Putin; but any Russian who throws their support behind Prigozhin is a fool.

I think you project your own outlook on life onto other people too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 11:37 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,258,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think you project your own outlook on life onto other people too much.
Be careful about wanting something so badly you stop seeing things for what they really are.

PS: Didn't Girkin also say to not trust Prigozhin?

Old 06-23-2023, 11:38 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
I haven't seen ANYWHERE on Russian TG channels that Prigozhin mentioned 2,000 of his men being killed in the camp. In fact, he never voiced the exact number of his people killed in the camp.

He did however mention the number of 2,000 dead soldiers at certain location, but it was used in a totally different context, as the losses that MoD was trying to cover up lately.

So again apparently Western media is feeding public the disinformation.

There is no end to this disinformation, is there?
Well you can listen to part of the audio here:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...nt-tsr-vpx.cnn

“The chief of the Wagner private military group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, accused Russian military leadership of striking a Wagner military camp and killing a "huge amount" of his mercenary forces.”

Better still, go the Prigozhin’s Telegram channel and listen to the audios there.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:41 PM

10 posts, read 4,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

“The chief of the Wagner private military group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, accused Russian military leadership of striking a Wagner military camp and killing a "huge amount" of his mercenary forces.”
So someone had a theory.

Putin needs an out, so Wagner and Putin will put out the narrative that the Russian Ministry of Defense lied to Putin and lied to the people about Ukraine.

So they’re gonna take out the Defense ministry, Putin will hail them as heroes, and Wagner will take over the military.

Russia gained nothing from this war, so this is the best way for Putin to save face.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:45 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobbz View Post
So someone had a theory.

Putin needs an out, so Wagner and Putin will put out the narrative that the Russian Ministry of Defense lied to Putin and lied to the people about Ukraine.

So they’re gonna take out the Defense ministry, Putin will hail them as heroes, and Wagner will take over the military.

Russia gained nothing from this war, so this is the best way for Putin to save face.
If Prigozhin has full control of the Russian military, then Putin simply becomes his puppet.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Be careful about wanting something so badly you stop seeing things for what they really are.

PS: Didn't Girkin also say to not trust Prigozhin?

OMG, I'm glad you brought it up.

Girkin HATES Prigozhin so much by now, that he sided with MoD accusing Prigozhin of "treason," even though he was spewing nothing but gull towards MoD himself earlier.

But he is so bitter that Prigozhin is that hero that he ( Girkin) always wanted to be, that Pri ultimately plays the role in Russian history that Girkin himself was dreaming of ( but was deprived of,) that he is ready to throw Prigozhin under the bus and then some more.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:52 PM

10 posts, read 4,130 times
Quote:
If Prigozhin has full control of the Russian military, then Putin simply becomes his puppet.
Pretty much, Prigozhim seems 10x more psychotic than Putin.

Scratch that, he is way more psychotic when you read about the atrocities of the Wagner group.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:53 PM

Quote:

Better still, go the Prigozhin’s Telegram channel and listen to the audios there.

I did, and as I've said - nowhere there he mentioned that 2,000 of his men were killed in the camp.

Neither did I hear that in the CNN video above.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:59 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,258,989 times
Quote:
OMG, I'm glad you brought it up.

Girkin HATES Prigozhin so much by now, that he sided with MoD accusing Prigozhin of "treason," even though he was spewing nothing but gull towards MoD himself earlier.

But he is so bitter that Prigozhin is that hero that he ( Girkin) always wanted to be, that Pri ultimately plays the role in Russian history that Girkin himself was dreaming of ( but was deprived of,) that he is ready to throw Prigozhin under the bus and then some more.
Might there be an alternative explanation? Hasn't Girkin been warning of a Prigozhin coup for weeks?

Who do you trust more, Girkin or Prigozhin?

Old 06-24-2023, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Might there be an alternative explanation? Hasn't Girkin been warning of a Prigozhin coup for weeks?

Who do you trust more, Girkin or Prigozhin?

I USED to trust Girkin, until his spat with Prigozhin.

See, G. tried to return to the front lines in LDNR in spite of Kremlin's ban, but this attempt fell through. Then I don't remember the details, but Prigozhin told him you can join Wagner, but don't expect any preferential treatment automatically. You need to show what you are capable of first as a regular fighter ( or something within these lines.) Girkin's ego was so bruised, from that point on he had nothing but gull. So once it's a bruised ego that governs a person and all his motives, you can't take him seriously any longer.

So obviously at this point I trust Prigozhin more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies