Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.80%
No 255 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.70%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 04:00 PM

8,988 posts, read 11,871,168 times

Advertisements

More Russian invaders killed. Me so happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLzqCaNdlM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 04:03 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,757,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
The warmongers and those who want to make money off this Ukraine Russia war are the only ones gleeful right now.

When we get nuked and destroyed, they will not care. We are at war with Russia, but they wont say that in those words.
Maybe the root of the problem is Putin...don't ya think??

Old 06-22-2022, 04:04 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,947,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Certainly an extremely expensive deal for the American people, including enduring looming economic hardships. But hey, a hundred percent of the people know best what they want, right?
I feel like we’ve gotten over the initial shock of gas prices increasing after the invasion by Russia. Inflation is mostly due to other factors, but the fed moves will slow that down. I really don’t see much economic damage to the US coming. Supplying Ukraine is far cheaper than Iraq or Afghanistan, and 30 countries are contributing.

It’s harder for Europe, while they are weaning themselves off Russian energy, so they may have a little more hardship. But they are more than willing to help because it’s their backyard.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
When we get nuked and destroyed, they will not care. We are at war with Russia, but they wont say that in those words.
A Cold War, yes. And proxy war, but been doing proxy wars with Russia since 1980s Afghanistan. Nothing new there.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:11 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,798,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I feel like we’ve gotten over the initial shock of gas prices increasing after the invasion by Russia. Inflation is mostly due to other factors, but the fed moves will slow that down. I really don’t see much economic damage to the US coming. Supplying Ukraine is far cheaper than Iraq or Afghanistan, and 30 countries are contributing.

It’s harder for Europe, while they are weaning themselves off Russian energy, so they may have a little more hardship. But they are more than willing to help because it’s their backyard.
But there is more coming, both for the US and Europe. I'm so glad we have so many altruistic Americans who would gladly help Ukraine, but other Americans, not so much. But that's fine, we should get used to hardship. It will make us into a more tough people.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:15 PM

8,988 posts, read 11,871,168 times
Good Russian propaganda video here. You can tell because the video quality is very high. Not that they are not capable of shooting down drones, but war footage are usually shaken and of lower quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsofLduhfog

Old 06-22-2022, 04:40 PM

43,754 posts, read 18,781,145 times
Zelensky just banned the opposition party and the state seized all assets. Are there any parties left in Ukraine or is Zelensky now a dictator ?

Old 06-22-2022, 04:54 PM
bu2

24,207 posts, read 15,058,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Zelensky just banned the opposition party and the state seized all assets. Are there any parties left in Ukraine or is Zelensky now a dictator ?
Old News. With the declaration of martial law in March, Zelensky banned 11 pro-Russian parties. I believe only a couple of them had seats in parliament.

Ukraine has over two dozen political parties. About a dozen have seats in parliament and about 10% of parliament are independents.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
But there is more coming, both for the US and Europe. I'm so glad we have so many altruistic Americans who would gladly help Ukraine, but other Americans, not so much. But that's fine, we should get used to hardship. It will make us into a more tough people.
Like I said, I just don't see any additional hardship on the horizon for the USA. Europe maybe. Africa maybe. But the US is not reliant on Russia or Ukraine in any significant way. And the manufacturing of new, high tech weaponry to replace the stuff we are giving away should help the economy.

I guess one problem could be that the US dollar always skyrockets when there is serious global uncertainty. People flee to safety, as they say. And then the high dollar makes imports more from anywhere more expensive and contributes to inflation. Is that the hardship you are thinking about?

Old 06-22-2022, 05:16 PM
bu2

24,207 posts, read 15,058,468 times
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61891462

"...While Russia has for months avoided detailing its casualties, the human rights ombudsman in the so-called Donetsk People's Republic said last week that 2,128 of its forces had been killed and 8,897 wounded. A further 654 civilians had been killed, said Daria Morozova....

In its daily briefing, UK intelligence said the casualties suffered by Donetsk's proxy militia amounted to 55% of its original force.

For months there have been reports of civilians being conscripted into the militia by force, with low morale and poor quality weapons, including rifles that went out of service decades ago. Last month, Ukraine's SBU security service claimed militiamen compared conditions to slavery and were ready to desert.

Disaffected former proxy officials such as Yevgeniy Mikhailov said last month that untrained reservists from Donetsk had been sent to the front line because Russia had stopped sending conscripts. One resident told the BBC last month that there had been "tragedies everywhere".

This week the proxy administration said it was offering one-year contracts to foreign mercenaries to join its forces...."

Interesting the group that is sentencing to death mercenaries is advertising for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies