Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.80%
No 255 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.70%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 09:00 PM

8,988 posts, read 11,871,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
They signed defense agreements with the U.K., not with the man. They trust the written obligation which I assume was ratified by Parliament.

I don’t hate Johnson. He seems very intelligent. I just don’t trust him based on events involving him in the past. There’s a good reason he is no longer PM.
He visited Ukraine 5 months before your PM did. He did more for Ukraine than any other leaders in the West. The Russians hate him with a passion. That tells me he did the right things. Your opinion, and mine, don't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 09:07 PM

5,295 posts, read 3,866,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
He visited Ukraine 5 months before your PM did. He did more for Ukraine than any other leaders in the West. The Russians hate him with a passion. That tells me he did the right things. Your opinion, and mine, don't matter.

Like queering the peace deal his handlers ordered him to do. The Disheveled One has blood on his hands.

Old 02-24-2023, 09:18 PM

13,861 posts, read 4,472,233 times
Quote:
The Indian news outlet WION is a pro-Putin outfit. India abstained from all votes condemning Russia's barbaric invasion of Ukraine. They have increased tradings with Russia 400% since the invasion. They provide silent support for the invasion. WION is almost as biased as RT when it comes to Russia and Ukraine.

I trust WION as much as I trust RT.

Actually WION goes after Putin also. Funny that you won't consider 1 source that criticizes Zelensky also.

So any Non-West country that is not in the Zelensky bandwagon is a pro-Putin outfit? Really?

Zelensky shuts down 3 channels in Ukraine because he doesn't like criticism and a challenge to his regime but WION and India are the problem? LOL

Listen to the other side and to independent journalism that calls out both sides. This is journalism that We don't get in the West because it's not allowed and the media is controlled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzgPJeYZaOU

Old 02-24-2023, 09:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzgPJeYZaOU

Old 02-24-2023, 09:46 PM

Like the video shows, Russia was provoked in this conflict and the U.S. and NATO have to take the blame. I remember 1990-1991 under HW Bush. I was active in the Navy hunting Soviet Nuclear Submarines at the Bering Sea with the P-3 Orion Squadrons. A lot was going on not just Desert Storm and WION is correct in the video. They show a side that is ignored by the West by design.

If the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union stop existing why did NATO didn't dissolve or downsized? Instead they doubled their countries. Russia has been invaded 5 times by the West in last 400 years and twice in the last 100 years, Why would they trust this aggression to their borders. The U.S. wouldn't.

It's bad foreign policy to expand NATO after the Cold War and enter in the Middle East Wars. Ever since Vietnam, it has been bad foreign policy after another bad foreign policy to get one outcome, endless wars.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-24-2023 at 10:06 PM..

Old 02-24-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Many Russians are putting bars on all of the upper floor widows.

Falling out of windows in Russia seems to be quite common for any connected to Putin.
Only top people get thrown out of windows. The average Russian get jailed for things like speaking out against the war, or even calling the war a war.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the Ukraine War is essentially a suicide mission for Vladimir Putin at this point.

What is going to become of Russia when it finally ends?
Russia will be weaker and possibly smaller, but still somewhat important because of the natural resources and nukes it has. After the war, a new bloc consisting of China, Russia, and India is a possibility and one that would be a headache for the West.

They have nukes to protect themselves and enough resources and people to trade amongst themselves should they choose to.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:20 PM

7,697 posts, read 5,589,943 times
Quote:
The visits are PR and Boris loves TV cameras.

Scratch below the surface. Before the war Canada had the second largest diaspora of Ukrainians in the world (Russia had the largest). The biggest supporter of Ukraine in our government is our deputy prime minister, Chrystia Freeland.

Quote:
Freeland’s maternal grandparents were both born in Ukraine and her mother helped draft the country’s constitution when it gained independence in 1991.

Between 1988 and 1989, she studied at the University of Kyiv as an exchange student while earning a degree at Harvard University. There, she caught the attention of the Soviet Union’s KGB for her pro-democracy, pro-Ukrainian independence activism.

In the 1990s, she launched her journalism career in Ukraine and later became Moscow’s bureau chief for the Financial Times.

Along with other Canadian politicians and diplomats, Freeland is barred from entering Russia after the West applied sanctions for its annexation of Crimea.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/why-...land-1.5806555

KGB archives show how Chrystia Freeland drew the ire (and respect) of Soviet intelligence services

Quote:
The Soviet Union’s secret police, the infamous KGB, praised her savvy and erudition, even as she frustrated their attempts to spy on her in Cold War Ukraine. They tagged her with the code name Frida. But today we know Chrystia Freeland as Canada’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance.
So far Canada has taken in 168,000 Ukrainian refugees. Adjusted for population, that would be the equivalent of the US taking in more than 1.4 million Ukrainians.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Only top people get thrown out of windows. The average Russian get jailed for things like speaking out against the war, or even calling the war a war.

and Ukraine has freedom of speech? Zelensky closed 3 tv channels that criticized him and abuses minorities. You still think Ukraine is a democracy?

Old 02-24-2023, 11:48 PM

The West has invaded Russia 5 times in the last 400 years and twice in the last 100 years. Why should Russia trust the West? The West lied to them about not expanding NATO after 1991 and they doubled it.

Please explain when the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991 why didn't NATO dissolved or downsized instead NATO doubled their size and wants more. That is provocation and Russia had to react.

Add the U.S. and their allies invaded Iraq and Afghanistan for 20 years. Why should Russia trust the West?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies