Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.80%
No 255 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.70%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 08:10 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,116,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Now that battlefield damage assessment is being crowd sourced others are coming to another theory. Going back to my initial thought that it sounded like a SAS raid on the Luftwaffe in North Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJuz8qO4sJs

The comments section is interesting, former artillerymen saying that is just how it would look from their missiles with others saying no the facts support a special forces raid.
That second video is excellent ....I agree with his assessment....
combination of partisans and special forces....
way to precise to have been missile strikes.

They did a very good job of it too....almost perfect....love it
Go Ukraine go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 08:21 AM

8,215 posts, read 3,761,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Now that battlefield damage assessment is being crowd sourced others are coming to another theory. Going back to my initial thought that it sounded like a SAS raid on the Luftwaffe in North Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJuz8qO4sJs

The comments section is interesting, former artillerymen saying that is just how it would look from their missiles with others saying no the facts support a special forces raid.
That tells me all I need to know about the various youtube "experts". Lol.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:23 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,116,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That tells me all I need to know about the various youtube "experts". Lol.
I agree....this guy is good isn't he...spot on!

Old 08-12-2022, 08:53 AM

7,825 posts, read 2,757,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
That second video is excellent ....I agree with his assessment....
combination of partisans and special forces....
way to precise to have been missile strikes.

They did a very good job of it too....almost perfect....love it
Go Ukraine go!
Agreed, this is excellent analysis...will add to sources I'm following.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,848,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
This mixes up the idea of Crimean independence with the annexation of Crimea by Russia.

They are not equivalent.

How is annexation independence?
When Crimea decided on becoming part of Russia again, that automatically included splitting from Ukraine first. Independence is just an intermediary step.

The thing is, Crimea was already annexed by Ukraine against its will before. So becoming part of Russia again was merely undoing the first annexation:

Quote:
That is why Kiev abolished the Constitution of Crimea on its own authority on 17 March 1995. It sent troops to overthrow Yuri Mechkov, president of Crimea, and de facto annexed the Republic of Crimea. That led to street protests aimed at annexing Crimea with Russia.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:46 AM

A revealing interview with a Ukrainian soldier, who clearly states that Ukraine had planned to start the war with Russia all along by attacking the Donbass, which they did on Feb. 15.
He also talks about how the regime would send propagandists to the troops in order to make them hate Russians...

If you wish I can translate all the German subtitles into English...

https://t.me/neuesausrussland/9379

PS:
OK, I translated the subtitles, you're welcome ^^

Quote:
Ukrainian commanders were talking about an imminent attack on the Donbass.
They said we should not allow Russia to attack first and instead attack the Donbass first.
They wanted to conquer the area lost and maybe go beyond.

The higher ranks of the military were talking a lot about these plans and sometimes that information was passed on to the troops.

They said they could rely on a loyal ally, the West, which would supply arms and most likely send troops to help them in their fight against Russia.

There were units from the SBU [secret service] visiting us and bringing all kinds of propaganda brochures that told how bloodthirsty the Russians were, that they needed to kill the Russians, and that Ukraine was a united nation. It was a kind of fascist ideology.

I witnessed those SBU units a couple of times, they said we had to attack Russia, that empire of evil, we had to regain our land and get the opportunity to conquer even more foreign territory. I assume they meant Russian territory.

They brought all kinds of books and movies that were telling us about the abuse of Ukrainians on the part of the USSR. Typical propaganda stuff.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-12-2022 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-12-2022, 09:50 AM

Hm, what is this news about?

Quote:
The office of President Zelensky issued a command to withdraw local administrations, military registration and enlistment offices from Zaporozhye, Nikolaev and the cities and towns of Donbass and take out all the documentation.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:59 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,798,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Hm, what is this news about?
Zelensky not accepting new military conscripts from there any more? Or to prevent the Russians from learning who the Ukrainian fighters from those regions were as they take over those towns and get access to that intelligence. But still difficult to say what this is all about.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:43 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,701,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
A revealing interview with a Ukrainian soldier, who clearly states that Ukraine had planned to start the war with Russia all along by attacking the Donbass, which they did on Feb. 15.
He also talks about how the regime would send propagandists to the troops in order to make them hate Russians...

If you wish I can translate all the German subtitles into English...

https://t.me/neuesausrussland/9379

PS:
OK, I translated the subtitles, you're welcome ^^
Yes, because the best time to do a surprise attack is when your enemy has spent months moving about 75% of their military to surround your borders.

Old 08-12-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Yes, because the best time to do a surprise attack is when your enemy has spent months moving about 75% of their military to surround your borders.
Well, actually, Ukraine had been concentrating most of its troops - and the best ones - right to the West of the Donbass for years before the invasion. So, I think cause comes before effect...

Nor did Russia move 75% of its military to the Ukrainian borders. Any serious source for that figure?

Russian secret services know exactly what was going on in Ukraine, what Kiev's plans were back then. They knew about the imminent threat to the Donbass republics. And they were right because on Feb. 15 the attack started, and about a week later the invasion started. Had the Russians not concentrated their troops around Ukraine, they could not have helped the Donbass people.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-12-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies