Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion?
Yes, liberals/the left have destroyed morality in Amerca 109 66.46%
Morality has declined, but it is not too late. 34 20.73%
No, America has not had any moral decline. Everything is hunky dory. 21 12.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 12:07 PM

24,510 posts, read 17,260,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Theyve simply exhibited their own, tried to sell it to the rest and have dragged some to the gutter with them. Morality on an individual level exists yet.

The Left is doing their best to flush America, her values, heritage and morality down the drain.

History is being cancelled.
Statues are coming down.
Names and Figures of sports teams and products are being dumped because they are "offensive" to a few.
Crime is on the rise.
Cops are the enemy.
Weak DA's and Liberal judges that just let hardened criminals go to hurt more innocent people.

The political weaponization of the FBI and the DOJ by the Left to the point that we cannot trust them anymore.

The Middle class Nuclear family is a problem because not everyone has that support.

Kids that have no life skills to handle the bullying that resort to bringing a weapon to school.

Most people do not have a problem with the LGBQTIxyz until we are forced to accept that lifestyle.

Late term Abortions for everyone!

The Border is wide open to law breakers with our elected saying, technically it is not Illegal to be Illegal.

Everything is racist and white people have to make amends for slavery.

A full blown riot is a peaceful protest but January 6th was an insurrection?

Covid restrictions where our leaders have set "rules for thee but not for me"

The Hypocrisy of the Dems and their media that are allowed to get away with so much that we do not even trust them anymore.

Hunter Biden....

The lies, the lies, the lies.

etc etc etc...

We have to trust that there is still a majority of people out there that do the right thing everyday for themselves, family and community otherwise why bother to fight the good fight?

Old 02-03-2022, 12:12 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,603,111 times
the English discovered that in an imperial system, democracy suffers at home, when the us military go all over the world and then allows refugees back into our country to the point they gain seats in our government, why does it come as a surprise that these "new" Americans are not mirror images of us?...and i am thinking of US representatives of that nature...

it seems our "system" in practice is not what many have been led to believe it is in reality

Old 02-03-2022, 12:15 PM

7,391 posts, read 3,546,926 times
i think the premise for this thread is misguided. it isn’t morality that is the issue because the topics OP mentioned are quite a matter of political philosophy. it is the overreach of government and the people who are more than willing to accept it on both sides which is concerning

Old 02-03-2022, 12:17 PM

25,460 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Define America's moral compass.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:19 PM

19,245 posts, read 17,110,766 times
Moral decay, according to who? The self appointed Religious Right guardians of American Culture and their never ending attempt to put everyone in their pews and force feed them their views?

Old 02-03-2022, 12:20 PM

20,467 posts, read 12,395,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The poll is one sided about the failings of the left while ignoring the failings of the right.

Note I am not saying the left lacks giant failings.
thats because the failings on the right are either individual or rare.

the left has collectivly attacked morality in general. repeatedly.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:21 PM

7,391 posts, read 3,546,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
One amazing thing as that right wingers still pretend that they support small government when that is the opposite of the truth.
i am much more fearful of the left with their lunacy

Old 02-03-2022, 12:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,924,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The poll is one sided about the failings of the left while ignoring the failings of the right.

Note I am not saying the left lacks giant failings.
I voted the middle box, we all do wrong as human beings, and there is a difference between a classic liberal and a woke liberal which is like the far right racist, they are the far left racist. That’s my opinion.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:23 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,300,376 times
There's plenty of family values if you turn off the TV and leave large cities to where the single family housing is. People are raising families around here, life is good.

Actually quite a bit of "family values" are still promoted among the mainstream media. I see it all the time in commercials.

It's not like morality is dead. We just reward bad behavior more these days which gives incentive for people to make bad choices and get away with it.

What is morality anyways? Who's to say for example if promiscuous sex with multiple partners is "immoral" or not. Morality is largely subjective in many cases... though I believe conservative values in general lead to healthier societies. Some of the left act like family values are a western white thing, but they are not... go all over the world people have strong cultural heritage and pride and strong family ties. For some reason certain elites detest this and want to break it up, get rid of fathers... probably because fathers teach kids to resist government authority/overreach/tyranny and those in charge want total obedience.

Old 02-03-2022, 12:26 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
No. America has had so many things happen that are morally repugnant for over 200 years. In a way, both liberals and conservatives are responsible for morally unspeakable things throughout America's history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies