Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 11:25 AM

45,674 posts, read 24,153,122 times

Advertisements

I don't think they will.

Delta found that they got a high rate of vaccination with no mandate...I suspect as we continue to see this virus spread, more and more people will 'bend' and vaccination rates will go higher -- with or without mandates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 11:26 AM

7,100 posts, read 6,029,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSurfer123 View Post
Lets say 6 months from now, and 1-2 years from now, are more and more companies in Florida and Texas going to keep pushing for employees to get the shots and continue with regular boosters?

Are the states that display resistance against the mandates going to be able to hold back against what has happened elsewhere like in NY and CA and globally where there seems no end?

Is moving from a state like NY to a state like TX in order to not take the shots for having a job or going to the movies or to the gym, will it be worth it or will all states succumb to the mandates?

Hopefully we can keep a discussion about this civil and the topic here is informative for everyone. Thanks.
I'd so no. The reason is Covid is a great big old nothing burger. IF it were, say, swine flu or something deadly, then I could see TX and FL wanting people to get vaccinated before returning to work but since Covid is really just a mild case of the flu for healthy, working class folks the answer is no.

Show me statistics where covid is killing anyone other that nursing home residents, heart disease patients, and those with diabetes and I'll start to worry.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:53 AM

23,175 posts, read 12,339,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
This right here. I would really love for one of these self-proclaimed “conservatives” come explain how a private enterprise exercising their right to keep a functioning and safe workplace is somehow political.

Aside from the fact that these private enterprises are failing to accomplish that? You might have noticed the nearly fully vaccinated canceling thousands of flights the last few days. Or the fully vaccinated cruise ships being denied port calls?

Old 12-26-2021, 12:38 PM

17,581 posts, read 9,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSurfer123 View Post
Lets say 6 months from now, and 1-2 years from now, are more and more companies in Florida and Texas going to keep pushing for employees to get the shots and continue with regular boosters?

Are the states that display resistance against the mandates going to be able to hold back against what has happened elsewhere like in NY and CA and globally where there seems no end?

Is moving from a state like NY to a state like TX in order to not take the shots for having a job or going to the movies or to the gym, will it be worth it or will all states succumb to the mandates?

Hopefully we can keep a discussion about this civil and the topic here is informative for everyone. Thanks.
I can only speak for Texas. The Florida Legislature went into a special session, passed a Law against Mandates & the Governor signed it. Both Texas & Floria have sued(and won) the Biden Administration to stop the Mandates. The US Supreme Court has agreed to settle the issue in a special session in January.

In Texas — Governor Abbott has chosen a different route. He issued an Executive order against Mandates. He set up a Hot Line to report any company requiring them.

Recent Interview on the question of Texas doing what Florida did with a Special Session and Law against Mandates:
In fact, when it comes to vaccine requirements, dozens of Republican state lawmakers believe he has not done enough to outlaw them and want him to call a special session to codify his executive order.

“Of course I’m considering it, but people need to go through the legal analysis here,” Abbott told a radio interviewer Tuesday. He explained that the issue of federal vaccine mandates is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court and if the court upholds them, a state law passed during a special session would be unable to overrule the court. If the court strikes down the mandates, he said, then his executive order is the law of the land and no special session is necessary.

When checking for information on the internet, keep several things in mind —
1). Watch the dates carefully, make sure that you are not reading ‘old news’.
2). Watch the source of News carefully. Houston, Dallas, Austin Media are very Left. The .Texas Tribune is Left
3). The Governor speaks to the Media often, issues updates regularly. Check out Texas.gov to make the information in the Leftist Media is accurate.

Texas Work Force Commission - December 8, 2021

Executive Order GA-40 is in effect and is explained in the Work Force letter.

Texans are not big on Mandates, our State has 254 Counties, with both County and City Goverments. The State gives the Counties a great amount of latitude as they are all different, with a variety of climates, lifestyles and population. They all have to exist under State Law. The Legislature meets for 140 days every other year.

Leftist Media in Texas (like the above i listed) think Robert Francis O’Rourke (D)has a good chance to become Governor. Beto would Mandate anything Leftist wants, he has admitted that, up to and including gun confiscation. He has zero chance of winning (he even knows that), but it gives him something to do and is a Dandy way to scoop up Millions of out of State Dollars.

If you move to Texas or Florida, just be careful about what County you choose - feel free to ask advice. Many good reasons to get out of New York, Mandates are just one of them.

Good Luck.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:41 PM

8,434 posts, read 4,619,225 times
Quote:
This right here. I would really love for one of these self-proclaimed “conservatives” come explain how a private enterprise exercising their right to keep a functioning and safe workplace is somehow political.

How would liberals feel if a company mandated no abortions for any of it's workers. You would have to present medical records proving you have never had one.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:54 PM

15,768 posts, read 7,751,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Probably not, extreme authoritarianism runs counter to the values of Texans. Those who wish for tyrannical totalitarianism should stick to the backwards states. The free states simply don't want any of that garbage.
Really? Abbott, Patrick, Paxton, et al are authoritarian. They want everyone to be just like them. If you can't be just like them, they do their best to make your life miserable.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:24 PM

4,211 posts, read 4,214,296 times
Quote:
Liberal is the only one making it political. Called people anti-vaxxer for anyone question your COVID religion.

Business owner can mandates mask and everyone who wish to enter the premise need to follow the rule set by the business owner.

Business owner can mandates a vaccine for new hire but like how it was done jab or job for current employee, I don’t think it’s holding up on court. And the employer better have really deep pockets if the employee ever got sick due to his/her mandate.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:35 PM

8,970 posts, read 2,585,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Really? Abbott, Patrick, Paxton, et al are authoritarian. They want everyone to be just like them. If you can't be just like them, they do their best to make your life miserable.
Give examples of their authoritarianism.... outside of maybe their abortion stance, typically our friends on the left wine about them not being authoritarian enough for their liking.

Old 12-26-2021, 10:17 PM

10,752 posts, read 7,243,841 times
You have to be an idiot or a sheep to get the vaccine now with what is being discovered.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:29 PM

8,206 posts, read 3,754,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I can only speak for Texas. The Florida Legislature went into a special session, passed a Law against Mandates & the Governor signed it. Both Texas & Floria have sued(and won) the Biden Administration to stop the Mandates. The US Supreme Court has agreed to settle the issue in a special session in January.

In Texas — Governor Abbott has chosen a different route. He issued an Executive order against Mandates. He set up a Hot Line to report any company requiring them.

Recent Interview on the question of Texas doing what Florida did with a Special Session and Law against Mandates:
In fact, when it comes to vaccine requirements, dozens of Republican state lawmakers believe he has not done enough to outlaw them and want him to call a special session to codify his executive order.

“Of course I’m considering it, but people need to go through the legal analysis here,” Abbott told a radio interviewer Tuesday. He explained that the issue of federal vaccine mandates is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court and if the court upholds them, a state law passed during a special session would be unable to overrule the court. If the court strikes down the mandates, he said, then his executive order is the law of the land and no special session is necessary.

When checking for information on the internet, keep several things in mind —
1). Watch the dates carefully, make sure that you are not reading ‘old news’.
2). Watch the source of News carefully. Houston, Dallas, Austin Media are very Left. The .Texas Tribune is Left
3). The Governor speaks to the Media often, issues updates regularly. Check out Texas.gov to make the information in the Leftist Media is accurate.

Texas Work Force Commission - December 8, 2021

Executive Order GA-40 is in effect and is explained in the Work Force letter.

Texans are not big on Mandates, our State has 254 Counties, with both County and City Goverments. The State gives the Counties a great amount of latitude as they are all different, with a variety of climates, lifestyles and population. They all have to exist under State Law. The Legislature meets for 140 days every other year.

Leftist Media in Texas (like the above i listed) think Robert Francis O’Rourke (D)has a good chance to become Governor. Beto would Mandate anything Leftist wants, he has admitted that, up to and including gun confiscation. He has zero chance of winning (he even knows that), but it gives him something to do and is a Dandy way to scoop up Millions of out of State Dollars.

If you move to Texas or Florida, just be careful about what County you choose - feel free to ask advice. Many good reasons to get out of New York, Mandates are just one of them.

Good Luck.
Blah, blah, blah. The executive order is a mandate.

Now, to the important stuff: When is the grid getting fixed? Also, when is the corporate welfare ending? I'm tired of my taxes going toward that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies