Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 09:38 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times

Advertisements

Evidently commentary is required with a link , so here it is.
This list of 6 is from the freedom Caucus, which for those that are unaware is the caucus of the actual Conservatives in the house while I don't necessarily agree with the importance or order of this list I do believe that it is good that they are giving an itemized list of issues to run on, much like the Contract with America in 94.

I do believe that the economy should and will be the #1 issue in 22 and 24.
I also believe election integrity must be hammered on as does most of the country.
Thirdly keep illustrating the extreme radicalism of the democrat party today and let them do the rest.
Republicans did very well in 2020 all things considered, they just need to build on that in 22.
Lastly and most importantly Republicans must learn to stop bringing a knife to a gunfight and understand they are not in a fair fight and they better act accordingly.
Hope this commentary is clear enough for those that struggle to click on a link and read...

https://justthenews.com/government/c...2022-elections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 09:41 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
The Winning issue for the GOP are Biden, Kamala, Pelosi and AOC bringing 1 stupid idea after another in Congress like a sweat shop in China rolling out cheap stuff. That should be enough for Republicans to take control of Congress next year.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:46 AM

10,080 posts, read 7,758,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The Winning issue for the GOP are Biden, Kamala, Pelosi and AOC bringing 1 stupid idea after another in Congress like a sweat shop in China. That should be enough for Republicans to take control of Congress next year.
You got it. Absolutely. Each day another stupid idea. We got this easily.

I could have sworn this same thread was started yesterday.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:50 AM

6,093 posts, read 3,334,624 times
Too many Republicans are feckless and weak. They are more concerned with their own wealth and constantly worried that someone on the left is going to say something bad about them, which would cause their wealth to decrease.

I’m only going to vote for Republicans who I feel actually care about their base. I’m no longer going to vote straight party ticket.

Don’t get me wrong, I will never vote for anyone with a D next to their name, but here is an example I’m talking about:

I’m a resident of Arizona, and McCain, Flake, and McSally are not/ were not good enough. They aren’t any better than Sinema or Kelly.

So if the Republicans continue to push trash candidates, I’m gonna vote for Deez Nutz.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:52 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,633 times
I think the Republican Party will be done for awhile and lost quite a few of their supporters when they kicked so many of their constituents to the curb during the pandemic. They will be hard pressed to ever get this voters back. And clearly not even the acting President agreed with their stand. The party is completely splintered and in need of a complete overhaul. Most of their current supporters appear delusional and really don't understand what people consider important. And threads like these simply reinforce that.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:53 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,454,943 times
GOP slogan for the next election should be

Cut the C.R.A.P. (Critical Race Applied Principles)

Old 07-06-2021, 09:54 AM

8,940 posts, read 2,962,691 times
1. We're the party that actually likes America
2. We're the party that actually likes police and law enforcement
3. We're the party that doesn't want to teach our kids that they are doomed if black and oppressors if white
4. We're the party that actually believes in the 2nd amendment of our constitution
5. We're the party that actually believes the "Summer of Love" was sort of a bad thing

Old 07-06-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Too many Republicans are feckless and weak. They are more concerned with their own wealth and constantly worried that someone on the left is going to say something bad about them, which would cause their wealth to decrease.

I’m only going to vote for Republicans who I feel actually care about their base. I’m no longer going to vote straight party ticket.

Don’t get me wrong, I will never vote for anyone with a D next to their name, but here is an example I’m talking about:

I’m a resident of Arizona, and McCain, Flake, and McSally are not/ were not good enough. They aren’t any better than Sinema or Kelly.

So if the Republicans continue to push trash candidates, I’m gonna vote for Deez Nutz.
You nailed it , when they start replacing the Liz Cheneys and Mitt Romneys with actual Conservatives that substantially differentiate themselves from the democrats.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:56 AM

238 posts, read 99,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I think the Republican Party will be done for awhile and lost quite a few of their supporters when they kicked so many of their constituents to the curb during the pandemic. They will be hard pressed to ever get this voters back. And clearly not even the acting President agreed with their stand. The party is completely splintered and in need of a complete overhaul. Most of their current supporters appear delusional and really don't understand what people consider important. And threads like these simply reinforce that.
Come visit Florida. You can see how "delusional" it is to support a brilliant man... and I'm not talking about Trump... the man I'm talking about is named Ron DeSantis.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
What are you talking about?!?
You understand that the republicans did very well across the board in 2020 all things considered right?
You dont believe that most people think the economy is important ? Or are you one that believes a Presidents tweets and how he effects your feelings is of the utmost importance?
Talk about delusional!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies