Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 12:25 PM

13,857 posts, read 4,496,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
The best post in the thread. ^^

+1

Bravo SanJuanStar! Well said!

I said back in 2017 and 2018 when my business was booming that the only way Trump loses was due to economic collapse. Of course I wasn't talking about one caused by the china bomb and blue state lockdowns.

all elections are based on ECONOMY and UNEMPLOYMENT %. All Incumbents Presidents are re-elected or thrown out based on the Economy. When the economy goes from 3.5% unemployment to 15% in an election year so fast, the majority of the unemployed will go with the challenger. It happened to Carter and HW Bush. The funny thing is those 2 incumbent Presidents lost 14 million votes combine from their election wins 4 yrs previously. Trump added 10 million voters, a first for any President losing re-election.

It had nothing to do with what Biden was offering, he lost 2 Democrat primaries by landslides so even Democrats knew he sucked and is not bringing reforms in Washington since he has been part of the establishment since 1973.

This last election 3 states decided the Presidency. PA, WI and GA that were decided by less than 0.5% of all votes. Add AZ that was decided by 0.3% but Trump didn't need AZ to win. Does anybody think with a straight face that Trump loses those states if unemployment was less than 5% instead of 15%? That's worth min. 3% for Trump and that's low balling it.

In a normal year, Trump wins. During a pandemic that raised unemployment to 15% that quick and that long that is unheard of for any country especially the U.S. that has NEVER seen unemployment that high since they began recording it in 1946.

LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, W Bush or Obama doesn't win re-elections at 15% unemployment especially going up that fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 03:42 PM

3,005 posts, read 1,515,122 times
Issues vary by state and district. Yammering on about something happening in other states may be ignored as hot air.

Old 07-06-2021, 03:55 PM

1,073 posts, read 629,853 times
Move away from Trump. that **could** lure me to believe conservatives are getting away from the conspiracy theories, and perhaps I would consider voting for them. Stick to truth, data and facts... not bull ****.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:09 PM

10,462 posts, read 8,036,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They are wrong, they keep repeating the left talking points because they don't want him to run in 2024. They threw the kitchen sink at him and they are out of bullets that's why they are afraid of him.

He added 10 million votes to the party. NO President that "lost" re-election expanded his base by 1 vote. Even Obama when he won re-election in 2012, lost 4 million voters from his base. No President that won re-election lost 1 vote from his base (they added) except Obama.

Reminds of a football team that throws everything at their opponent and win by 1 point and are afraid to play the rematch because they threw everything and they are out of bullets. What are they going to do, impeached him the 3rd time?

They threw the Russian Hoax, 24/7 bias media, impeachment twice, closing down the economy in an election year and ban him from social media and still Democrats can't stop thinking about him and are afraid of him running in 2024.

It's like the NFL. It's the wild card team teams wants to avoid.

Do you think Trump can win in 2024? I'm so sick of hearing the dems spew their hate at him but it's because they know he will win. I do too. Desantis would be good too but I think Trump deserves it with all the Dems put him through. Trump still prevailed. We need to support him for all he did for us. I think a lot of people like him and he could easily win. What do you think? Should Trump run or you think Desantis has a better chance?

I feel Trump will run. He said on his social media page that he will made an announcement about 2024 sometime this week.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-06-2021 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 04:17 PM

26,605 posts, read 13,434,153 times
Quote:
There will always be a Republican party while Democrats exist and come with one stupid idea after another.

Trump added 10 million votes to the GOP last year. That’s with throwing the kitchen sink at him from Russia hoax, impeachment and closing down the economy during an election and still the GOP controls 27 Governorships to 23. They fully control 23 states to 15. They gained 14 seats in Congress last year and are favorite to win Congress next year and control the Supreme Court 6-3.

That’s all thanks to Democrats and their ideas. Thanks for the laugh. The Red wave is coming. Buckle up.
Post of the week ^^^ I'd like to add...have you ever seen the map of the USA with all the counties colored Red, or Blue to reflect whether they voted for Trump of Biden? They did it for Clinton-Trump election too.

Those maps say it all to me. The Dems control big cities that are crapholes, & the Pubs control the rest.

So long as the Pubs control the best places, I'm happy. I don't care who controls Detroit, Compton, East St. Louis, West Atlanta, Baltimore, DC, Phiily, LA, San Fran, Newark, Cleveland, ect... They are lost causes. Let those Dem voters live in squalor. They are unsaveable...not worth my time. My only concern is trying to figure out how to get their kids a decent education.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:58 PM

4,591 posts, read 4,135,116 times
Republicans will do well because Manchin and Sinema are idiots. After 10 years of Mitch McConnell obstruction, they refuse to learn. So instead of getting some actual meaningful work done to make average people’s lives better, they are going to hope for bipartisanship and let conservatives filibuster everything.

Manchin and Sinema are the best Republicans out there…

Old 07-06-2021, 05:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 21,325,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Do you think Trump can win in 2024? I'm so sick of hearing the dems spew their hate at him but it's because they know he will win. I do too. Desantis would be good too but I think Trump deserves it with all the Dems put him through. Trump still prevailed. We need to support him for all he did for us. I think a lot of people like him and he could easily win. What do you think? Should Trump run or you think Desantis has a better chance?

I feel Trump will run. He said on his social media page that he will made an announcement about 2024 sometime this week.
How about what the American people deserve. This bootlicking is just gross!

Old 07-06-2021, 05:29 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,652,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I think the Republican Party will be done for awhile and lost quite a few of their supporters when they kicked so many of their constituents to the curb during the pandemic. They will be hard pressed to ever get this voters back. And clearly not even the acting President agreed with their stand. The party is completely splintered and in need of a complete overhaul. Most of their current supporters appear delusional and really don't understand what people consider important. And threads like these simply reinforce that.
Even the great Obama could not create or energize his subjects, to come out and vote (midterms), during his popular reign.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:43 PM

10,462 posts, read 8,036,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
How about what the American people deserve. This bootlicking is just gross!
They deserve a big F You and Trump winning would surely do that. He's the best man to whip this country back in shape. Get used to it.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:46 PM

2,335 posts, read 824,899 times
Quote:
I want to get in your debate. I want to win! (what, I don't know)

Obama lost the house, Senate and the majority of the states in higher numbers than Bill Clinton and he lost bad. It's call a CYCLE! Americans doesn't trust a 1 party system for more than 2 years. Just comeback next year when the Red Wave takes Congress and puts out Pelosi out of the speaker for the second time.

Republicans don't care winning the popular vote because it's meaningless and the difference comes from 1 state California. Republicans know how to play the game. That's why they have a 6-3 advantage in the S.C. when they lost 7 out of the last 8 popular votes (meaningless) it's like playing American football with Rugby rules. You liberals are playing the wrong game.

Democrats did went from 63 to 74 million but they had to closed the economy that raised unemployment by 15%. That's the highest number since they began recording it in 1946. People that lose their jobs are normally voting for the challenger. It had nothing to do in what Biden was offering which was nothing, he lost 2 Democrat primaries by landslides before so even for Democrats they know he sucks.

Trump lost re-election by 3 states being decided by less than 0.5% of the total votes (PA, WI, GA) you can add AZ but Trump didn't need AZ. You think if unemployment was @ 3.5% that was before the pandemic that was raised at 15% in an election year, Trump loses those 3 states that Biden won by a hair? You don't think a 10% swing in unemployment isn't worth min 3% for Trump?

Let me ask you a honest question, could Reagan, Clinton, W Bush or Obama would have won re-election with unemployment at 15% at no fault of their own? You know the answer.
Let me ask you an honest question...do you or the poster I responded to actually know how to stay on point in a conversation? I swear, I've never seen so many people that dodge and deflect comments. I told the other poster and I'll say the same to you. The "look squirrel" hogwash is simply not going to work. When you can actually refute anything I said, feel free to get back to me. In the meantime, deflecting and putting blinders on regarding what was said ain't gonna cut it...sorry. It's a good idea not to quote someone unless you are going to address what they said.

P.S. Hopefully your echo chamber can keep cheering you on so you actually can believe you've made some type of point (hint: you haven't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies