Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 06:32 PM

9,266 posts, read 13,424,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Evidently commentary is required with a link , so here it is.
This list of 6 is from the freedom Caucus, which for those that are unaware is the caucus of the actual Conservatives in the house while I don't necessarily agree with the importance or order of this list I do believe that it is good that they are giving an itemized list of issues to run on, much like the Contract with America in 94.

I do believe that the economy should and will be the #1 issue in 22 and 24.
I also believe election integrity must be hammered on as does most of the country.
Thirdly keep illustrating the extreme radicalism of the democrat party today and let them do the rest.
Republicans did very well in 2020 all things considered, they just need to build on that in 22.
Lastly and most importantly Republicans must learn to stop bringing a knife to a gunfight and understand they are not in a fair fight and they better act accordingly.
Hope this commentary is clear enough for those that struggle to click on a link and read...

https://justthenews.com/government/c...2022-elections
I agree, but there is ALOT more then that for the Republicans to run on already. How about this for starters:

--- 2 million plus a year illegals putting pressure on the low income job market, housing, crime, medical and schools
--- With the economy reopening, Democrats are trying to buy votes by keeping extended unemployment far longer then is necessary
--- Democrats are continuing to borrow trillions ignoring the effect on inflation
--- the Democrats attempt to borrow trillions - Bernie suggests SIX TRILLION dollars - to finance an infrastructure package, most of which will not go to any actual infrastructure at all
--- Defund the police
--- "Bail reform" crime wave in places like New York
--- increasing crime across the board, much of it due to attacks on police
--- Critical Race Theory being taught against parents wishes
--- increasing Anti White and Asian racism
--- increasing anti-Semitism in the Democratic party
--- racist Karen meme - but only against white women
--- attempts to abolish zoning in suburbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 05:34 AM

34,359 posts, read 17,540,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
1. We're the party that actually likes America
2. We're the party that actually likes police and law enforcement
3. We're the party that doesn't want to teach our kids that they are doomed if black and oppressors if white
4. We're the party that actually believes in the 2nd amendment of our constitution
5. We're the party that actually believes the "Summer of Love" was sort of a bad thing

2022 and 2024 will be like 1968; elections about crime (random) and the economy.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:16 AM

9,929 posts, read 10,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Let me ask you an honest question...do you or the poster I responded to actually know how to stay on point in a conversation? I swear, I've never seen so many people that dodge and deflect comments. I told the other poster and I'll say the same to you. The "look squirrel" hogwash is simply not going to work. When you can actually refute anything I said, feel free to get back to me. In the meantime, deflecting and putting blinders on regarding what was said ain't gonna cut it...sorry. It's a good idea not to quote someone unless you are going to address what they said.

P.S. Hopefully your echo chamber can keep cheering you on so you actually can believe you've made some type of point (hint: you haven't).
The only dodging and deflecting has been coming from you. All of your posts have been responded to directly. Your mastery of the art of projection is impressive. When you have been presented with facts that defeat your argument ... accuse the other person of exactly what you are doing. Your very first post was nonsensical and when asked for clarification they just got worse but please keep going it is entertaining.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:32 AM

12,715 posts, read 7,911,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

2022 and 2024 will be like 1968; elections about crime (random) and the economy.
1968 was a backlash against the Civil Rights movement and the views of the hippies.

2016 was that election. It was a backlash against the LGBTQ rights movement and the progressive, "wokeness" of the Millennial generation. The difference between 1968 and 2016 is that George Wallace (Donald Trump) actually won.

We are now in uncharted territory headed towards a second civil war and this can't be compared to any previous election.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:42 AM

2,335 posts, read 827,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The only dodging and deflecting has been coming from you. All of your posts have been responded to directly. Your mastery of the art of projection is impressive. When you have been presented with facts that defeat your argument ... accuse the other person of exactly what you are doing. Your very first post was nonsensical and when asked for clarification they just got worse but please keep going it is entertaining.

When you can show all the non-facts you claim I made, get back to me. In the meantime, I'm not going to waste my time listening to your "hey squirrel" routine. Again, this is what happens when you have to rely on links and can't particulate your own thoughts.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:46 AM

16,959 posts, read 10,718,579 times
There will be no winning issues for Republicans or independents until the elections are secure with voter ID, paper trails, and 100 percent transparent auditing.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-07-2021, 08:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,994,440 times
The GOP has nothing. They increased spending under trump like drunken sailors at port.
President Trump's Impact on the National Debt

Integrity? The GOP supports, trump, a man who incites violence and lies whenever his pie hole moves.

Violence? Violence increased under trump and most is from firearms. (gun control?)
2020 Ends as One of America's Most Violent Years in Decades
Quote:
Gun violence and gun crime has, in particular, risen drastically, with over 19,000 people killed in shootings and firearm-related incidents in 2020. That’s the highest death toll in over 20 years, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA).

Old 07-07-2021, 08:55 AM

63,917 posts, read 47,087,397 times
Most recent presidents have enjoyed a Congress majority of their party for a part of their term and then lose the so called advantage. There is so much division within both parties and vocal outliers, not sure it makes the difference as it once did.

Inflation
FRB continues to see it as a temporary situation.
Federal Government has no control over price at the pump and Keystone has zero to do with it.
Nonetheless, no shortage of people tend to prefer to blame a POTUS for everything.

Public School Indoctrination
Public schools are run by locally elected school boards. There are nearly 14,000 school districts in the US.

Border Crisis
Go for it.
Easy enough to whine about it. Very different thing to do something about it.
In 4 years, only 140 miles of new wall was built. Of that 100 miles replaced walls and barriers erected in the latter half of the 2000’s. Only 40 miles was incremental new wall.

Election Integrity
Reasonable people do not believe the Big Lie. This includes Trump’s AG.

Crime
Crime is a local matter.
There are 89,004 local governments in 3,006 counties in 50 states, plus DC.
Guess the Federal Government could block grant states to help fund new prisons for violent criminals in exchange for increased consequences.

At the end of the day, crime is a personal decision.

Weakness
Let’s start some new wars in the ME.

It’s a rare person residing in the US who is willing to pay substantially more for goods produced in the US and no country is interested in paying more for US exports when comparable products can be acquired elsewhere for less.

The US predominately exports aircraft, soybeans, cars/ trucks and microchips to China. The challenged created by Boeing was a windfall for other producers. Brazil was thrilled to sell soybeans to China when the US would not and paid growers for their losses. Like the US , China prefers autos/ trucks to be manufactured/ assembled in country.

Intel continues to be the world’s largest producer of microchips.

Biden won for one reason. He was not Trump.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:02 AM

11,982 posts, read 5,367,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

The electorate of 2024 and beyond is going to be vastly different than 1968. Playing the greatest hits of 50 years ago and expecting the same results is a reach, although you won’t have a George Wallace splitting the conservative vote.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-07-2021 at 10:26 AM..

Old 07-07-2021, 10:46 AM

9,929 posts, read 10,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most recent presidents have enjoyed a Congress majority of their party for a part of their term and then lose the so called advantage. There is so much division within both parties and vocal outliers, not sure it makes the difference as it once did.

Inflation
Federal Government has no control over price at the pump and Keystone has zero to do with it.
Nonetheless, no shortage of people tend to prefer to blame a POTUS for everything.

Public schools are run by locally elected school boards. There are nearly 14,000 school districts in the US.

Border Crisis
Go for it.
In 4 years, only 140 miles of new wall was built. Of that 100 miles replaced walls and barriers erected in the latter half of the 2000’s. Only 40 miles was incremental new wall.

Election Integrity

Crime
Crime is a local matter.
Guess the Federal Government could block grant states to help fund new prisons for violent criminals in exchange for increased consequences.

At the end of the day, crime is a personal decision.

Weakness
Let’s start some new wars in the ME.

It’s a rare person residing in the US who is willing to pay substantially more for goods produced in the US and no country is interested in paying more for US exports when comparable products can be acquired elsewhere for less.

The US predominately exports aircraft, soybeans, cars/ trucks and microchips to China. The challenged created by Boeing was a windfall for other producers. Brazil was thrilled to sell soybeans to China when the US would not and paid growers for their losses. Like the US , China prefers autos/ trucks to be manufactured/ assembled in country.

Intel continues to be the world’s largest producer of microchips.

Biden won for one reason. He was not Trump.
Inflation

Haha Tell that to Jimmy Carter. Federal policy absolutely can effect the price at the pump, a difference of being energy independent vs dependent on foreign oil.

Ever heard of the NEA ? Teachers unions There is a reason Betsy Devos was so hated and feared.

Border Crisis
Go for it.
More nonsense. Come down to the border and surrounding towns and try to tell them that. Trumps policy's were having a very real effect.

Election Integrity
According to polling that would be a minority.

Crime
Crime is a local matter.
Yep and the right should continue to highlight the leadership in those high crime cities and counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies