Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 10:38 AM

2,335 posts, read 824,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No I just not interested in wasting my time with someone that is void of facts but wants to argue.
The GOP did very well across the board in 2020 , especially when you look at historical context for a midterm election. Even the Democrat leadership acknowledge this, its not even debatable. Maybe if you weren't so triggered by alternative news sources you might expand your knowledge and be able to have a intelligent conversation.
https://www.newstatesman.com/world/2...onal-elections
But of course, right to the personal attack when you can't refute what's been said (and then back to a link when you can't articulate a thought in your own words).

So last I checked, the Republicans losing the Presidency, the House, and the Senate in a record breaking four years is indeed a fact. If you don't believe that to be the case, please validate why (which we both know you won't be able to).

Did the Republicans win the popular vote in the last Presidential election? That would also be a "no".

You make a big deal out of the Republicans gaining 10 million extra votes from the previous election. A completely disingenuous comment. One would suspect that both sides had additional votes in an election with the highest voter turnout in the last 120 years. As it is, the Republicans did indeed increase those votes by going from just under 63 million to 74 million. What you conveniently leave out is the Democrats went from just under 66 million to 81 million. In other words, your point is lame.

This is what happens when people rely on op-eds rather than using their own critical thinking skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 10:43 AM

9,922 posts, read 10,885,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I don’t care about identity politics and I’m not White but keep thinking We will become a 1 party Democrat nation. We are not and will never be.

You know in the last election with with all the economy shut down that favorite the challenger, Democrats only won 25 stages (split) and their number difference came from 1 state California. They lost 14 seats in Congress. Only have 23 governors compare to 27 Republicans and only control 15 fully states compared to 23 Republicans and are about to lose Congress next year and are a minority in the Supreme Court 3-6. So much for they identity politics. You libs are playing the wrong game.
I don't either ... I point that out for those that think Trump hurt the party and it needs to go back to what it was before. No matter what you think of Trump.... The fact is he expanded the party beyond what any other Republican's President since Dwight D Eisenhower has done . Remember they all liked to talk about the big tent but Trump actually did it.
We are in agreement.... the 2020 election went very well for Republicans.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:44 AM

13,857 posts, read 4,493,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No. 1 losing issue for Republicans in 2022: Loyalty to the twice-impeached one-term loser Donald Trump.

Coming from people lecturing others when they voted for Biden who lost TWICE the Democrat primary by a lot. Democrats threw the kitchen sink at Trump from Russian hoax, impeachment twice, closing the economy so he lose and banning him from social media and they still have TDS and are afraid of him running in 2024 that they can't stop talking about him. Democrats are cracking!

Old 07-06-2021, 10:47 AM

238 posts, read 100,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No. 1 losing issue for Republicans in 2022: Loyalty to the twice-impeached one-term loser Donald Trump.
Hey Elliott... please... stay in CA with the rest of your kind.

Would rather your kind not infect the red states so again... please don't ever leave CA.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
But of course, right to the personal attack when you can't refute what's been said (and then back to a link when you can't articulate a thought in your own words).

So last I checked, the Republicans losing the Presidency, the House, and the Senate in a record breaking four years is indeed a fact. If you don't believe that to be the case, please validate why (which we both know you won't be able to).

Really ? Are you sure about that? Who was the speaker of the house before the election? How did Republicans lose the house when they did not actually control it ? What were The margins before the election compared to after? So who gained seats in the election? When was the last time the Senate was evenly split ? In a year that Republicans were supposed to lose both by huge numbers.
Again all things considered Republicans did very well across the board, hardly grounds for your silly claim that they are finished for awhile.
Heres another link , educate yourself... https://www.thoughtco.com/historical...esults-4087704

Old 07-06-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I don't either ... I point that out for those that think Trump hurt the party and it needs to go back to what it was before. No matter what you think of Trump.... The fact is he expanded the party beyond what any other Republican's President since Dwight D Eisenhower has done . Remember they all liked to talk about the big tent but Trump actually did it.
We are in agreement.... the 2020 election went very well for Republicans.

They are wrong, they keep repeating the left talking points because they don't want him to run in 2024. They threw the kitchen sink at him and they are out of bullets that's why they are afraid of him.

He added 10 million votes to the party. NO President that "lost" re-election expanded his base by 1 vote. Even Obama when he won re-election in 2012, lost 4 million voters from his base. No President that won re-election lost 1 vote from his base (they added) except Obama.

Reminds of a football team that throws everything at their opponent and win by 1 point and are afraid to play the rematch because they threw everything and they are out of bullets. What are they going to do, impeached him the 3rd time?

They threw the Russian Hoax, 24/7 bias media, impeachment twice, closing down the economy in an election year and ban him from social media and still Democrats can't stop thinking about him and are afraid of him running in 2024.

It's like the NFL. It's the wild card team teams wants to avoid.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:10 AM

2,335 posts, read 824,617 times
Quote:
Really ? Are you sure about that? Who was the speaker of the house before the election? How did Republicans lose the house when they did not actually control it ? What were The margins before the election compared to after? So who gained seats in the election? When was the last time the Senate was evenly split ? In a year that Republicans were supposed to lose both by huge numbers.
Again all things considered Republicans did very well across the board, hardly grounds for your silly claim that they are finished for awhile.
Heres another link , educate yourself... https://www.thoughtco.com/historical...esults-4087704
Boy are you lost. Yep, Paul Ryan was indeed the Speaker of the House in 2016 when Trump took over.

The Republicans lost the House during his tenure.

And the Republican lost ground on a percentage basis from 2016 to 2020 on the Presidential election (it's pretty basic math).

So yes, in a manner of four short years the Republicans did indeed lose the Presidency, the House, and the Senate. And no amount of revisionist history you try to conjure up is going to change that.

The other fact was Trump was indeed against the Republican leadership in regards to supplemental unemployment when he redirected funds from FEMA to keep it going. He also was against them when he said their stimulus package was not enough and wanted it increased.

The "look squirrel" tactic ain't gonna work. You really should learn how to put things in your own words and actually try to have a conversation rather than relying on links that don't address what's being said.

I'm done with you now. You've lost the debate.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post

Did the Republicans win the popular vote in the last Presidential election? That would also be a "no".

You make a big deal out of the Republicans gaining 10 million extra votes from the previous election. A completely disingenuous comment. One would suspect that both sides had additional votes in an election with the highest voter turnout in the last 120 years. As it is, the Republicans did indeed increase those votes by going from just under 63 million to 74 million. What you conveniently leave out is the Democrats went from just under 66 million to 81 million. In other words, your point is lame.

This is what happens when people rely on op-eds rather than using their own critical thinking skills.
I want to get in your debate. I want to win! (what, I don't know)

Obama lost the house, Senate and the majority of the states in higher numbers than Bill Clinton and he lost bad. It's call a CYCLE! Americans doesn't trust a 1 party system for more than 2 years. Just comeback next year when the Red Wave takes Congress and puts out Pelosi out of the speaker for the second time.

Republicans don't care winning the popular vote because it's meaningless and the difference comes from 1 state California. Republicans know how to play the game. That's why they have a 6-3 advantage in the S.C. when they lost 7 out of the last 8 popular votes (meaningless) it's like playing American football with Rugby rules. You liberals are playing the wrong game.

Democrats did went from 63 to 74 million but they had to closed the economy that raised unemployment by 15%. That's the highest number since they began recording it in 1946. People that lose their jobs are normally voting for the challenger. It had nothing to do in what Biden was offering which was nothing, he lost 2 Democrat primaries by landslides before so even for Democrats they know he sucks.

Trump lost re-election by 3 states being decided by less than 0.5% of the total votes (PA, WI, GA) you can add AZ but Trump didn't need AZ. You think if unemployment was @ 3.5% that was before the pandemic that was raised at 15% in an election year, Trump loses those 3 states that Biden won by a hair? You don't think a 10% swing in unemployment isn't worth min 3% for Trump?

Let me ask you a honest question, could Reagan, Clinton, W Bush or Obama would have won re-election with unemployment at 15% at no fault of their own? You know the answer.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:46 AM

238 posts, read 100,483 times
The best post in the thread. ^^

+1

Bravo SanJuanStar! Well said!

I said back in 2017 and 2018 when my business was booming that the only way Trump loses was due to economic collapse. Of course I wasn't talking about one caused by the china bomb and blue state lockdowns.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:59 AM

Again all things considered , democrats threw 2 impeachments and the kung flu at Trump with an obliging media . The notion that Trump hurts the party is nonsense.
House, Senate Total

1980 Ronald Reagan R -26 +1 -25
1986 Ronald Reagan R -5 -8 -13
1990 George Bush R -8 -1 -9
1994 William Clinton D -52 -8 -60
1998 William Clinton D +5 0 +5
2002 George W. Bush R +8 +2 +10
2006 George W. Bush R -30 -6 -36
2010 Barack Obama D -63 -6 -69
2014 Barack Obama D -13 -9 -21
2018 Donald Trump R -41 +2 -39

2022will be about the economy and those issues Trump highlighted and worked in 2020 for congressional candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies