Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 05:48 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,650,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Just wanted to point out the error in your post. She was somewhere she shouldn't have been, doing something she shouldn't have done.

I would suggest that people not forcibly break into buildings and assume they won't get shot.
She had done no such thing. Nor was she armed or any sort of imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to the Capitol cop who shot her. And You bolded my so called error and twisted it totally out of the context in which it was written. Respond to posts you quote in whole part or no part at all. I loathe cherry picking. And the post I was responding to with my post you quoted. Do you also fee this murder of an unarmed woman to be deserving of our nations highest military honor?

Awarded often posthumously to only the bravest most selfless valorous soldiers who often sacrifice themselves in the face of the enemy and overwhelming odds so that their fellow soldiers may live. Men like Alvin York and Audie Murphy. Robert Dale Maxwell Kyle Carpenter and so many others many of whom were not present when the honor was bestowed on them.

No comment aye? Instead you cherry pick one sentence twist it out of context and proceed to demean a woman who's life was taken for NO GOOD REASON. Other than to make an example of her, which you have affirmed with your post quoted here. Nice try. But that dog won't hunt.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:00 PM

2,356 posts, read 1,155,337 times
It's both sad and telling to hear these comments taking pleasure in her death. I don't mind so much the attempt at justifying it, but you sickos are glad she's dead.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,912,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well at least you didn't say "Congressional" Medal of Honor. l truly despise that erroneous pronunciation. But at the same time you cheapened our nations highest military award for conspicuous valor and bravery above and beyond the call of duty in the face of the enemy and ignoring all danger to self for the benefit of ones comrades in arms. How praytell does THAT apply here? Since this Capitol cop is not a soldier nor was he acting in service to the nation in war. This above quoted post is sickening to me.

You do realize that the greatest percentage of this award given out are awarded posthumously? Apparently not so don't bother answering that. He does NOT warrant an award for valor in the face of the enemy but were he actually a soldier a general courts martial would be in order. Cops are NOT soldiers at war. Though a great many cops do refer to we citizens as "civilians" they are no more than that themselves. The badge and uniform does not make them soldiers of the United States nor do they elevate LEOs over and above we citizens.

I truly cannot fathom how anyone could say what is quoted here. Ashley Babbitt may not have shared your personal political beliefs but does that warrant a death sentence to you?. She had done nothing wrong. She was in the wrong place at the right time it seems though. To be made an example of. Which is exactly the thing you are implying with your MOH quip. She had it coming. Her murderer is a hero to your eyes. So tell me, are we at war? You and I? I categorically do not share your political ideology just like Ashley Babbitt.So does that mean open and violent hostilities are in order? Do you believe that Police, Sheriff Deputies and US soldiers represent you on this field?

Yes, I'm being all manner of snarky. Sheesh. Award this cop an MOH. Yeah, whatever. What should we expect next I wonders.....
She did nothing wrong? Just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Maybe breaking and entering is doing nothing wrong by your standards. Most decent people disagree.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I can't fathom how anyone could state she did nothing wrong.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:07 PM

45,642 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Because they don't want him harassed by people like you.

Trumpies support cops only when they kill black people.
Why would they worry about being harassed?

People like me... what does that mean?

Old 07-05-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why would they worry about being harassed?

People like me... what does that mean?
Trumpies, some, you may not be one of those, have shown a propensity to violence.

I'm not generally in favor of identifying people who could face harassment, or worse, for just doing their job.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:12 PM

3,282 posts, read 1,761,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingWolf View Post
For shooting a clearly unarmed woman?
This isn't the first time, let's not forget Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge - with a baby in her arms no less, Allison Beth Krause, and Sandra Lee Scheuer decades earlier at Kent State. Google it if you don't know.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:12 PM

45,642 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Trumpies, some, you may not be one of those, have shown a propensity to violence.
Oh - you mean like rabid liberals - many who have shown a propensity to violence.

Should we compare violence from the left and violence from the right?

Old 07-05-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Oh - you mean like rabid liberals - many who have shown a propensity to violence.

Should we compare violence from the left and violence from the right?
I wouldn't want a cop who justifiably killed a liberal identified either. I'm not you. I have principles beyond party.

Now go lay alms on Babbitt's grave. On the altar of stupidity.
Let me repeat, try reading it.

I'm not generally in favor of cops who justifiably kill people while doing their job be identified.

Yes, this would actually apply more frequently to protect cops who justifiably kill a black man. A good shoot is a good shoot.

Last edited by whogo; 07-05-2021 at 06:25 PM..

Old 07-05-2021, 06:24 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Killing unarmed protesters is now cool with the left. Noted...
Not now. It always was.

Violence is a means to their twisted end.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:27 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
His life & the lives he was protecting in the capitol were in danger. He made a good shot, he should be recognized for his bravery.
Typical leftist insane thinking.

An unarmed woman who was not in physical contact with the police is a danger, but an armed career violent thugs who had committed many crimes and is physically fighting with the police is an innocent hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies