Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 01:03 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,042,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
''anyone who believes that the group of protesters were carrying a rope that was anything more than an effigy, anyone who believes that these unarmed people were actually going to "take over" the capitol, is truly an utter moron.''

If they would of got their hands on Pence or Nancy Pelosi, they would torn them to pieces. Especially Pence. Who didnt do like they wanted, and give the presidency back to Trump. Which everyone but you knows, he couldnt have done.
Legislators from various States we're at the Senate hearing at the Capitol on Jan 6, presenting evidence of election fraud to the Senate. Pence could have chosen to give the legislators time to review the election fraud and possibly decertify the fraudulent votes and certify valid votes.

The "riot" was carefully time to interrupt this Senate hearing.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:06 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I find it interesting that the same people who want weapons to defend themselves and others, are the same people attacking the Capitol Police for doing their jobs. Once people broke into the Capitol, they were subject to being shot. In her case, she was leading a group that was attempting a second breakin. Why did the insurrectionists think the Capitol Police would not shoot to defend the Capitol and members of Congress?
It was an inappropriate use of lethal force, and you know it.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:08 PM

19,838 posts, read 9,407,961 times
I think the same rules should apply no matter what the affiliations of the victims or perpetrators are.

If the media/government are going to publicize the names of police officers who killed (alleged) black supremacists, then they should publicize the names of those who killed (alleged) white supremacists. Don't have separate rules depending on skin color or which side of the political spectrum they represent.

P.S. On Edit: I just looked it up, and his identity has been known since April -- so why is this just now being posted on City-Data? (Or was it posted before and many people, including myself, just overlooked it?)

Last edited by katharsis; 07-05-2021 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-05-2021, 01:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,747,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sounds like you’re partisan. Shrug.
I have my leanings certainly, but it's quite interesting that you refused to answer the question.

Lt. Michael Byrd guns down an unarmed woman who posed no immediate threat to his or anyone else's safety. You think he deserves a Medal of Honor.

Kyle Rittenhouse shows up to the town he works in, a short drive from home, agreeing to volunteer to defend Kenosha, WI. The police had quite blatantly refused to defend the town from the rioters, abandoning the townspeople to their own devices, and forcing them to figure out a defense on their own. Three times he is violently attacked and threatened by violent rioters, two of which brandished guns, one of which fired said gun. He kills two of those rioters, and injures one, all in self-defense.

You've already made your case for Michael Byrd. "Give this man a medal of honor for his bravery!!" You haven't weighed in on how Rittenhouse should be commended for similarly showing such bravery and courage in the face a violent hostile mob. Fair enough to say that Kyle Rittenhouse deserves to be congratulated for his bravery in the face of danger and for killing members of an insurrectionist mob ... correct?? Or do you disagree for some unfathomable reason??

Old 07-05-2021, 01:12 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonMoniker View Post
Floyed wanted to get away from cops.

Babbit wanted to close in on them.
Unarmed

Old 07-05-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Wait a minute, is Blue Team celebrating violence against women
They don’t care about women, unless they believe exactly like they do, or until a transgender demands to play on a women’s team.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonMoniker View Post
So much commotion facing a rabid mob threatening to hang the vp. Someone was bound to get hurt/killed.
As someone posted a armed officer was right behind her and didn’t shoot anyone.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,577,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's a horrific thing to say. I'll even go so far as to say it's evil. Welcome to ignore.
Oh please spare me the theatrics when I can pull up any of a number of your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
As someone posted a armed officer was right behind her and didn’t shoot anyone.
Probably because they were trumpies supporters & welcomed the insurrection. They should be jailed for condoning it.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:29 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Cool, lets get him that Medal of Honor that he deserves.
That was probably the most cowardly act I’ve ever seen.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Oh please spare me the theatrics when I can pull up any of a number of your posts.

Probably because they were trumpies supporters & welcomed the insurrection. They should be jailed for condoning it.
So Biden supporters can shoot unarmed women? Looks like Biden supporters are the true blood thirsty killers, Byrd is no different from the officer who killed Floyd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies