Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 02:37 PM

26,572 posts, read 19,450,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
His life & the lives he was protecting in the capitol were in danger. He made a good shot, he should be recognized for his bravery.
Oh hell yeah. You never know when you might get gored by plastic buffalo horns.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:45 PM

26,572 posts, read 19,450,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's how they think. How does one reason with such a person?
One doesn't. It is impossible to reason with the insane.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:23 PM

46,142 posts, read 27,827,529 times
If what Babbit did was so horrible, then Byrd should be lifted up as a hero (like the cops that shot down Hodgkinson at the GOP baseball warmups). But for some reason, they are hiding him.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:26 PM

27,570 posts, read 15,636,667 times
Quote:
Cool, lets get him that Medal of Honor that he deserves.
So you are one of those "life has no meaning" left leaners then.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:38 PM

18,014 posts, read 15,764,358 times
Quote:
Cool, lets get him that Medal of Honor that he deserves.

Well at least you didn't say "Congressional" Medal of Honor. l truly despise that erroneous pronunciation. But at the same time you cheapened our nations highest military award for conspicuous valor and bravery above and beyond the call of duty in the face of the enemy and ignoring all danger to self for the benefit of ones comrades in arms. How praytell does THAT apply here? Since this Capitol cop is not a soldier nor was he acting in service to the nation in war. This above quoted post is sickening to me.

You do realize that the greatest percentage of this award given out are awarded posthumously? Apparently not so don't bother answering that. He does NOT warrant an award for valor in the face of the enemy but were he actually a soldier a general courts martial would be in order. Cops are NOT soldiers at war. Though a great many cops do refer to we citizens as "civilians" they are no more than that themselves. The badge and uniform does not make them soldiers of the United States nor do they elevate LEOs over and above we citizens.

I truly cannot fathom how anyone could say what is quoted here. Ashley Babbitt may not have shared your personal political beliefs but does that warrant a death sentence to you?. She had done nothing wrong. She was in the wrong place at the right time it seems though. To be made an example of. Which is exactly the thing you are implying with your MOH quip. She had it coming. Her murderer is a hero to your eyes. So tell me, are we at war? You and I? I categorically do not share your political ideology just like Ashley Babbitt.So does that mean open and violent hostilities are in order? Do you believe that Police, Sheriff Deputies and US soldiers represent you on this field?

Yes, I'm being all manner of snarky. Sheesh. Award this cop an MOH. Yeah, whatever. What should we expect next I wonders.....

Old 07-05-2021, 03:46 PM

10,370 posts, read 10,819,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well at least you didn't say "Congressional" Medal of Honor. l truly despise that erroneous pronunciation. But at the same time you cheapened our nations highest military award for conspicuous valor and bravery above and beyond the call of duty in the face of the enemy and ignoring all danger to self for the benefit of ones comrades in arms. How praytell does THAT apply here? Since this Capitol cop is not a soldier nor was he acting in service to the nation in war. This above quoted post is sickening to me.

You do realize that the greatest percentage of this award given out are awarded posthumously? Apparently not so don't bother answering that. He does NOT warrant an award for valor in the face of the enemy but were he actually a soldier a general courts martial would be in order. Cops are NOT soldiers at war. Though a great many cops do refer to we citizens as "civilians" they are no more than that themselves. The badge and uniform does not make them soldiers of the United States nor do they elevate LEOs over and above we citizens.

I truly cannot fathom how anyone could say what is quoted here. Ashley Babbitt may not have shared your personal political beliefs but does that warrant a death sentence to you?. She had done nothing wrong. She was in the wrong place at the right time it seems though. To be made an example of. Which is exactly the thing you are implying with your MOH quip. She had it coming. Her murderer is a hero to your eyes. So tell me, are we at war? You and I? I categorically do not share your political ideology just like Ashley Babbitt.So does that mean open and violent hostilities are in order? Do you believe that Police, Sheriff Deputies and US soldiers represent you on this field?

Yes, I'm being all manner of snarky. Sheesh. Award this cop an MOH. Yeah, whatever. What should we expect next I wonders.....
Just wanted to point out the error in your post. She was somewhere she shouldn't have been, doing something she shouldn't have done.

I would suggest that people not forcibly break into buildings and assume they won't get shot.

Last edited by villageidiot1; 07-05-2021 at 03:58 PM..

Old 07-05-2021, 03:50 PM

18,024 posts, read 14,033,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If she posed a threat, he should have retreated. People have a duty to retreat, according to the gun grabbers. Any gun grabbers here who support this act of murder? Want to chime in to reconcile your positions?
Any gun "supporters" want to speculate on how they would have felt if the cop was a white Trump supporter and Ashley was part of BLM mob and Black Ashley was hopping through this shattered window?

This thing works both ways.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:59 PM

31,276 posts, read 19,813,327 times
Ashli was assassinated by the Left pure and simple...an unarmed woman murdered so they could get their jollies at her death.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:03 PM

14,536 posts, read 11,395,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Any gun "supporters" want to speculate on how they would have felt if the cop was a white Trump supporter and Ashley was part of BLM mob and Black Ashley was hopping through this shattered window?

This thing works both ways.
No, it doesn’t work both ways. If the scenario you just outlined had played out, the cop would be in jail right now staring down 30 years in prison and Washington DC would have burned to the ground after 5 months of nightly riots and looting.

Jeezus leftists are dumb as stumps.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,655,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I make no claim of what the alleged shooter, Michael Byrd said or did. All I have said is that we (the public) should officially know who he is.

At the hints of who he was, the U.S. news media should have gone into investigative news mode like they have when the police have killed unarmed black people. They didn't. Not even close. That is telling.

Why don't you want to know what happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
No, it doesn’t work both ways. If the scenario you just outlined had played out, the cop would be in jail right now staring down 30 years in prison and Washington DC would have burned to the ground after 5 months of nightly riots and looting.

Jeezus leftists are dumb as stumps.
Oh the irony of your last sentence.

Let’s remind you……how many instances of cops killing black people & never go to prison for it? Apparently you’ve been asleep for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies