Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 07:08 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,407,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
DeSantis/Owens 2024 talk about a landslide!
Lib heads are exploding. They might even pay less attention to because Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 07:09 PM

8,121 posts, read 6,827,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lib heads are exploding. They might even pay less attention to because Trump.
And crapping their pants...

Old 06-01-2021, 09:31 PM

795 posts, read 414,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I agree. DeSantis is awesome.

Why on earth are you moving to Maine? A job? Family? Not many people move to Maine.
And that’s part of the reason right there. Whole state has a population of 1.3 million. Safest state in the USA, tons of gorgeous scenery and outdoor activities, great home and land prices, good schools, constitutional carry state, very 2a friendly, not overrun by left wing whack jobs outside of Portland, etc. we found an absolutely amazing home on 24 acres well situated and we jumped on it.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:35 PM

6,781 posts, read 6,828,946 times
I like DeSantis, he's not worried about what everyone thinks and is 10x smarter than Putin's puppet.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:33 PM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,168,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Here's today:

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06...-month-n389717

Teeth Are Gnashed After Ron DeSantis Makes a Move on the First Day of 'Pride Month'

Ron DeSantis has quickly become the left’s new public enemy #1, and he’s not showing any signs of slowing down. The Florida governor has recently dropped the hammer on big tech and vaccine passports in his state. Now, he’s signing a bill into law that will protect young girls from having to compete against biological boys in sports..
He is so progressive and ahead of his time. I suspect it blows the leftists away and they just can't keep up.

He really is a great governor. I hope he stays in Florida though. We need one state to stay more normal and not nuts like the rest of the US. Geez. Sure are a lot of people moving there. Try and buy a home in that state right now. Wow! Everyone is leaving the crap states like NY, NJ and PA. Not to mention CA! That might be the worst state in the US right now.

I think it would be DeSantis's best move to run FL for another term and maybe then look at presidency. We need to get that dope Trump out of the picture as he is just a mess. Not saying he is worse than Biden however. Biden is really out of it, but whatever. We voted him in as a country and I hope we do well no matter how is in there as I am a patriot and proud American, not a far left or right dope.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:38 PM

6,108 posts, read 2,321,622 times
Does this mean that transgender Boys cannot compete against other boys, only girls because they born with girl parts?

If so then a transgender boy would have a huge advantage in girls sports given the hormone treatments given to Girls who transition to boys. Imagine a girl on full hormone therapy to be a boy competing against other girls in say Swimming. The advantage could be huge and seems overlooked by this legislation.

You stop one issue but end up causing another inadvertently I presume. High school sports does not test for androgens or growth hormone.

I personally feel like sports associations and individual organizations running sporting events would be a better place to work around this issue. But I guess people like their government involvement.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:14 AM

3,877 posts, read 4,114,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
And that’s part of the reason right there. Whole state has a population of 1.3 million. Safest state in the USA, tons of gorgeous scenery and outdoor activities, great home and land prices, good schools, constitutional carry state, very 2a friendly, not overrun by left wing whack jobs outside of Portland, etc. we found an absolutely amazing home on 24 acres well situated and we jumped on it.
Kinda don't blame yah, Maine had 20 homicides last year.....pretty safe spot up there.

Old 06-04-2021, 02:56 PM

37,861 posts, read 41,261,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you think that's badass, a democrat once jailed an entire ethnicity in America for three plus years. In concentration camps. Pretty gnarly, huh?
Actually it was 2, Japanese and Germans in Crystal City, Texas. Read the book "The Train to Crystal City: FDR's Secret Prisoner Exchange Program" by Jan Jarboe Russell. It's a good read and very interesting about how the two ethnicities set up separate operating structures within the Internment camp.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:37 PM

4,199 posts, read 5,130,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
...Time will tell who gets to lose to Harris in 2024.
Fixed it for ya

Old 06-04-2021, 04:07 PM

63,534 posts, read 29,623,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Ron DeSantis/Nikki Haley — 2024
I'd rather see a DeSantis/Candace Owens ticket.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-04-2021 at 04:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies