Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which was worse?
BLM Riots 2020-2021 40 78.43%
January 6th Capitol Storming 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 04:09 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Lol. That was more harassment then any attempt to murder them. Fun fact, cops do know how to break doors down, and have shotguns. But sure, you could try calling it attempted murder if you wanted to push the bounds a bit. But the fact that the Seattle east precinct front door is a glass one with big windows on either side makes it hard to take too credibly.
But was it the front door, do some research and get back with us.

The fact you are saying this is o.k., says a lot about you and your hate for police and the praise of those that did this.

Sad, but what else can we expect from those like you?

Old 05-21-2021, 04:12 PM

23,547 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Lol. Portland has not had a single building burn down. Not one. Op makes it sound like the city is on fire.

Jan 6th was a attempted coup. Period. Trying to conflate it with protesting is nonsense.
Tens of millions lost in Portland due to damages and lost revenue, and you're cheering?
People in Portland were harmed and killed, and you're cheering?
wow. there are no words.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:14 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Tens of millions lost in Portland due to damages and lost revenue, and you're cheering?
People in Portland were harmed and killed, and you're cheering?
wow. there are no words.
I never said I was cheering. Wow you folks sure like to misrepresent me a lot. But I’m pretty happy no buildings have burned down. Aren’t you?

Old 05-21-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Big difference between setting a Wendy's on fire and storming the capital in an attempt to overturn an election.

BIG difference.
While protesting, shooting into a car and killing a child , does that make a difference to you? probably not, unless it was a Trump supporter doing it.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
When did I ever say anything about them burning down? I said Portland continues to burn regularly. Thankfully the first responders are able to save the buildings from being a total loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeDHOLlgPG8
I wonder how many firefighters are injured fighting all of those fires that blm antifa start. Not like those on the left would care.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:23 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
I would like to respond to this topic with another question, would you rather have somebody come up to you and kick you in the groin as hard as they can with a metal boot…..OR would you rather have the same person slap you in the face with a stinky soaking wet gym sock 42,000 times in a row???

Old 05-21-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What about trying to Quikrete the doors of a police station and attempt to burn it down while police are in it?

Oh wait, you did not hear about this, no really? I'm not shocked at all.

https://komonews.com/news/local/poli...icade-officers

Amazing how uninformed the left is...
I heard about blm antifa trying to trap cops in buildings and then set their fires, but not about this one. I don't know how anyone can support blm antifa in doing these things...and yet, those on the left do support them. weird.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:27 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Hmmmm....the old what's worse childhood questionairre. Gee johnny is it worse to get
Burned at the stake or get beheaded by the guillotine? Neither have a painless result.
So let's put this in perspective.
Building back a city is easier then building back a stronger democracy. As any reasonable person can surmise. The Jan 6 event played a significant part in how far the radical rights will go to infringe on govt processes . Democracy has not recovered . We are politically split with no end in recovering from the balderdash series of lies perpetuated .

Old 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Lets review shall we...

BLM/Antifa Riots:

- 25+ Dead
- Billions of Dollars in damage
- Curfews imposed
- Fires, looting, and rioting on numerous private and public property
- Numerous government buildings set on fire including police stations
- Police forced to abandon their precinct in Seattle
- "CHOP" autonomous zone in Seattle
- Portland continuing to burn every day.
- National Guard sent to numerous cities
- Idiots burn historic church in Washington DC
- Millions of citizens fear for their lives
- etc.

January 6th "Storming" of the Capitol:

- 1 death as a result of a Capitol Officer shooting a white woman (other deaths were confirmed to be natural causes with one drug overdose)
- A couple broken windows
- Pelosi's office broken into
- A few idiots take pictures of themselves in the Chamber.
- A couple of wackos (AOC) thought they were "going to die."

Both are bad, but lets not pretend that January 6th was worse than your average BLM protest. Or as Biden would say "Worst attack since the Civil War."
I think we already know the answer to that. Depends on who you ask.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:34 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Lets review shall we...

BLM/Antifa Riots:

- 25+ Dead
- Billions of Dollars in damage
- Curfews imposed
- Fires, looting, and rioting on numerous private and public property
- Numerous government buildings set on fire including police stations
- Police forced to abandon their precinct in Seattle
- "CHOP" autonomous zone in Seattle
- Portland continuing to burn every day.
- National Guard sent to numerous cities
- Idiots burn historic church in Washington DC
- Millions of citizens fear for their lives
- etc.

January 6th "Storming" of the Capitol:

- 1 death as a result of a Capitol Officer shooting a white woman (other deaths were confirmed to be natural causes with one drug overdose)
- A couple broken windows
- Pelosi's office broken into
- A few idiots take pictures of themselves in the Chamber.
- A couple of wackos (AOC) thought they were "going to die."

Both are bad, but lets not pretend that January 6th was worse than your average BLM protest. Or as Biden would say "Worst attack since the Civil War."
Both ate horrible. Here is my take on this. Both events had to happen and it was a must. Alot of people are angry and took their concern against the government or the capitalist class.

In terms of damage, the BLM movement was the worse, especially since billions were lost and dozens upon dozens were killed at blm protests connected to the events of George Floyd.

In terms of shock value, January 6 was bad.

We have alot of work to do and try to bring alot of healing. I don't blame racism or white supremacy on these events. But I do blame capitlism and American issues that are causing friction in out society. Also mainstream media and social media makes the division even far worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies