Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which was worse?
BLM Riots 2020-2021 40 78.43%
January 6th Capitol Storming 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 03:44 PM

4,496 posts, read 3,854,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Notice how none of them burned down?

Portland fire department even had to remind folks:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/polit...ent/index.html
When did I ever say anything about them burning down? I said Portland continues to burn regularly. Thankfully the first responders are able to save the buildings from being a total loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeDHOLlgPG8

Old 05-21-2021, 03:44 PM

24,916 posts, read 9,663,621 times
According to the lovely Wikipedia page which is locked, the George Floyd riots are not over.

They’ve classified it as “ongoing.” LOL.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests

Do liberals think you can loot your way up the social ladder? That they’ve started some revolution? Give me a break.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:46 PM

46,426 posts, read 27,283,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Big difference between setting a Wendy's on fire and storming the capital in an attempt to overturn an election.

BIG difference.
What about trying to Quikrete the doors of a police station and attempt to burn it down while police are in it?

Oh wait, you did not hear about this, no really? I'm not shocked at all.

https://komonews.com/news/local/poli...icade-officers

Quote:
Last night, SPD said rioters used quick setting concrete trying to seal the doors at the East Precinct, but it didn't work and officers were able to get out.

“They mixed up the ‘Quikrete’ and then tried to seal off the exits,” said Sgt. Huserik. “I don’t think there’s a lot of leaps that have to be made about what their intent was last night.”
Amazing how uninformed the left is...

Old 05-21-2021, 03:49 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,457,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
To be clear, the Jan 6th people are idiots and need to go to jail. But the Capitol was easily fixed. My wife grew up in the Portland area and we are heartbroken about what the once fun, quirky downtown has become. It still hasn't recovered from a year ago.

You can't have a civil society without private property rights, and it's naive to think that waiving them will fix race relations.
Uhmmm...outside of the one small area it’s the same. And it wasn’t that much of Portland’s culture lol. I think Covid has hurt things more then anything.

For example, I missed seeing the unipiper last weekend at the A,B,SEA zoo but still had fun. I’m sure downtown will recover as long as things aren’t made worse.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:50 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,452,342 times
Quote:
Lol. Portland has not had a single building burn down. Not one. Op makes it sound like the city is on fire.

Jan 6th was a attempted coup. Period. Trying to conflate it with protesting is nonsense.
Five months of protests involving arson, murder of police and civilians, destruction of livelihoods, assaults, police precincts being burned to the ground, an attack on a Ronald McDonald House (children with cancer and their families inside), and a vice-presidential candidate promoting a fund to bail out said domestic terrorists.

VS

A flash mob let in by Capitol police, milling around like WalMart shoppers for a few hours.

Don't worry, we won't conflate those at all.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:51 PM

26,253 posts, read 19,172,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
There is no way Jan 6 was an attempted Coup. They simply left at the end of the day. If it was serious, it would be a bloodbath as tanks rolled up and Special Forces dig in for an extended siege.

I get that the left Dems want to make it out like the worst thing ever for politics but seriously. It was a redneck version of the so many Occupy Movement type stunts that last way longer and Normalized by the left.

No way I can take Jan 6th seriously after a year of apologetic Burning, looting, Autonomous zones, and police buildings being attacked.

Now granted, this poll is silly to compare a Years worth of foolishness to half a day's worth.
I keep posting a photo of the fall of Saigon (the famous picture of the tank and the knocked down fence). THAT was a successful coup and a war to take control of a nation. You don't attempt to take over the most advanced industrial, technological nation in the world with a can of beer and an f'ing buffalo horn hat. But then the lefties here on this forum know that as well as anyone else does. NOBODY is that stupid. The cat in my back yard could figure that out.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What about trying to Quikrete the doors of a police station and attempt to burn it down while police are in it?

Oh wait, you did not hear about this, no really? I'm not shocked at all.

https://komonews.com/news/local/poli...icade-officers

Amazing how uninformed the left is...
Lol. That was more harassment then any attempt to murder them. Fun fact, cops do know how to break doors down, and have shotguns. But sure, you could try calling it attempted murder if you wanted to push the bounds a bit. But the fact that the Seattle east precinct front door is a glass one with big windows on either side makes it hard to take too credibly.

Old 05-21-2021, 03:59 PM

4,496 posts, read 3,854,999 times
Quote:
Lol. That was more harassment then any attempt to murder them. Fun fact, cops do know how to break doors down, and have shotguns. But sure, you could try calling it attempted murder if you wanted to push the bounds a bit. But the fact that the Seattle east precinct front door is a glass one with big windows on either side makes it hard to take too credibly.
LOL attempting to burn a police station down while police are still in it (and trying to keep them locked in) is “harassment” and not attempted murder? I can’t even...

Old 05-21-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I keep posting a photo of the fall of Saigon (the famous picture of the tank and the knocked down fence). THAT was a successful coup and a war to take control of a nation. You don't attempt to take over the most advanced industrial, technological nation in the world with a can of beer and an f'ing buffalo horn hat. But then the lefties here on this forum know that as well as anyone else does. NOBODY is that stupid. The cat in my back yard could figure that out.
You can delay the vote to certify, then use the violence to justify it. We came wayyyyy too close. Maybe intentionally, maybe not. But this stuff is bad.

Old 05-21-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
LOL attempting to burn a police station down while police are still in it (and trying to keep them locked in) is “harassment” and not attempted murder? I can’t even...
Based on the first link I read? Absolutely.

But before responding I figured I’d find something more recent and factual.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr...-pleads-guilty

Looking at that.....well the cops didn’t charge him with it......but that sure looks to me more like he pled down from it. The other side of it though? They had no reason to offer a plea, they had him.

I could make the argument that they didn’t charge him with it. And be right. But I think I’m going to agree with you, it looks more like attempted murder when you get a more recent report.

But also....glass door, huge windows soooo....maybe that’s why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies