Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 01:44 PM

17,551 posts, read 12,556,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Those studies are old. Here are some newer ones. It could be the science is not settled on it. However, common sense tells me that setting a plant and paper on fire and inhaling it is probably not good for me.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0111084226.htm

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/healt...ess/index.html
Yeah, that's why I personally don't smoke it either.

But I'm not going to ban charcoal grills because the smoke from those as well as the char are bad for you too...

Old 05-19-2021, 01:46 PM

33,112 posts, read 19,744,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
CO was Normandy Beach in the war on drugs. Us liberals have liberated CA, MA, MI, IL, NY, NJ, VA. The battles of Texas, Florida and the poor states will take as long as it takes. On to Berlin.
it was the liberals that made cannabis illegal in 1937

Old 05-19-2021, 01:48 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,502,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was the liberals that made cannabis illegal in 1937
Harry Anslinger was hardly a liberal. He was an out of work prohibition enforcement officer who needed a new product to crack down on to stay operating.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Harry Anslinger was hardly a liberal. He was an out of work prohibition enforcement officer who needed a new product to crack down on to stay operating.
it was the democrat controlled congress, and FDR...those guys were certainly liberal

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) (Democrat) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

Harry J. Anslinger, was appointed to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs by FDR and approved by the democrat controlled congress

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naïve; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees.

In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

…POT IS ILLEGAL BECAUSE LIBERAL BILLIONAIRES WANT TO REMAIN BILLIONAIRES!

Old 05-19-2021, 01:53 PM

4,396 posts, read 1,627,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Those studies are old. Here are some newer ones. It could be the science is not settled on it. However, common sense tells me that setting a plant and paper on fire and inhaling it is probably not good for me.
That's ok, we'll just legalize edibles.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
That's ok, we'll just legalize edibles.
there is 10,001 uses for cannabis other than getting high

you need to start with the first step of cannabis is not only a recreational drug...it has less negative effecs than alcohol

Cannabis does NOT pose a threat to the general public. Cannabis is very much a danger to the oil companies, alcohol, tobacco industries and a large number of chemical corporations. Various big businesses, with plenty of dollars and influence, have suppressed the truth from the people.

Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes for approximately 4,000 years. In the early 3rd century AD, Hua Tuo was the first known person in China to use cannabis as an anesthetic. Cannabis was prescribed to treat vomiting and hemorrhaging. Since then, Cannabis has been used in Ancient Egypt, India and many Islamic countries for medicinal purposes.William Brooke O’Shaughnessy (lower right), an Irish doctor has been said to be responsible for bringing Cannabis to the Western World as a medical treatment in the 1830’s. It was used mainly as treatment for migraines, as a sleeping aid, as an analgesic and anticonvulsant.

Hemp seeds contain a protein that is more nutritious and more economical to produce than soybean protein. Hemp seeds are not intoxicating. Hemp seed protein can be used to produce virtually any product made from soybean: tofu, veggie burgers, butter, cheese, salad oils, ice cream, milk, etc. Hemp seed can also be ground into a nutritious flour that can be used to produce baked goods such as pasta, cookies, and breads.

WORLD HUNGER COULD END. A large variety of food products can be generated from hemp. The seeds contain one of the highest sources of protein in nature. ALSO: They have two essential fatty acids that clean your body of cholesterol. These essential fatty acids are not found anywhere else in nature! Consuming pot seeds is the best thing you could do for your body. Eat uncooked hemp seeds.

A large variety of food products can also be generated from hemp. The seeds contain one of the highest sources of protein in nature. The list of uses for this plant is endless for anything from medicines to high quality paint. Also take into account that Hemp grows well in a variety of climates and soil types. It is naturally resistant to most pests, precluding the need for pesticides. It grows tightly spaced, out-competing any weeds, so herbicides are not necessary. It also leaves a weed-free field for a following crop.

Hemp (cannabis) contains:

* All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
* A high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
* Eating hemp seeds in any form could aid, if not heal, people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. This conclusion is supported by the fact that hemp seed has been used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to waste away.3
* Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
* A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid - for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
* A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
* A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria.
* The richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids.

http://lightworkers.org/forum/86226/wonder-plant

Old 05-19-2021, 01:58 PM

16,959 posts, read 10,721,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
So is fiction...novels, movies, TV shows. I have an aquarium I like to look at sometimes. Staring in to it is like being in another world. Sometimes when I'm on a hike I like to look around and see nothing but nature, no technology or anything, and imagine I'm in a different time. It's escapism. We all have our ways. The trick is not to let the escape cause you to neglect your reality. That could be someone being high or drunk all the time, or getting so caught up in a hobby that they ignore their obligations. The person who has a nightcap after work, be it a glass of beer or wine or a whiskey on the rocks, or a few puffs off a bowl...he's relaxing, he's escaping reality a little, then the next day he gets up and goes to work again. He's probably less stressed out than the guy who feels like he always has to be "on" and tuned in to their responsibilities.

So drugs like alcohol and marijuana can be an escape from reality for a time but they don't indicate that someone can't handle reality anymore than any form of escapism can potentially do so if taken to excess.
People don’t go eat face after a trip to the aquarium.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-19-2021, 02:18 PM

4,396 posts, read 1,627,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there is 10,001 uses for cannabis other than getting high
Completely agree.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:53 PM

26,583 posts, read 19,457,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Times are changing. I know a lot of Republicans who are pro marijuana, especially younger ones. It's just a matter of time here in Texas. Hopefully we'll see it on the ballot in the next few years.
And you know something? Back in the 1920s, I bet 80% or more would have been "pro tobacco smoking." Nearly everyone smoked. Times and opinions change when medical facts about health risks come out. I was young, but alive in the 1960s and early 1970s when most people still denied that smoking cigarettes was bad for you, even though the statistics were there. They were either ignored or suppressed by "popular culture" at the time.

Flash to today. Medical evidence and statistics are there showing smoking pot is far worse for you than smoking tobacco as far as lung issues and general health risks. But we are in the phase where "pop culture" conveniently ignores that because they are on a crusade right now. The same kind of crusade pop culture was on with smoking cigarettes back in the 1920s. It was a HUGE deal that women finally had the "freedom" to smoke cigarettes... health issues or not. When pot is legalized, it's going to be a big deal that everyone has the freedom to smoke pot... health risks or not.

Don't get my wrong: I'm a libertarian and you should have the liberty to ingest anything you wish, stupid or not, health risk or not. Drink wood alcohol as far as I'm concerned... just don't give me BS about it that there is no statistical health risk. Because there is.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:03 PM

47,139 posts, read 26,355,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The Minnesota House just voted to legalize recreational marijuana but it was dead on arrival at the Republican majority senate. Stupid Republicans.
If the voters wanted influence, they should have written bigger checks than the private prison lobby. Really their own fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies