Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much longer will you wear a mask
I'll wear a mask for the rest of my life. 12 5.33%
I'll wear a mask until there is a vaccine and I get the vaccine. 33 14.67%
I'll wear a mask for as long as the "experts" and "science" tell me to wear a mask. 77 34.22%
I will wear a mask if required by a business or the government, but only until the end of the year. 26 11.56%
I will wear a mask if required by a business or the government, but only for another year. 16 7.11%
I will not wear a mask any more. 11 4.89%
I don't wear a mask now and don't care what the government or a private business says. 36 16.00%
Other/Not sure (please explain) 14 6.22%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 01:57 AM

37,382 posts, read 41,668,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Yes..as the makeshift macgyver style mask will save you.
This may appear as a shocker: neck gaiters, bandanas, nor any facemask rate virus-retardant.
This one does:

https://sonoviatech.com/choose_sonom...=Black_Eclipse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 02:03 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,178,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Until it's safe.
Sorry not good enough, move the goalposts.

Until EVERY PERSON is safe.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:46 AM

4,138 posts, read 4,557,405 times
So tired of these bs. I was on a flight Sunday that was delayed for over an hour because a group of 4 people decided, after boarding that they would not wear a mask. This, despite multiple signs and announcements that no one is permitted to board with wearing a mask. These idiots got into an altercation with the flight attendants, federal security had to physically remove them from the plane and they were informed they would not fly that airline again. Of course this immature temper tantrum resulted in several other passengers missing their connecting flights but I doubt these a holes could care about that. Wearing a mask is common sense, something so many entitled Americans sorely lack.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 AM

490 posts, read 153,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He could have simply emphasized the importance of social distancing and wearing masks when unable to do so. Nothing unconstitutional about a President seizing the bully pulpit to advance an agenda. Instead he has often encouraged mask less crowded venues
Do people really look to politicians or the President to figure out how they should live their life? I feel bad for people that think that way. The last people on the planet that would influence how I think or live my life would be a politician.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:49 AM

14,343 posts, read 4,690,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look! someone who isnt the president of the united states, a governor, or a mayor has a opinion. I really dont care about what she did or did not do, she did not have any power to influence anything or really do anything. I dont know if you knew this...but...Donald Trump is the President. And he could have done lots of things to stop this.

Again, who is supposed to be leading the country. Remind me again?

Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth because you are unable to argue the point, just making stuff up about me, and pointing at folks who arent actually leading the country. Pathetic.

I live in California and CA governor has more power & control & influence over this covid19 restrictions and shutdown than the President of United States.

Do tell us what Trump could have done to fight covid19 without violating the Constitutions?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:50 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,940,059 times
I am glad I read this forum. It has kept me alert to the mentality of those in different regions. I think I'll just suck up high NYC taxes. I don't want to be around these types of individuals especially when the Civil War begins.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:53 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,940,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Wearing a mask is common sense, something so many entitled Americans sorely lack.
Unfortunately I have been recently informed the French are now acting like les Américains regarding masks...

Old 10-22-2020, 04:54 AM

1,679 posts, read 1,802,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Suzy_q; according to the manufacturer and site I would stand corrected.

If the claims proved to be true, this particular facemask should be thee mandated version and others scientifically verified as "Virus Retardant"

Otherwise face mask/coverings prove to be compliance base oppose to health or saftey based.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:55 AM

16,952 posts, read 16,838,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I dont wear one and I also dont wear a crucifix,or carry garlic around to ward off evil spirits
No stake through the heart either?

Old 10-22-2020, 04:58 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,897,176 times
I will wear a face covering until the number of cases is below 1 per 100,000 in the area that I was reside or until I get a vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies