Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 12:04 PM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessinseattle View Post
And tell mommy too?
Not surprised. Many on the left keep saying peoples should follow the rules, then break them selves.

I guess you think the rules DON'T apply to you because you are "special"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 12:06 PM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
All I keep reading is Democrats, Democrats , Democrats if Republicans are such great leader then why aren't they elected as the mayors for cities, why are their cities the ones that aren't growing, why aren't people wanting to move to these glowing hot spots?

Save the crookedness allegations because the current administration has not only taken it to a new level and the Presidents conduct is a disgrace to the office of the President.
"then why aren't they elected as the mayors for cities"

PSST, because more DEMS live there. Doesn't take rocket scientist to figure it out!

Old 10-05-2020, 12:10 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
It is the other way around. The taxes are so high in the liberal state that price out middle income earners.

Consider NYC, the property tax doubled in 10 years. I spoke to mr friends and uncles and they said properly tax is quickly approaching 10k.

NJ is the same. A 4/2 home property tax is over 10k. In a nicer neighborhood would be 14k.

Just to be clear, property tax just one of the many other taxes imposed to us in the liberal states. No wonder people are leaving.
In Texas, the property tax rates are high, too - they have to make it up because there's no state income tax.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:35 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,970,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Media personailty Ben Shairo says...

"Taxpayers are moving out -- now including my family and my company. In 2019, before the pandemic and the widespread rioting and looting, outmigration jumped 38%, rising for the seventh straight year. That number will increase again this year."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ben-...ing-california

Shapiro is moving his family, and his business; which employees 75 people.

Actor James Van Der Beek is also leaving L.A....

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-angeles-texas

He's taking his wife and 5 children.

Liberals are destroying cities and states all across the USA. High taxes, high crime, homelessness, drug addicts, rioting, looting, destruction, poor law enforcement, bad schools...all due to failed Democrat policies.

Not Republican in sight!
What they mean is they will change their primary residence to state with better taxes for wealthy people. They of course will still be in California all the time to enjoy everything else it has to offer. Just another way to avoid taxes really. Then again they probably have a lot in overseas tax shelters too.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:43 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,221,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Not just California, Washington State and probably Oregon also.

Boeing just announced moving the 787 to South Carolina.
More than one reason for these Corporate and small.business moves.
As a resident in Joe Cunningham's congressional district, I would like to thank you for all the Seattle folks headed our way. They've done wonders for my property value and helped flip our Congressional seat.

LA to Texas is not a big culture difference since Austin, Houston and San Antonio are already Dem towns. Once you go inland, California is geographically/culturally inline with much of the Southeast. If we can simply flood Texas and Arizona with Californians that will take care of the whole pesky Electoral College problem that has plagued Dems for the last 20 years.

Last edited by mrpeatie; 10-05-2020 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-05-2020, 12:47 PM

24,661 posts, read 9,482,550 times
State taxes suck, more folks will continue to leave.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:49 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,707,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
State taxes suck, more folks will continue to leave.
CA income taxes are outrageous. I would never live there and be abused by government.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:29 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,180,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
In Texas, the property tax rates are high, too - they have to make it up because there's no state income tax.
Yes. But property is priced a lot lower.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:47 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Yes. But property is priced a lot lower.
If I buy a home in Houston that is 1/2 the price of my home in Silicon Valley, I'll have to pay MORE property tax (in actual dollar amount) than I do right right now. My utility bills are also gonna be higher because I'll need to run A/C much of the year (I don't need that much here where I live).

Old 10-05-2020, 03:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,674,658 times
By all means keep coming and increasing my home value, just PLEASE leave the California BS there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies