Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 03:33 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,047,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The bad part about this is that they'll move to their new states, and vote democrat (depending on who is leaving of course), eventually messing those states up too. I'm not talking about the southern states listed by the poster above me, but rather the great plains states, like the ones I live in. Then they go on reddit and complain that the states won't lockdown and people have masks off. Sigh. It's like building a house next to a ranch and then complaining that you smell manure... what did you expect?

Hopefully most of the lefties pick the Minneapolis area.. that's still nice there, for the most part. Denver is good if you can afford the overpriced real estate, and much warmer. To a degree I believe Minneapolis is nicer because it just gets so cold out that the homeless elements can't really handle it there.
Sounds like prime material for "Go back where you came from!".......and fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 03:53 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,722,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Mad Max states?

That is a great idea. They could essentially be like prisons without walls and contain all the loonies. Order would break down and there would be rule by roving warlords. It would be a liberal paradise, as abortion and pot would be legal, of course. Rape, murder, theft, torture, pedophilia, and extortion would all be legal as well. The only thing that would be illegal would be "racism", which would receive the death penalty.
It's starting feel like this already in leftist cities.

Old 10-03-2020, 04:28 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,573,346 times
Ben Shapiro is leaving California? My biggest worry is whether I should throw an impromptu party today or a more organized one for next weekend. Maybe he can influence Darrell Isaa and Duncan Hunter to leave as well!

Old 10-03-2020, 04:34 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,591,101 times
As a bit of a joke years ago one Oregon govenor was quoted saying come visit but don't move here.

Moves out of California are primarily homeowners ready to retire who want to capture their capital gains by buying cheaper homes. Remember home prices are demand based. Californians will only pay attention when their home values implode.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Its economics that are making people re-choose how and where they live. Taxes and COL are significantly higher in the places that people want to be and the jobs exist. Not many relocating to Oklahoma City, Mobile Alabama or other GOP lead spots...
That's the profound truth and Tulsa, too. For instance, Musk sure didn't want to set up his new Tesla truck assembly plant in Tulsa.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:26 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,018,225 times
The left are killing all cities. It is what it is.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:29 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
It's starting feel like this already in leftist cities.
Yep-

Prisons without walls. That is why I am perfectly fine with BLM and ANTIFA burning liberal cities. With all the violence and anarchy, the inability of the left to maintain order is on full display. Being contained in the liberal cities keeps the rest of us unaffected by the leftist violence. Ironic, isn't it- the libs are pissed off at conservatives so they burn liberal cities and kick the crap out of other dems.

A few Starbucks commandoes have run roughshod over large cities unchecked. Imagine how the dem politicians would deal with a real crisis if they can't handle a few girlie men with trash can shields.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:31 PM

25,887 posts, read 12,918,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Its economics that are making people re-choose how and where they live. Taxes and COL are significantly higher in the places that people want to be and the jobs exist. Not many relocating to Oklahoma City, Mobile Alabama or other GOP lead spots...
The economics are created by years of Democrat policies. State economies do not happen by luck.

Mobile Alabama may not be growing much, but I think Huntsville is; if I recall.

With the Democrat legacy of failure in all these cities and states, why would anyone want to vote for that?

Democrat policies do not work for most people. They fail over and over again for most...except the crooked Dem politicians who milk society, and the system....like Joe Biden has done using his family as 3rd party graft collectors.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:29 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,997,313 times
Quote:
The bad part about this is that they'll move to their new states, and vote democrat (depending on who is leaving of course), eventually messing those states up too. I'm not talking about the southern states listed by the poster above me, but rather the great plains states, like the ones I live in. Then they go on reddit and complain that the states won't lockdown and people have masks off. Sigh. It's like building a house next to a ranch and then complaining that you smell manure... what did you expect?
Unfortunately, that seems to be the case in Prescott, AZ where my home is.

Quote:
Hopefully most of the lefties pick the Minneapolis area.. that's still nice there, for the most part. Denver is good if you can afford the overpriced real estate, and much warmer. To a degree I believe Minneapolis is nicer because it just gets so cold out that the homeless elements can't really handle it there.
Minneapolis crime is really bad right now. The city also decided on a multi million dollar tax increase (again!) to purchase a couple of hotels for the homeless to be housed in. I am sure the SFH owners around these hotels will be thrilled with the tax increase and their new neighbors.

Old 10-04-2020, 04:32 AM

34,257 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Then they vote Democrat where they move and ruin that place too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies