Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 05:30 AM

26,446 posts, read 13,308,301 times

Advertisements

The Tech industry is holding up California right now like the auto industry held up Detroit. When that changes, California's decline will accelerate.

100's of other employers have already left, so Cali is becoming a 1 trick pony for jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 05:40 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Republican run areas are better for the ultra-wealthy? We already knew this. That the GOP caters only to the wealthy is why people are running away from that party

"is why people are running away from that party"

This post has NOTHING to do with issue of this thread.

Any more and I WILL report your for hijacking a thread.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-04-2020 at 05:50 AM..

Old 10-04-2020, 05:42 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,224,989 times
They are moving to Texas in droves and bringing the same ideas. I see it on nextdoor , facebook, Twitter, when they post. I fear Texas will be changed and not in a good way. They are pushing the hatred of the police. Try posting on nextdoor about supporting the police and you will see what your neighboring areas are really like.our have changed to so that the few who try to support the police are bashed!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:52 AM

672 posts, read 446,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

And tell mommy too?

Old 10-04-2020, 06:01 AM

19,332 posts, read 17,288,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The economics are created by years of Democrat policies. State economies do not happen by luck.

Mobile Alabama may not be growing much, but I think Huntsville is; if I recall.

With the Democrat legacy of failure in all these cities and states, why would anyone want to vote for that?

Democrat policies do not work for most people. They fail over and over again for most...except the crooked Dem politicians who milk society, and the system....like Joe Biden has done using his family as 3rd party graft collectors.
All I keep reading is Democrats, Democrats , Democrats if Republicans are such great leader then why aren't they elected as the mayors for cities, why are their cities the ones that aren't growing, why aren't people wanting to move to these glowing hot spots?

Save the crookedness allegations because the current administration has not only taken it to a new level and the Presidents conduct is a disgrace to the office of the President.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 10-04-2020 at 06:15 AM..

Old 10-04-2020, 07:34 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,227,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
........Save the crookedness allegations because the current administration has not only taken it to a new level and the Presidents conduct is a disgrace to the office of the President.
Well, compared to the other guys, what choice does one have?

It is either Him or them.......and I sure as heck don't want them.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:39 AM
bu2

24,244 posts, read 15,084,412 times
Quote:
All I keep reading is Democrats, Democrats , Democrats if Republicans are such great leader then why aren't they elected as the mayors for cities, why are their cities the ones that aren't growing, why aren't people wanting to move to these glowing hot spots?

Save the crookedness allegations because the current administration has not only taken it to a new level and the Presidents conduct is a disgrace to the office of the President.
Absolutely nothing crooked DJT has done in office. Same can't be said about Obama's CIA and FBI and Biden threatening the Ukraine.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:40 AM
bu2

24,244 posts, read 15,084,412 times
Quote:

Republicans made New York Great Again. Democrats have quickly turned it into a sewer.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:10 AM

3,770 posts, read 1,539,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Tech industry is holding up California right now like the auto industry held up Detroit. When that changes, California's decline will accelerate.

100's of other employers have already left, so Cali is becoming a 1 trick pony for jobs.
No, there’s the entertainment industry as well, though filming is starting to happen in other areas due to tax incentives. Ca has a lot more than a just tech.
the weather and beaches are a huge reason for living in CA and that will always attract a lot of talent. Detroit didn’t have much else going for it.
It’s the same as nyc. It is on the decline but will always remain strong because of a large talent base nearby. COVID and wfh will hurt it some, as will increased taxes. To what extent, we shall see.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:14 AM

5,982 posts, read 2,940,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

The wealthy are leaving liberal areas because republican run areas (that they move to) cater to the wealthy. How is thst not directly relevant to this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies