Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 11:13 AM

14,796 posts, read 17,786,621 times

Advertisements

TN is one of the reddest states md has no income tax. Makes sense for this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 11:15 AM

13,560 posts, read 10,418,268 times
I'm from California, I'm moving here, and I'm here to convert you!

(Watch the locals go into a meltdown mode)

Old 10-04-2020, 11:29 AM

26,321 posts, read 13,236,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Shapiro is moving to Nashville -- it's blue.

Why not move to Tulsa if that's why he's moving?
TN no state income tax, and many parts of Nashville are Red.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:17 PM

19,339 posts, read 17,270,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, perhaps people don't want to have those boogie men back in office, don't want to return to the time before.
Don't want to stay with what we have, tired of every argument having the ghosts of offices past as the main complaints, their not in office argue the here and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This drifts too far off topic, or I'd answer more fully, but for now....Guiliani.
Not off topic but you answer is, Guilliani is another page from the history books, he left the mayors office in 2001, 19 years ago.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:36 PM

20,119 posts, read 9,650,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yep, the CA people are destroying Colorado. I feel so bad for the old school residents there that enjoy hiking, skiing and outdoors, but now they are dealing with super high prices for everything and more democratic ways that will just turn it into the CA of that region. Shame, but they are moving out all over and destroying everywhere. I wish they would stay put!
Yes, IMO, and I lived in Colorado for 30 years prior to moving to Wisconsin three months ago, and that is about 30% of the reason we left. (The main reason was because we wanted to live in a beautiful four-seasons climate in a rural community.)

I predict that most of the Colorado land area will remain rural except for the Front Range, and the wealthy will live in safe and affluent neighborhoods, and the poor will congregate to the cities and make a mess of them, just like L.A. and San Francisco. Democrats will continue to increase in power, and the rural people and the hard-working upper-lower and middle classes will have the choice of either (1) not having their voices heard (almost like taxation without representation), or (2) moving to another state if they can.

Before moving, my husband and I had not gone to downtown Denver is several years, even though we lived less than 20 miles from it, and this is why. (Don't watch if you are a liberal who is easily offended.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbF...ture=emb_title

Old 10-04-2020, 03:20 PM

47,086 posts, read 26,206,973 times
Ben Shapiro leaving is good news. I'm deeply in favor of that.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:50 PM

900 posts, read 378,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yep, the CA people are destroying Colorado. I feel so bad for the old school residents there that enjoy hiking, skiing and outdoors, but now they are dealing with super high prices for everything and more democratic ways that will just turn it into the CA of that region. Shame, but they are moving out all over and destroying everywhere. I wish they would stay put!
Before the people of California moved to Colorado ... the state was just an insignificant place with the same importance as Kansas ... people lived mediocre lives ... without a big economy, without good jobs, people who lived a monotonous life without great prospects, at that time the brilliant people needed to leave the state because there was no future for them in Colorado ... it was the Californian immigrants who changed the history of the state, they brought the money, and the money provided new business ... changed the local economy, they made Denver a great economic and culturally important city for America. They put Colorado on the map.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:45 AM

6,508 posts, read 4,130,056 times
So Ben Shapiro was bashing liberals for the better part of a decade, and only decided to live the liberal haven of California in 2020. It's like Alex Jones trashing liberals from Austin. Don't tell me Tucker Carlson's entire family lives in California too.

They keep saying stuff like I live in California, it's so bad here, but non of them actually leaving till now. At least Ben finally put his money where his mouth is. It reminds me of Paul Joseph Watson who only lived in London and L.A, and bashes both of them. If their so bad, why doesn't he just move to Glasgow or Newcastle or Tulsa.

Ben Shapiro going to Nashville is hilarious in it's own right. I thought he was trying to leave the preppy liberals behind.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:30 AM

33,499 posts, read 12,761,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
TN no state income tax, and many parts of Nashville are Red.
Full no state income tax doesn’t start in TN for another 88 days (1/1/21).

It used to be just no state income tax on wages, and then TN decided to phase out the Hall Tax (on non wage income). The phaseout ends 12/31/20.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:13 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,217,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Republican run areas are better for the ultra-wealthy? We already knew this. That the GOP caters only to the wealthy is why people are running away from that party
It is the other way around. The taxes are so high in the liberal state that price out middle income earners.

Consider NYC, the property tax doubled in 10 years. I spoke to mr friends and uncles and they said properly tax is quickly approaching 10k.

NJ is the same. A 4/2 home property tax is over 10k. In a nicer neighborhood would be 14k.

Just to be clear, property tax just one of the many other taxes imposed to us in the liberal states. No wonder people are leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies