Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 01:24 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Where is the substance? What does she propose to do?

What do Republicans ever propose to do?

There is a reason most large cities have gone over to the Democrats, and it is no conspiracy. Conservative Republicans do not address the core issues these people face. I remember very well when Republicans were competitive in most major cities all over the country. They lost that competitive edge, they lost it all on their own ... but why?

Democrats try. Republicans do not.

Blaming the Democrats for the city's problems is like blaming the doctor when you have a chronic condition. The one trying to help didn't create the problems, but they will attempt to resolve them anyway.

To be clear, most of the ailments of the inner cities can be traced to factories moving out of the city, often out of the state, and often leaving dangerous abandoned structures behind. There is no law that can stop that. Companies don't want to invest in demolition of older structures and replacing them in the same city with the same employees, they look at reinvestment as an opportunity to clear out and leave their mistakes and liabilities behind.

Job opportunities subsequently dwindle as does the tax base and eventually the average wage falls as people scramble to get whatever work they can scratch up, bankruptcies follow. The larger businesses mostly leave cities for the smaller towns (sometimes to suburbs, sometimes across the state and sometimes hundreds of miles further). I have been a part of that myself in companies I worked for and I know how that goes.

The ownership of the larger businesses almost universally support the Republican party. They get real estate tax credits for new construction in a rural location and can pay the farmers non-union lower wages and flimsier benefits too. The companies don't give a damn about the cities they left behind, and if we were all being honest neither do you Trumpies posting here.

So I ask again, what does she propose to do for Baltimore? Here she proposes nothing, it's just a promotional video to use as a fundraiser from out of state donors with no substance nor policy proposals. This is just another version of Trump's "what have you got to lose?" from the last election. Well Trump's had almost four years, he never proposed an economic plan to revitalize the cities his people live in and he's effectively done nothing.
You might want to rethink your "Democrats try" position, because we can ALL see that if that's supposedly "trying," Democrats are colossal failures and are doing nothing but further harming Blacks.

Hell, even Obama in his pre-politician stint as a Chicago "community organizer" accomplished nothing productive. Nothing.

And I'm just flat out LOLing at you for thinking Bezos, Big Tech, et al, are Trump supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 01:32 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If the problems have supposedly been addressed by the Democrat leadership, why are the inner-cities still crime- and poverty-ridden hell holes? Why is all the worst violence in Democrat-run cities?
Like I said crime is cut in half and crime isn't the only issue, less crime is less crime and residents feel that impact. For example while D.C is normally seen with a negative light, bordering Prince George's County, is not only blacker than D.C, it is safer than D.C and has more black people outright than D.C and has been growing leaps and bounds in the right direction over the last 30 years. Crime is also dropping there, in absolute numbers with a larger black population.

The Black population has a growing suburbanite contingent in America and the suburbs even poor ones are generally better than the cities. Many of these positive changes are happening under the Democrat watch, their not rapid progress but progress nonetheless. Just in my family under mostly democrats, I went from living in a house that cost 140,000 and appreciated to 180,000 by the time it was sold in elementary, and by the end of high school my parents owned multiple properties and lived in a home just under a million dollars. All of that was under Obama, and until they moved local politicians were democrats, and my parents were voting for democrats.
Now neither me or my parents attribute their success to politicians, but it surely didn't hurt them.

The area they live now is only getting more diverse, including black residents and it's only getting wealthier as well. Look up Fort Bend County, it's only 32% White, 21% Black, 25% Hispanic and 21% Asian, and it's the 2nd Wealthiest County in Texas and voted Hillary in 2016.

Clearly the thousands, soon to be over a million minorities here including over 100,000 black folk have seen prosperity underneath democratic leadership.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:36 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You might want to rethink your "Democrats try" position, because we can ALL see that if that's supposedly "trying," Democrats are colossal failures and are doing nothing but further harming Blacks.

Hell, even Obama in his pre-politician stint as a Chicago "community organizer" accomplished nothing productive. Nothing.

And I'm just flat out LOLing at you for thinking Bezos, Big Tech, et al, are Trump supporters.
Where did he say Big Tech, just because Big Tech backs the Donkeys doesn't mean big companies aren't generally pro-Republican. It's a key part of your base. Hence why Democrats had/have union workers. OF course politics is an ever changing space but why are you pretending that this isn't true.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:38 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Where did he say Big Tech, just because Big Tech backs the Donkeys doesn't mean big companies aren't generally pro-Republican. It's a key part of your base. Hence why Democrats had/have union workers. OF course politics is an ever changing space but why are you pretending that this isn't true.
Name a few yourself and see who they support.

Here's a start:

Biden locks in Wall Street funding as Lasry, Effron back the former VP - CNBC

Wall Street backs Biden’s pick of Kamala Harris as Democratic VP - CNBC

Last edited by InformedConsent; 08-18-2020 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 01:43 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
She has zero chance, she lost the April 28 election to the democrat by 50 points. That is Cummings' old seat
They must love the same old crap then. Some people will never get a clue.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:47 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I guess not everyone recognizes the problem.

The problem is hopelessness.

I wonder what she plans to do about that, except bad mouth the other party without actually pointing to any of their policies she would change.
And what led to that hopelessness? You think it just magically happened overnight. If dems can’t make changes for the better than that is on them. If people in that area are clueless and keep voting the same even though nothing has changed for the better in decades than they deserve it.

And that was only one commercial. I’m sure she has plans but sounds like you’ve already made up your mind anyway.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
She has nice legs...

Old 08-18-2020, 01:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
They made a point of showing a shot of nothing but her legs and I made a point to noticing them too !!!

Old 08-18-2020, 01:55 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Kim's question was "Do you care about black lives"?

The answer is "NO", they only care a lot about black votes.

Blacks are wising up to the Dems lies. 50 years of voting for Dems, and the blacks have very little to show for it.

I hope Trump gets 15% of the black vote, & wins the electoral college with 271 votes. That would be priceless.

Old 08-18-2020, 01:56 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Awesome and 100% correct! It's unfortunate the Republicans will not take advantage of this moment in time we are in. They should stop being wussies, get off their butts and join this woman.
It's not so much the republicans, it's the mainstream media that isn't giving them any air time. Kim's video is all over the Trump and Republican twitter pages with tons of support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies