Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,730,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Not true, and not a talking point of MSNBC. But there's good chance that when someone make comments like "beaners just taking up space"---like the poster I was addressing did---he/she is a racist. That's critical thinking skills, dude.
Well that post was(I think) addressed to someone else, but his posts aren't there anymore.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:09 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,490,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Been there, done that, and pursuing my doctorate right now. Passed the written and oral prelim, just working on my dissertation (part of why I was out of touch for a few weeks as we were conducting a study and a conference). Wish me luck!
Sorry I can't wish luck on you since you are anti-America. Hard to believe someone in college would be so foolish. Sorry about being so blunt.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,467,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sorry I can't wish luck on you since you are anti-America. Hard to believe someone in college would be so foolish. Sorry about being so blunt.
The other poster IS NOT anti American

Old 01-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The other poster IS NOT anti American
How do you know? Anyone willing to kill Americans in a radical overthrow of our government is clearly anti-American in my book.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,407,364 times
During the Hungarian revolution, patriots killed government officials and police who supported the government. History records that NO ONE has sympathy for the AVH or other government goons during that time.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,467,794 times
Quote:
How do you know? Anyone willing to kill Americans in a radical overthrow of our government is clearly anti-American in my book.
And ANYONE who tries to limit ones freedom of speech - for instance by telling that other person they "better watch what you are saying or else I'm going to turn you in" (anyone you know do this recently??) is anti American in my book

Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,309,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
During the Hungarian revolution, patriots killed government officials and police who supported the government. History records that NO ONE has sympathy for the AVH or other government goons during that time.
Another ludicrous analogy.

So, Summers, was the election of the Mátyás regime the result of free and popular election? Well of course not! The reality is that your argument is closer to the Stalinist of the Hungarian Communist Party than any democratic faction within Hungary since clearly the popular choice of the people could not be respected.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And ANYONE who tries to limit ones freedom of speech - for instance by telling that other person they "better watch what you are saying or else I'm going to turn you in" (anyone you know do this recently??) is anti American in my book
I didn't rat out anyone [unlike other posters] but will notify the FBI if these radicals continue to plan treason against America.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,310,106 times
Quote:
I didn't rat out anyone [unlike other posters] but will notify the FBI if these radicals continue to plan treason against America.
trea⋅son – the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Treason is a relative term. I find the federal government to be treasonous to the fundamentals of our constitution. They have betrayed the trust and confidence of the American people, and actively employ treachery to convince us of some sort of necessity to spend more money or abuse our military for world conquest.

I am sorry you believe god wants you to defend your country even when it violates the rights of its citizens, seizes property, creates usury out of the inflation of the dollar, and misuses its power and position to lie us into a war that has done far more damage than any good. And you have the supposedly free media who only care about "their guy". Its silly that now the democrats are the warmongers and the Republicans are complaining about it? The whole damn system is corrupt to the core, and you are telling me how it is unpatriotic for me to pass around the idea of trying to return our country to liberty, true liberty. And then threatening me as if I am some kind of criminal.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-05-2010 at 08:42 PM..

Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM

303 posts, read 566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
trea⋅son – the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Treason is a relative term. I find the federal government to be treasonous to the fundamentals of our constitution. They have betrayed the trust and confidence of the American people, and actively employ treachery to convince us of some sort of necessity to spend more money or abuse our military for world conquest.

I am sorry you believe god wants you to defend your country even when it violates the rights of its citizens, seizes property, creates usury out of the inflation of the dollar, and misuses its power and position to lie us into a war that has done far more damage than any good. And you have the supposedly free media who only care about "their guy". Its silly that now the democrats are the warmongers and now the Republicans are complaining about it? The whole damn system is corrupt to the core, and you are telling me how it is unpatriotic for me to pass around the idea of trying to return our country to liberty, true liberty. And then threatening me as if I am some kind of criminal.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Hmmm, Californio Sur...definitely Hispanic. I wonder what that means...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies