Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,705 times

Advertisements

We should increase taxes and lower government spending... This gravy train isn't going to go on forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,642,081 times
Term limits because we’re all apparently too stupid to vote these self-serving, opportunistic, power mongers out of office on a regular basis. It boggles my mind how we can have such an abysmal public opinion of congress and keep electing these same stooges.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:10 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Love it. Welcome to the Wide World of Entitlement!!!!!! Sad isn't it?
Yup. And I think people fly off their collective rockers trying to defend that position without even understanding what true rights are. Its like watching someone fly off the handle trying to explain why they know the sky is red and not blue.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
If the sjw ruled over America. I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, for being a straight male, even though I'm a person of color, I'm also a direct descendent of patriarchal white males. Thus the sjw will excommunicate me, or disown me.

If the feminist ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen for my views and for being a male.

If the pro blacks rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology and my views on race, as well as not being a black ally.

If the alt right rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my views.

If the white nationalist rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology and not being white enough to be part of the white race as a mulatto.

If the Christian protestant right ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen for being a catholic and thus being an agent of Rome.

If mgtow rules over America as have some sort I state like Gilead in hand made tale. I would be a 2nd class citizen due to m differences of views on women.

Those echo chambers which I have mentioned pose a grave threat to individual Americans who are not collective as them as don't share a common ideology.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:21 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
POTUS does not control gas prices or the stock market

Old 06-28-2019, 01:27 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
" I like Trump as a president. "

is unpopular enough. Need I say more?

Old 06-28-2019, 01:36 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That the current Christian Right is the greatest threat to our nation, our freedom, and our planet that the world has ever seen. They have given up all of their principles to get their revenge on the left and the secular world after losing the gay marriage battle.
Stilted view given your personal perceptions and your curren location.

Outside of Islamic countries, OK would just about be the last state/ country you should live in.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:37 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,780 times
There is no way in the 1700's the founding fathers could have contemplated assault rifles, the internet, cars, or that the ice caps would melt. He!!, they couldn't have even contemplated that their grandkids would not own slaves.

Due to all those things and more, the constitution needs to be re-written, or GREATLY changed. Why do we worship such an antiquated set of rules as biblical scripture? We, in fact, don't even worship actual scripture as much.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:38 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
We should have stayed out of WW1. If Germany had won that war, there quite possibly wouldn't have been a WWII, and Adolf Hitler would have lived his life as an unknown commercial artist.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:42 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
I believe people will be replaced by automation in more than 50% of current jobs and careers. Once a computer is successfully programmed to "create" based on basic commands issued to a close degree (doesn't have to be as good) you only need humans to tidy it up a bit.

Imagine if you could give some basic vague ideas to your computer and it would spit out a new invention that is fully ready for manufacture. We already have computers making fake voices and realistic facial images that sound and look human. A single computer will have the computing power to run a fully automated McDonalds or a Wal Mart with the greatest of ease. And since it does not sleep or take breaks humans will not be needed except to keep the machines running.

And if computer can deep fake everything, do we then stop believing our own eyes and ears?

Last edited by Daryl_G; 06-28-2019 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies