Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 07:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,657,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Mules are for the small timers.....independents and little guys.

Real Narcos have deals with manufacturing plants, multi-national corporations, Law Enforcement, Airlines and their own fleets of planes, boats...and tunnels.

As we speak, millions of doses of every drug known to man are in the US Mail. Really. Why use people?

It is illegal for the post office to search packages without probably cause.

Also, drugs are sent from all over the world to the USA and elsewhere...by China Post, British Post and every other form known to man. Does anyone think that customs checks the millions of packages from China that contain that $4 gadget you purchased online?

One local Home Depot Warehouse found vast amounts in one vanity. I'm sure many container shippers have such deals going.

It seems like many of you fell off the turnip truck yesterday, so to speak. This is a big world and millions of packages are in transit every hour....all automated and bulk-packed. No one checks them.

A word of advice to wall lovers. Stay with the "it's part of comprehensive immigration reform" rather than throwing up all the drugs, duct taped children, bad terrorists and the like. Make it normal and more people will give you cred.
When this topic comes up, I dont think alot of people realize the scale, the cartels are literally supplying the entire country...that is every small city to large city, with 1000s of dealers per state at any given time, the logistics that make this work so smoothly Im sure would surprise most folks on here.

Plus, in all the years I spent using drugs, I never once saw a time when there was a shortage or lull in the supply, there was always plenty to go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 07:56 AM

63,069 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The last one that tried it? How do you know he was the last one to try, or tunnel. You have no idea.

BTW, did you know that we pay the medical bills of people who are injured climbing over the wall, including that guy who broke his legs and back? Just another way border walls cost us money.

The fact is other than this one incident illegals are not even trying to get into our country via the good walls. Everything being reported had been via the inferior fencing. Remain in denial if you wish.

Oh I see, let's not enforce any of our laws because the perpetrator might get injured. American thieves often get shot by the police and we'd have to pay their medical bills so let's just remove the laws against theft. Liberal logic 101!

Old 02-02-2019, 09:14 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,358,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
According to the latest data available, while the largest amounts of drugs overall were seized in between the ports of entry, the overwhelming majority of those seizures by Border Patrol agents is for marijuana, which is cheaper and less strong than other narcotics.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ry/2517586002/

Looks like it comes through everywhere. So, we should do everything we can.
Good article. Trump assertions like: During a press conference Friday in the White House Rose Garden, Trump went so far as to claim that "drugs are pouring into this country," but that "they don’t go through the ports of entry" come across like an outright lie.

Still, if Trump could do numbers he might have tried a statistical sleight-of-hand.

Marijuana comes in volume - the weed-thing - which is why the bales behind Trump at the Mission, TX photo op looked so menacing.

Is it worth building a wall for marijuana? Per the data: Volumes seized in 2012 were one-third of the 2017 amount. These cartel guys, for heaven's sake, are doing market research:

Quote:
"When there's places here in the U.S. that you can get it (marijuana), I think it sends the message to the organizations that are smuggling marijuana that there is just not a need for that commodity any more," Rodolfo Karisch, the chief agent for Border Patrol's Tucson Sector, told The Arizona Republic last year.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When this topic comes up, I dont think alot of people realize the scale, the cartels are literally supplying the entire country...that is every small city to large city, with 1000s of dealers per state at any given time, the logistics that make this work so smoothly Im sure would surprise most folks on here.

Plus, in all the years I spent using drugs, I never once saw a time when there was a shortage or lull in the supply, there was always plenty to go around.
To paraphrase James Carville: It's the roads stupid. And Trump is proposing to build a whole lot more all along the border with our tax dollars.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I bet this is the main method they use to get the bulk of the drug supply into the US, the drug cartels have an unlimited budget, so anything is possible for them.
Drones now would be used for only a minuscule amount. Hard drugs are too valuable to risk.

But drones could well be a future threat. Hard drugs - the ones that kill - are lighter in weight (less volume).

The Chinese are out manufacturing us on the world market while the cartels have their engineers at work in Mexican factories perfecting drones. (The early ones came from China but perhaps the cartels have product-specific criteria. Joking here, sort of.)

No doubt this is dramatic but I had this image the other day of drones sailing over the US border while far below Trump has the military putting together a wall.

Trump sells images; he's just out of date.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,657,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Drones now would be used for only a minuscule amount. Hard drugs are too valuable to risk.

But drones could well be a future threat. Hard drugs - the ones that kill - are lighter in weight (less volume).

The Chinese are out manufacturing us on the world market while the cartels have their engineers at work in Mexican factories perfecting drones. (The early ones came from China but perhaps the cartels have product-specific criteria. Joking here, sort of.)

No doubt this is dramatic but I had this image the other day of drones sailing over the US border while far below Trump has the military putting together a wall.

Trump sells images; he's just out of date.
This is somewhat accurate, hard drugs like heroin do have a very high street value ( when I stopped using a couple years ago, it was around $120-160 per gram for brown powder heroin)...

But its value in bulk is not really that high (if you look at it from a product point of view), it comes from a plant that is easy to grow, and its not that difficult to produce and package for sale.

Heroin really only becomes super valuable once it reaches the dealers and end users.So a BIG bust of heroin doesnt really impact the cartels that much, they can just keep cranking more out. it cheap to make it.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
This is somewhat accurate, hard drugs like heroin do have a very high street value ( when I stopped using a couple years ago, it was around $120-160 per gram for brown powder heroin)...

But its value in bulk is not really that high (if you look at it from a product point of view), it comes from a plant that is easy to grow, and its not that difficult to produce and package for sale.

Heroin really only becomes super valuable once it reaches the dealers and end users.So a BIG bust of heroin doesnt really impact the cartels that much, they can just keep cranking more out. it cheap to make it.
Maybe the value issue becomes the street value working backwards, that includes the cost of the distribution network etc.

Anyhow, that's always been one of the supposed reasons why sending drugs off with illegal immigrants (other than marijuana) is not the pattern. Some of the cost may well be the risk to the cartel itself (informants etc.) There needs to be a tightly organized distribution network, which is expensive.

I get the impression that marijuana's been handled somewhat separately - hence the earlier pattern of small-scale mules etc.

Kuddos to you for getting off the stuff. Too many don't have the fortitude. My next door neighbors - both wonderful people, the real deal - both died in their 50s due to vicotin addictions.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:10 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Maybe the value issue becomes the street value working backwards, that includes the cost of the distribution network etc.

Anyhow, that's always been one of the supposed reasons why sending drugs off with illegal immigrants (other than marijuana) is not the pattern. Some of the cost may well be the risk to the cartel itself (informants etc.) You need a high return to justify the risk.

Kuddos to you for getting off the stuff. Too many don't have the fortitude. My next door neighbors - both wonderful people, the real deal - both died in their 50s due to vicotin addictions.
Would you happen to know how they became addicted to Vicodin, and if they died due to overdoses?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:14 AM

13,248 posts, read 21,872,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I was just responding to your skewed logic. Sorry (not sorry) that you don't like it.

Wow..just...wow SMH.

Just admit that you want open borders.

BTW, I'm not a republican. Assume much do you? When the RNC called us and asked us to join, I gave them an earful.
LOL, right! Who do you think you're fooling? You may not be registered Republican but you sure as hell vote that way and support them in this forum. How many times have you made the following posts almost verbatim? Dozens? Hundreds?

Quote:
My, my, my how condescending of you. You, as a Hillary supporter, have no claim to the high ground. Or are you telling us that those 47% who don't pay taxes suddenly all became Trump voters? Gimme a break.

Some advice for you --- Trump won. Hillary lost. Suck it up and deal---just like us who didn't vote for Obama had to do. We also didn't riot and destroy property. If you don't deal with it, you are going to have a very rough 4 (hopefully 8) years ahead of you.

Quote:
Your idol, Hillary, lost. Get over it. Suck it up and deal. If those of us who didn't vote for Obama were able to suck it up and deal, you can, too. If you don't, you're going to have a very hard 4 (hopefully 8) years ahead.
Quote:
However, Trump won the election. Get over it. Suck it up and deal with it, like those of us who didn't vote for Obama had to do. If you don't suck it up and deal with it, you are going to have a very rough 4 years ahead---possibly even 8 years.

That's all I have to say...

I'm a democrat and at least I have the guts to admit it. Be honest for once. It won't kill you and maybe you'll feel better about yourself.

Last edited by kdog; 02-02-2019 at 10:25 AM..

Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Would you happen to know how they became addicted to Vicodin, and if they died due to overdoses?
It started with pain issues. Back issues for the man. Undiagnosed osteomalacia and multiple bone fractures for the woman. The descent was beyond painful. We shared walls ... they were very kind to my daughter ... so I was very much there, helping with the various emergencies.

F (the wife) died first; her husband (M) later. F's was an overdose, maybe deliberate maybe not. Her husband never recovered and was found dead in his car about 5 years later.

M. was diagnosed with cognitive dysfunction from the vicodin. F. must have been suffering from the same. Probably shouldn't go further with details but it was painful to watch highly educated capable people gradually becoming incompetent with a former loving relationship in shreds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies