Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 4 days ago)

35,906 posts, read 18,209,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Heard someone being interviewed today who's worrying about paying his mortgage this month.

I wonder if anyone can document how many people will be hurt.
I'm wondering that too. People who work hard, and aren't being paid, who might lose their homes, or be unable to buy food or pay their utility bill, over this silliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 07:47 PM

8,903 posts, read 4,630,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think disbursement schedules vary from state to state. I am, however, pretty sure that part of the beginning-of-the-month rush at stores is also due to when people get their Social Security. {snip}

Nope. SS deposit are made on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Wednesday of the month, based on the day of birth in the month. 1>10 get checks on the 2nd Wednesday, etc. Folks who started getting SS in 1997 or earlier get their checks on the 3rd day of the month. Rules are also different for folks on disability.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:55 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,173,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And? Maybe it'll help people become self reliant and quit the tit.
Yeah, see how well you interview when your stomach is violently growling in front of the interviewers and you can't even coherently answer questions because all you can think about is food.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:04 PM

9,491 posts, read 10,859,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Or children will go hungry.
If the lioness comes back without a kill then the cubs go hungry. Same with people....work or your young will not eat. I am tired of all these leeches, really tired of hearing children used as an excuse for the endless handouts. Some of these folks are just parasites upon society.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Bending over and giving people free stuff out of fear is also incredibly wrong weak and stupid. Welfare is for ppl who need a leg up not angry degenerates.
No, it's being realistic.

Don't even try to pretend you'd remain a law abiding citizen if you were desperately hungry and had no way to afford food. You'd be an "angry degenerate" within days.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If the lioness comes back without a kill then the cubs go hungry. Same with people....work or your young will not eat. I am tired of all these leeches, really tired of hearing children used as an excuse for the endless handouts. Some of these folks are just parasites upon society.
Sounds just like something Jesus would say.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:26 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,796,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That doesn't really make sense. If you fully, legally qualified then you qualified. If you didn't, then you didn't.
I had major surgery then almost died from complications. All was documented. I could not work at that time and had massive medical bills. I had money, but not enough to cover the medical bills. If I got food stamps, I could divert that amount to paying down the medical bills. I was told that that was fine but the woman told me that I didn't look that sick, so I should just get up off my butt and get a job.

The result was making minimal payments on the medical debt so that I could buy food and therefore trashing my credit.

If someone is getting food stamps, they have a worse situation than I had. I absolutely could not work at that time.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:33 PM

32,177 posts, read 15,177,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How many times have we heard liberals laughing at the plight of hard working farmers who can't sell their soybeans? No sympathy given to dairy farmers who enjoy the privilege of selling their product at a loss. It's funny because these folks are conservatives, and likely Trump supporters, according to libs. How many liberal talking heads have we heard from wishing the stock market would crash on Trump's watch, just so it makes him look bad?

Some people don't try, and complain when they accomplish nothing. Not much you can do to help those types. But laughing at the plight of people who work their tail off, and still fall behind... That's as low as it gets.

Keep falling for the divide and conquer play America. I'm sure you'll get a prize eventually for all your effort... Just not a prize you're going to like or want.
What Democrats were laughing at farmers. And who were the ones who wanted the stock market to crash under Trump.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:36 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,796,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What Democrats were laughing at farmers. And who were the ones who wanted the stock market to crash under Trump.
The ones in his imagination.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:37 PM

29,937 posts, read 25,060,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Bill Maher said early on that he wanted to see the market crash so we could get rid of Trump. Many democrats on this forum belittled the plight of the farmers. Many said they deserve their misfortune because they likely voted for Trump. Thankfully, Trump did come through with a farm bill to help struggling farmers effected by the trade war. Dems were bitter, angry and full of hatred toward their fellow Americans, as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies