Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 10:59 AM

18,641 posts, read 16,121,878 times

Advertisements

>Democrats say they don't want a wall

Democrats have said they don't want the U.S. to pay for building another wall.

Do a crowdfunding thing, raise the $$, if you have the money you can build the wall! What's stopping you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 11:05 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,232,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?

The Wall no longer matters. Only one thing matters now: Trump's felonies. He will either resign or be impeached. He will likely be indicted. The election payments crime is only the tip of the iceberg. The chickens are coming home to roost. Trump is toast.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:06 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,633,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
1 no he did not. YOU might think that but that is only your feels, not a fact.

2 You had TWO YEARS with complete power all three branches completely under your control and your own PARTY refused to fund it. Republicans REFUSED TO FUND IT..

3 you are trying to blame dems, for Trump's failure to get his own party to fund the wall.... pretty weak sauce dude.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You couldn't be more wrong because the wall Trump is asking for is congress' wall that they approved back in 2006 but never funded nor built. How is a physical barrier already proven to work only "symbolic"? Why aren't the Democrats tough on illegal immigration (you left out the word illegal ). The wall is a part of the solution to illegal immigration and no there aren't more effective ways to deal with border security. The wall would be on the border, duh.
That should tell you something. Neither side wants to pay for the wall. They like their cheap labor.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Oh I'm dead serious. What's your evidence? What are your statistics? In the world of reality there is actually a net outflow of illegal undocumented immigrants. Net migration to the U.S. from Mexico has been zero for years now, at least since 2014.

The entire second paragraph of your post is strawman fluff, so there's no need for me to address it.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Wow, just when you thought you'd heard all the juvenile attacks possible then here comes more. Can I borrow your crystal ball that tells you that the wall won't be built. I need the winning lottery numbers for Saturday night.

Foolish wall? It was approved by congress back in 2006. Were you screaming "foolish wall" back then? I doubt it!
As it was never funded changes are great that it never will be. No wall!

Old 12-14-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
If that's so then they are either too stupid to research the effectiveness of the good walls or are bleeding heart liberals who don't care if the flow of illegals continue regardless of how bad that is for our country and it's citizens in so many ways.
He can't get enough Republicans to vote for the wall. Funny, how you forget to mention that.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:29 PM

63,553 posts, read 29,679,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
As it was never funded changes are great that it never will be. No wall!

Why is it great not to build a wall that has already proven to be a very effective tool to deter illegal entry? Don't reply back to me if you're going to come back with the nonsense that walls don't work or it's too costly or "but, but, but Mexico is supposed to pay for it". I don't want to hear any more of that BS as I have debunked all of it over and over in here.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He can't get enough Republicans to vote for the wall. Funny, how you forget to mention that.

Why should I? I'm well aware that some Republicans won't vote for the wall but the fact is that it's mostly the Democrats that wont'! With a little help from them the wall funding would pass. Try again!

Old 12-14-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do Trump supporters understand that Mr. Trump promised Mexico would pay for said wall? Don't go coming to the tax payers to fund the wall.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies