Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2018, 08:38 PM

63,444 posts, read 29,458,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That is the only thing that is correct in the OP. If Trumpers held their breath until the wall was built it might be a good idea. It would be quieter, at least. The wall is a dead issue.

Trump gave it very little thought in the beginning and tossed it out like Trumper Chow to his pets. Then he had to come up with a scheme to pay for it so threw out the Mexico funding idea — more mindless Trumper Chow. Now he’s in a hole because he couldn’t convince the GOP Congress to pay for it. So it’s tantum time at the White House...he’s dumb enough to think that Americans would favor shutting down the Government as extortion to get his foolish wall.

Wow, just when you thought you'd heard all the juvenile attacks possible then here comes more. Can I borrow your crystal ball that tells you that the wall won't be built. I need the winning lottery numbers for Saturday night.

Foolish wall? It was approved by congress back in 2006. Were you screaming "foolish wall" back then? I doubt it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 08:45 PM

16,252 posts, read 10,933,167 times
Live and dream OG, that’s what you’re good at.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 PM

719 posts, read 709,246 times
[quote=BigCityDreamer;53865297]I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?[/ Really?? All Demoncrats want is power and control, it's not about what the people want.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:51 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,459,317 times
[quote=Mistoftime;53871655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?[/ Really??
Again, Trump ran on the fact that Mexico would pay for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ys-trump-video

Old 12-12-2018, 08:51 PM

32,277 posts, read 15,230,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the mere fact that Dems are bringing back 80 year old Pelosi as their leader shows how feckless the Party has become. Trump can bully those 2 ineffective clowns into submission.

watch and learn
Pelosi is a skilled and knowledgeable politician who won't be bullied by anyone. Trump had his chance to build the wall when his party controlled it all. But he still couldn't get the wall built. And you think it's going be built now with democrats controlling the house lol Good luck with that.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:21 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,817,969 times
[quote=KayAnn246;53871670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post

Again, Trump ran on the fact that Mexico would pay for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ys-trump-video
Mexico will pay dearly for it....

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-year-are-sent

26 billion a years worth.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:49 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,039,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That's not why I voted for Trump.

But it is clear that Democrats are going to oppose Trump on 100% of anything that he does.
You're right. I oppose a president's constant lying, vacationing, rallying, and using our tax dollars as a no limit American Express card that he can run up as much as he wants. I oppose a president who has no sense of obligation or duty to the American people or his job. I oppose a president whose ignorant, embarrassing, rude, obnoxious behavior has made America a laughingstock to the world. I would oppose any man who behaves like that, and any other decent individual would oppose such a person also.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:00 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,599,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I mean, the issue is not really up for debate anymore. Trump ran his campaign on building the Wall, and that is why he got elected.

So, why are Democrats trying to oppose Trump on this?
Did it escape you that he did not win the popular vote? The majority of Americans don't care about a wall.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:59 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,612,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It says that liberal, progressive Democrats can't get over Trump won, and Hillary lost convincingly. It also says Democrats are stuck in a utopian, fantasyland.
Trump won because he lied. Any sane person knew he was lying.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:04 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,417,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump won because of evangelical Christian rage about same-sex marriage, transgender issues, and the perceived increasing hostility under Obama to traditional Judeo-Christian values. I've heard numerous people say things like "Trump won the night Obama lit up the White House rainbow."

That's not to say anti-immigration sentiment isn't a big part of Trump's base. I think the wall does have something to do with Trump's popularity but its part of a larger picture. Trump represents this idea of an America that is white, Christian, and patriarchal. The wall is a part of that because it helps keep the outsiders out. Honestly what scares me most about Trump and Trumpism is this growing idea that people who aren't white, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian aren't "real Americans."
Hard for you to be this wrong in such a short writeup.

Quite simply, Trump won because of two things:
1. He was a better choice than Hillary Rodham Clinton
2. He was a chance to vote for an anti establishment candidate for the first time ever. A chance to finally try things a new way with a businessman (even with all his flaws) running things rather than a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies