Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times

Advertisements

We have a huge population of mentally ill people in this country and some of them take statements like the presidents literally. That's what some of you just don't get.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
The usual, one nut represents the whole of the Right but ten thousand nuts do not represent the left...

Old 10-23-2018, 10:42 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
OP bought it, hook, line and sinker.

Confirmation bias is a birch.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:44 PM

574 posts, read 383,141 times
Bringing politics into something that shouldnt be... politicizing sexual assault more than it already is?? stay classy, folks :/

Old 10-24-2018, 05:42 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
This sounds more like what Al Franken did..not Trump..am i right?
Mr. Franken didn't actually touch the woman in the photo where he posed having his hands above her bosom. Then a couple of others claimed he had "touched them inappropriately", while taking a fan photo with him. (My feeling is that as he had reached his arm around them, no telling their size, he pressed against a part of them, unintentionally. Then depending upon the type of female, had made a weak claim about).

I've just never been able to equate his supposed actions with others who had claims made against them during that same period. I am a female and supportive of women experiencing any actual incidents by men, of which there are many, but believe that what occurred for Al Franker was a confused mess during a heightened period in which he was mistakenly included (though, should not have even posed that way over a sleeping female, as a joke).

As a real man though, he resigned over this, unlike another who has been accused of performing worse acts than described in this airplane story, upon sleeping women or sitting next to in a club, or just taking whatever he wanted from a woman at any time, having had several believable accusations of. (It helps that the "Access Hollywood recording" supports his admitted intent of same behavior).

Old 10-24-2018, 05:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Holy cow, right-wingers!!!!

Your Trump idolizing is getting out of hand!!
It applies only if you're rich and famous.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
More BS from the left. If they are so confident that the majority of Americans believe Trump is unfit, why are they scrambling so frantically to accuse him of anything they can think of?

GTBTP didn't work to hurt Trump in the first election. It won't work in midterms. It won't work in 2020. Leftists Dems are living in the past.

They are desperate and I am enjoying it.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:51 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Is this guy a famous (infamous) billionaire?
No?
Then he cannot compare himself to trump, and he can't get away with what trump talked about.
Keep in mind that what someone (not just trump) talks about and actually does may be entirely different. Apparently, this guy didn't just talk, he did the deed. Trying to use the "Trump Defense" is simply stupid!

Remember the sailor who tried to use "The Hillary Defense" when he was brought up on charges for taking unauthorized pictures in a secure area? That didn't work for him, either.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:34 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Well Trump's quote included language about the women letting him do it, implying consent. If this guy is getting into legal trouble over it then I'm guessing the woman in question didn't let him do it. If you're going to live your life by sensationalized presidential quotes, I'd suggest following the entire quote.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:48 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Well Trump's quote included language about the women letting him do it, implying consent. If this guy is getting into legal trouble over it then I'm guessing the woman in question didn't let him do it. If you're going to live your life by sensationalized presidential quotes, I'd suggest following the entire quote.
Yep. Trump was pointing out the willingness of some women to "sell themselves" for money, fame, position.

Even the crass Ashley Judd made the comment concerning Harvey Weinstein as she was running out the door after turning him down, "maybe after I win an Oscar".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies