Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 04:05 PM

57,399 posts, read 26,440,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Now you're lying. Nunes said the bulk of the evidence in the FISA application was from the Russian 'dossier'. It is.

Page is not a Russian spy. I don't believe you're lying on that, just ignorant. Page worked undercover for the FBI from 2013-2016, just months before he volunteered for the Trump campaign. How could he be an important FBI employee in good standing and then be a Russian spy just months later? Does not compute.
No one said he was a Russian spy, just that he had some connections as was the case when some of his prior contacts went to jail. He needs to find better company.

How do you know what was in the FISA warrant since half of it is redacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 04:06 PM

501 posts, read 305,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So?

Plenty of never Trumpers have an "R" after their name.

Who they were appointment by means zip, nada....squat.
All four of those judges were appointed by Obama, anyway.

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/0...ma-appointees/

Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,466,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Monaghan did not recommend that any charges be levied against Page. In fact, the section of the document discussing Page never characterizes him as a conscious spy or security risk, instead framing him as a victim of Sporyshev and Podobnyy, who expressly denied that Page knew about their status as intelligence agents."

Why did FBI agents at the time not arrest or "out" him as a spy then?

"Page cooperated with the FBI in 2013 and provided them information that ultimately aided the DOJ’s successful prosecution of a third Russian spy who had worked with Sporyshev and Podobnyy (Evgeny Buryakov)"

Why would Russian intelligence trust Page after that?

I provided a list of other evidence. Now the goalposts move. LOL.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You might want to do some research:

George W. Bush nominated Rosemary Collyer to D.C. federal court, and Michael Mosman to the District of Oregon. Ann Conway was a George H.W. Bush pick to the Middle District of Florida. Ronald Reagan tapped Raymond J. Dearie.

Where in the world do you get your information?
All four were appointed to the FISC court by Obama.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,900,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
All four were appointed to the FISA court by Obama.
But they were initially appointed as judges by Republicans. What is your point?

Old 07-23-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
All four of those judges were appointed by Obama, anyway.

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/0...ma-appointees/

LOL I don't know if you are aware, but ALL 4 of them were made judges by a Republican. Obama appointed almost all of the FISA judges because they have a 7 year term. Look at your link, notice how all of them expire in 7 years? Remind me again how long presidents serve? So of course they almost all were appointed by Obama. But shocker...they were all republican appointed judges first.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But they were initially appointed as judges by Republicans. What is your point?
That all four are Obama's appointees.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Obama appointed almost all of the FISA judges because they have a 7 year term.
Yes. He appointed these four judges to the FISC. They are Obama appointees.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:17 PM

37,954 posts, read 17,970,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I provided a list of other evidence. Now the goalposts move. LOL.
My evidence refuted your vague comments. Notice how you didn't address my comments but instead tried to deflect. LOL

I just spiked the ball in the endzone. Not only did you loose, you got shut out.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Yes. He appointed these four judges to the FISC. They are Obama appointees.
They are Republican judges, appointed as judges by Republicans. Turns out I was wrong-they are NOT appointed to the FISC by Obama as I thought-and another claimed..... They might be appointed during Obamas tenure (I was right there)...but they are appointed by the chief justice of the supreme court. A Republican. Obama has NOTHING to do with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ntment_process

Quote:
The court's judges[28] are appointed solely by the Chief Justice of the United States without confirmation or oversight by the U.S. Congress.[29] This gives the chief justice the ability to appoint like-minded judges and create a court without diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies