Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 07:56 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

ICE is now in PR- VI TX etc-- .... hundreds deployed to go help in rotation - they will get back to feed your hungry souls in a few months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 08:07 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm telling you. This Sanctuary City thing is probably a bunch of local politicians being paid off by gangs. I'd check the financials of every mayor, councilman and police chief in sanctuary cities to see if any of them have extra income.
It absolutely is how Drug Cartels operate in Mexico - this is no secret. There are many news articles about this same type of Cartel/Local Politicians/Judges are operating in small Border towns in Texas. It's easy to see how it works - a police officer might make $2,000 a month, the Drug Cartel pays him $5,000 or more to facilitate the Drug operation. Many stories about Border Patrol agents, Judges, District Attorneys, Sheriffs -- all in the pay of Drug Cartels. It's not just the small towns, but cities like Houston, Chicago, L.A -- Politicians operate through Fund Raising and nobody has more money to spread around than the Drug Cartels. It's easy for them to "buy" law enforcement, politicians, Judges ..... whoever they need.

Corruption, Drug Tra cking, and Violence in Mexico |Brown University, East Tennessee State University Studies

Why would these Narco Gangs and Drug Cartels change a proven method? It's always about MONEY

Old 09-30-2017, 08:10 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not according the Democrat politicians. So from what you're saying, obviously they're out of touch with their own base too.
(I asked if there were special temporary worker visas.) Apparently both parties are out of touch with their base. I still think most Democrats and most Republicans are similar to each other. It's the leaders of the parties who are way out on the fringes.

My husband came here legally from the UK. I know it's very complicated and time consuming. I'm not against LEGAL immigration but very much against the illegal type. I'm a Democrat but the Dem leaders are too far gone on some things like immigration. The Republican leaders are too far to the right on some things.

We need leaders with good common sense--doesn't matter which party, just some decent common sense and caring about the country and its people for once instead of furthering their own careers.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:45 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you not aware that Mexicans and other Latinos enjoy the highest quotas by far for legal immigration into our country? We already have numerous worker visas. Just what jobs do we need illegal aliens for that we need in increase our worker visas for?
We don't need illegal aliens at all. We do need migrant workers, though, and workers with those skills are rarely allowed into the country legally. Astrophysicists, yes; potato sorters, no.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We don't need illegal aliens at all. We do need migrant workers, though, and workers with those skills are rarely allowed into the country legally. Astrophysicists, yes; potato sorters, no.

I seriously doubt that we need more foreign workers for any jobs.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As I thought, you have no reference or evidence to support your wishful thinking.

Some people actually want to make the illegal aliens within our borders, into legal citizens. They either overlook, or don't care, that the only thing all those people have in common, is a desire, ability, and proven record of breaking the laws of the United States.

That is hardly a qualification to become the next group of American citizens.

BTW, still no one has yet explained to me why illegal aliens should be given a higher priority for legal admission to the country, than foreigners who have legally applied for visas, filled out all the govt forms, gone through the background checks, and waited patiently for years to be granted govt permission to enter (i.e. gotten a legal permanent visa).
It is not a "want to". It is a "have to". There is no other rational solution. And at this point it is not escapable. The best the right can do is hold the existing stand off which will, if anything, make things worse.

The present raids are simply ICE grandstanding. Did you note that a number of those detained were in fact legal immigrants?

Crime impact of illegal aliens has been well explored and is positive to neutral.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:36 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
There's nothing ironic there. ICE makes it a priority to go after criminal illegals. They always have. There are enough criminal illegals to keep them busy. If they wanted to go after non criminal illegals, there would be random raids in cities like Santa Ana where 40 percent are illegal. They'd have to bring in a few dozen buses for several days in a row taking illegals away just to make a dent.
Well, apparently you missed the irony. Had L.A. just turned over the criminal aliens to ICE, they are the only ones who would have been arrested. Since they didn't, ICE ended up arresting the criminals AND some "non-criminal" illegals. Sanctuary cities were established to protect illegals. The irony is that the sanctuary policy actually ended up HURTING illegals in this case.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:04 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Great news. Glad to see the streets of Baltimore are a tiny bit safer, notwithstanding the idiocy of having a "sanctuary city" policy.
Give me a break, illegal aliens in Baltimore have every reason to be terrified of the native born population. Southeast Baltimore, where many of them live, is much improved from their presence.

Native born juveniles are driving caravans of cars through neighborhoods in Southeast (and to a lesser extent the rest of the city) identifying targets, pulling a gun on them, and then driving away with whatever they get. If they are caught they are back behind the wheel (likely not old enough to have a driver's licence) the next day. They can keep going until they turn 18. An armed robbery by a juvenile in Baltimore might earn you a stern talking to... but probably not. As far as I know, illegals have nothing to do with this - except as possible victims. Armed robberies spark concern in Southeast District - Baltimore Sun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies