Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 04:02 PM

26,681 posts, read 29,008,364 times

Advertisements

At least it's a start. Many, if not most Democrats/lefties do not support illegal immigration. We believe in obeying the laws of this country.

It's very true that American jobs are being lost to illegals and it's a travesty that some cities choose to protect these law breakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 04:23 PM

25,885 posts, read 17,665,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
............I'm totally in favor of this..in fact, I'm disappointed at the token sized numbers...when we start talking 10,000+ I'll be happy........
Just remain positive.

After all, we are always concerned that allowing 1 illegal into the country will result in 10 following. So perhaps the reverse is true. If "Rafael" gets sent back to Guatemala perhaps his wife and 8 children will follow.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:24 PM

35,892 posts, read 21,353,043 times
Nothing new - there has been surges over 10 yrs

Old 09-29-2017, 04:31 PM

25,885 posts, read 17,665,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
At least it's a start. Many, if not most Democrats/lefties do not support illegal immigration. We believe in obeying the laws of this country.

It's very true that American jobs are being lost to illegals and it's a travesty that some cities choose to protect these law breakers.
Just a note on that.

Asplundh was the company who was fined for hiring illegals. They have a special problem in that their crews are expected to pack up and go where the trouble is - and be gone for weeks, sometimes. We home-owning, children-raising Americans can't do that.
The nomadic lifestyle of the illegal immigrant worker is tough to fill. Asplundh and other companies will have to scramble to get the jobs done. They are going to have to pay, and pay plenty.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM

37,870 posts, read 41,287,644 times
I'm telling you. This Sanctuary City thing is probably a bunch of local politicians being paid off by gangs. I'd check the financials of every mayor, councilman and police chief in sanctuary cities to see if any of them have extra income.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:07 PM

26,681 posts, read 29,008,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just a note on that.

Asplundh was the company who was fined for hiring illegals. They have a special problem in that their crews are expected to pack up and go where the trouble is - and be gone for weeks, sometimes. We home-owning, children-raising Americans can't do that.
The nomadic lifestyle of the illegal immigrant worker is tough to fill. Asplundh and other companies will have to scramble to get the jobs done. They are going to have to pay, and pay plenty.
But aren't there special visas available for those sorts of jobs? If not, there should be. The workers don't have to live in this country for life.

And still, illegals are taking away construction and landscaping jobs that Americans do. American owned landscaping businesses around where I live are at risk. If someone needs people to landscape their backyard, they would normally hire a professional landscaper but now there are illegals who would do it for a lot less. The owner may still be an American so he could design the landscaping plan but the actual workers could well be illegals. How can an honest business compete with that?

Old 09-29-2017, 05:28 PM

17,486 posts, read 11,526,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm telling you. This Sanctuary City thing is probably a bunch of local politicians being paid off by gangs. I'd check the financials of every mayor, councilman and police chief in sanctuary cities to see if any of them have extra income.
Garcetti of Los Angeles should be the first on that list.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:18 PM

18,968 posts, read 7,821,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Good for them...I like your overblown title...drama much?

I get that you were technically correct..but really...just a bit overblown with the thread title.
Tough.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
that their crews are expected to pack up and go where the trouble is - and be gone for weeks, sometimes. We home-owning, children-raising Americans can't do that.
Do you have some reference or evidence to back up this allegation?

I've gone out of the U.S. to do a job, more than once. And I met quite a few other Americans doing the same. Yes, it put a strain on family. But anyone who says "Americans can't do that" is so wrong that the level of his delusion approaches flat bigotry.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
It will not even have that much effect on violent crime in LA. Unless they're also deporting people born in the US.
Do you have any reference or evidence to support that allegation? Or did you just make it up out of thin air, because you really, really wish it was true... and therefore it must be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies