Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,894,271 times

Advertisements

They ALL agree that the system is not working. They are trying to capture everyones votes. The for and againsts. In essence they have all stated that Health care must be for everyone. How they do that is going to be a tough call. Change is coming, it must come. How is another question. Everyone in the USA will have health cover ib the next ten years. It will be interesting to see how it will occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM

The jury couldn't have made that Award if there had been a cap on damages.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:31 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,456,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The jury couldn't have made that Award if there had been a cap on damages.
Agreed.

However, under the Laws of the United States, each state regulates punitive damage awards with some exceptions.

Fact remains - the democrats - the liberals, OPPOSE punitive damage caps.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:34 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,752,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I've posted many TRUTHS.. many links to various information to back up what Im' talking about.. not just dribble...

You've figure out NOTHING .. the fact that you choose to ignore the many posts that actually contain facts that contradict you is not my fault.. it's all their in the links i"ve provided on many threads on the issues.. some I have even started myself..

Geero has also provided much valuable information. If you want to make yourself feel better by fooling yourself into believing that those having issues are what you say they are... then you go right ahead.. but it doesn't change the facts..

And the facts are that as the numbers grow and the problems grow as they have and wiill it will no longer be so easily dismissed or scoffed at etc. Change may not come in a year, two or even four years...but in four years the numbers will have changed and climbed.. and then YOU will find yourself on the minority end of the argument. My eyes have been opened.. as have over 40 million people and counting in this country..

Those numbers will bring the sea of change that we need..
This is with all due respect, I really don't want to offend anyone.

40 million people - Many of these people choose not to buy insurance, many of them are illegal aliens. Hillary said herself 20% of these people are teenagers who don't get insurance because they feel like there to young to need it. Now subtract criminals and drug addicts, also how about the millions in prison? Which category do they fall into? Don't forget to subtract the people who don't want to pay for insurance. Oh yeah subtract the people who are homeless by choice and dont care about insurance.

Sorry your 40 million number is not accurate. IT IS A BOGUS FALSE NUMBER. PERIOD.
That's the whole problem.
A solution should be based on the scope of the issue, you have no concept on the scope of the issue. But yet you feel the extreme change is the only possible choice. And the reasoning? Look the UK does it! gee whiz.

Yes there are problems with the healthcare in this country! Nobody is denying that, just some of think a government controller bureaucrocy where they tell people and companies how much they can charge or make is not the answer. Not even close. As far as Geero goes, what the UK does isnt relevant. They have a populations that is probably only 20% of ours. It's a completely different dynamic.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:57 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,412,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Agreed.

However, under the Laws of the United States, each state regulates punitive damage awards with some exceptions.

Fact remains - the democrats - the liberals, OPPOSE punitive damage caps.
Careful with that "liberal" defamation, I resemble that remark! Even though I have posted as to the downside of some of the damage awards and "defensive" medicine being practiced by docs....there may need to be a "moving bar" (if a cap) due to rip roaring inflation. What I see is corps wanting protection from any eventuallity of posssible negligence. Then it can be written off as a cost of doing business. Gee, I wonder why John Edwards, the only dem. candiate to push for single pay said he would "go after 'em" (ins. cos). Also, blanket protection for companies that violate privacy rights, very bad idea. Is that what is meant by "tort reform".

Old 03-09-2008, 01:58 PM

Having a much larger population in the USA means more revenue for a UHC not less. The USA healthcare system at the moment is controlled by big insurance companies, they own you, body and soul. You don't elect in the CEO'S of these companies and, to be honest, they do not care about your health, just how much they can get out of you. If America does not want a UHC then that is the choice of the American people. If it really was the case that the American people were generally happy with the American Health Service, we wouldn't be having the heated discussions that have been happening on these and many other blog sites. The Insurance companies and big business rule America, even down to the illegal immigration debate, and your govt. are only now beginning to see that the normal American people want to have a say in their Healthcare, NOT the fat cat CEO'S.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,412,273 times
Prison population has great health care(federal) all have basic, including dental. Much to the chagrin of the guards (brother-in-law) they have to pay more w/each contract. That doesn't reduce the 40M number. I sure don't know where it came from......

Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,752,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmith680 View Post
Prison population has great health care(federal) all have basic, including dental. Much to the chagrin of the guards (brother-in-law) they have to pay more w/each contract. That doesn't reduce the 40M number. I sure don't know where it came from......
Which is why I said what would they be considered as opposed to they are not considered to have insurance.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM

418 posts, read 567,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Having a much larger population in the USA means more revenue for a UHC not less. The USA healthcare system at the moment is controlled by big insurance companies, they own you, body and soul. You don't elect in the CEO'S of these companies and, to be honest, they do not care about your health, just how much they can get out of you. If America does not want a UHC then that is the choice of the American people. If it really was the case that the American people were generally happy with the American Health Service, we wouldn't be having the heated discussions that have been happening on these and many other blog sites. The Insurance companies and big business rule America, even down to the illegal immigration debate, and your govt. are only now beginning to see that the normal American people want to have a say in their Healthcare, NOT the fat cat CEO'S.
Americans don't seem to have any influence on changes in US...

Remember UK, not that long ago, there were 3 weeks of vacation- minimum, paid.

Today?Soon is will be 5 weeks. Minimum salary is going UP, and people want MORE vacation... country adapts towards what people want

People chose governments which pushed for programmes they wanted... this is why things changed.

Do people in US want this situation? No, but corporations rule USA, not people, not government-well corps bribe government to push for laws they want.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:13 PM

My wife had health care with her job in America. The company she was with relocated outside the USA and she no longer had health care. She began feeling unwell but not enough to go to A&E. She came over to the UK to live with me and we registered her with our local General Practitioner. He was a little concerned about her abdominal pain and sent her to see a consultant at our local Hospital. It was discovered she had Gall Stones. She was taken into Hospital immediately and had non evasive surgery. The Doctor told her that the Gall Bladder was infected and she could have died if she hadn't rcieved surgery. She Knows that if she had stayed in the USA with that problem she could have died because she had no Health Insurance. How many people in the USA are afraid to go to A&E in case they cannot afford it and die from complications to things that could be cured so easily. She used to be a advocate for private health care in the USA, but now she has experienced UHC, she has completely changed her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies