Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should North Korea Be Allowed to test Missile that can reach California?
Yes - It's their right 24 36.92%
No - Kim Jung Un can't be trusted. 41 63.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 02:05 PM

7,479 posts, read 4,081,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You just have to love some of the posts here. I understand people's hatred towards california, however,

In term of millions of illegals, anarchists, racists, and arrogant liberals elites, well they live Among Us. Remember that! Be careful what you wish for.

I don't think NK will do such a thing, however, let's consider the scenario,

It begins with a flash brighter than the sun. Trees, fences, and people immediately catch fire. The only reason you survive is because you run inside and dive into the cast-iron tub just as the shock wave arrives. You stumble to your lopsided front door and look out on the burning ruin of your neighborhood. The deadly radioactive fallout is on its way. Should you stay in your wobbling house or run across town to the public library to shelter in its basement?

NO war please. IF there is a war, better THEM than US. Destroy them over there.
Back in the 60's when we were doing those Atomic bomb drills in school..........the ones where you went to your wall locker and leaned against it while you covered your eyes with your hands..........

I remember my dad commenting that that would never work..........He said you must bendover, grab your ankles with both hands and try the best you can to "kiss your ass" goodbye.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 02:11 PM

39,541 posts, read 28,049,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Back in the 60's when we were doing those Atomic bomb drills in school..........the ones where you went to your wall locker and leaned against it while you covered your eyes with your hands..........

I remember my dad commenting that that would never work..........He said you must bendover, grab your ankles with both hands and try the best you can to "kiss your ass" goodbye.........
I agree with your dad.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,881,964 times
Proof that 40% of the people in here are idiots.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:48 PM

47,142 posts, read 26,440,337 times
Didn't the GWB administration spend $40 billion of our money on installing ground-based interceptors that were designed for just this scenario? Are you telling me now that this paragon of fiscal restraint and military savvy spent money on something that didn't work?

Did we keep the receipt?

Old 04-12-2017, 03:20 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,247,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
North Korea is close to testing the KN-08 which has a range that puts all of the West Coast of the USA in range. They are also testing the KN-14 which can reach California.

Question, should the USA prevent them from developing such an ICBM?

What do you think?
How do you propose we prevent a completely different country from developing/testing new technology for missiles? If we have missiles with those ranges, would it be hypocritical to tell other countries that they cannot?

Old 04-12-2017, 03:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 27,033,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post

The real threat is not from an ICBM we can shoot down,.
We do not have any technology that can shoot an ICBM out of the sky once it has taken off. And the USA can't get close enough to their launch sites to stop them in the boost stage.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
We have about as much right to tell them they can't have missiles as they do to tell us we can't have them.

The reason these countries want nukes and missiles is they don't want to end up the next Iraq. Had Saddam had nukes I guarantee you we would never of invaded. Funny now in hindsight it would of been better to let him have the damn things and not have to deal with ISIS.
I agree with you on why they want the nukes. They change everything. A tactical nuke on the battlefield can clear it of troops, tanks & aircraft. Doesn't matter how advanced these things are. For the USA, this is 1950s technology.

On the other hand, it wasn't the USA that stopped Iraq's nuke program. It was the Israelis who did that in 1981 with Operation Opera.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,881,964 times
Quote:
On the other hand, it wasn't the USA that stopped Iraq's nuke program. It was the Israelis who did that in 1981 with Operation Opera.
...and now we have funded Iran's nuclear aspirations.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:40 PM

79,630 posts, read 61,854,965 times
Quote:
North Korea is close to testing the KN-08 which has a range that puts all of the West Coast of the USA in range. They are also testing the KN-14 which can reach California.

Question, should the USA prevent them from developing such an ICBM?

What do you think?
How EXACTLY would we stop them? Keep in mind that most of Seoul is within artillery range of the DMZ....even if they didn't have a couple of low quality nukes on hand.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How EXACTLY would we stop them? Keep in mind that most of Seoul is within artillery range of the DMZ....even if they didn't have a couple of low quality nukes on hand.
It won't be pretty.

If the choice is artillery on Seoul or Nukes on California, which way would you go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies