Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 06:08 PM

3,364 posts, read 1,631,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It IS what the rest of the country is going through. Incompetent, out of control police officers.
That sentence is a bit difficult to read.
Are you trying to say that it is the truth?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:09 PM

14,247 posts, read 18,051,615 times
Quote:
It IS what the rest of the country is going through. Incompetent, out of control police officers.
I don't agree with that. I think the vast majority of police officers are both competent and in-control.

The problem is that there is a small number who are not and, it would appear, police departments and DAs are in no hurry to weed them out or to make them accountable.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:09 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,200,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
How is it better that the police officer was trying to shoot the autistic guy holding a toy truck?
It's certainly better to shoot a screaming man who was reported to be armed with a gun and refused to follow commands, than shooting a guy with nothing in his hands who was complying with police orders.

The cop should lose his job. Period.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:10 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That sentence is a bit difficult to read.
Are you trying to say that it is the truth?
The spokesperson is saying what happened is not what the rest of the country is experiencing. I'm saying he is wrong.

An of control inept officers are the problem and what we had here and the problem overall.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:17 PM

3,364 posts, read 1,631,599 times
Quote:
The spokesperson is saying what happened is not what the rest of the country is experiencing. I'm saying he is wrong.

An of control inept officers are the problem and what we had here and the problem overall.
Ah, I see. You are saying that it is about inept policing rather than racism.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:38 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Ah, I see. You are saying that it is about inept policing rather than racism.
There are aspects of both but racism falls in under inept policing.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:53 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,713,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
That being said, I don't think the kneejerk reaction should be to blame all cops. Not all are bad. It seems as of late that people want to jump on a bandwagon of one bad apple means all bad apples. Definitely not the case here.
I agree, but then again I don't think many people blame all cops for this sort of thuggery. And those who do are not at all justified or rational, you're right.

However, this sort of thing does make it a lot harder for people to trust all cops - or any cops at all, for that matter. And that's entirely appropriate, under the circumstances.

And to me, that's the thing that ought to make good cops all over the country stand up and start to take action on this issue. You could make a pretty good argument that those 5 cops in Dallas died for this very reason, and the 3 in Baton Rouge as well. That's 8 police officers who left for work and never went home, 8 families who said goodbye to their father when he left and then never saw him again. And never will see him again. 8 cops who died because these uncontrolled, criminal shootings of innocent people are causing civilians all over the country to look at all police officers differently than they used to, and in some cases hate all police officers because of the crimes committed by just a few of them - and excused by the authorities who are responsible for supervising these officers.

For that reason alone, I would think that every cop in the country would have a strong interest in cleaning out the murdering trash who infest their ranks. Let alone that it's simply the right thing to do; it's also the smartest thing to do.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 07-21-2016 at 07:12 PM..

Old 07-21-2016, 07:12 PM

34,618 posts, read 21,871,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

Overall, I think it's a systematic problem.
The North Miami system is ran by black people, the mayor and police chief.

The majority of the places where black people are being shot by police are ran by Democrats and in many cases black people.

I'm beginning to think it's a cultural problem with liberals wanting totalitarian governmental control over everyone.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 936,479 times
Sounds like the trigger finger on that cop was itching. He should be fired and buried under the prison system.

And I'm ecstatic that Mr. Kinsey is recovering.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 PM

23,855 posts, read 13,966,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I agree, but then again I don't think many people blame all cops for this sort of thuggery. And those who do are not at all justified or rational.

However - this sort of thing does make it a lot harder for people to trust all cops. And that's entirely appropriate, under the circumstances.
No kidding.

My brother has asperger's. He is considered high-functioning, but he is still unable to live independently. He has a terrible temper, fortunately it takes a lot to set him off. But I've seen him misunderstand what is happening and react aggressively. It really hurts to see that autistic man so oblivious to what is going on around him - it looks as if in fact he also was yelling at his caretaker. And it really, really hurts to see that caretaker trying to protect him anyway, even while under threat from a policeman aiming a serious weapon at him.

If there were justice in the world, that police chief would be pinning a hero's medal on the caretaker.

Those cops? Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies