Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 07:22 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,385,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Yeah, he has been fired. You cannot suspend a public employee without pay.

(Well, you can, but then they will sue for denial of property under the 4th amendment and you will end up paying them back pay plus damages. If you are suspending without pay, then you have to be 100% certain that you are firing that employee and that the termination will hold up in court.)

The guy who fired the shots will have to, at minimum, be given a Loudermill hearing before he can be terminated. If there is any doubts as to whether his actions were purposeful or a legitimate mistake, you need to that. You cannot fire a public employee for making a single legitimate mistake, even a potentially lethal one, until you have demonstrated that the mistake was a crime. Even the officer who lied will get a Loudermill hearing. And if he wins, the department is going to be on the hook for possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties.

The guy who fired the shots was SWAT. I am wondering if he really did have a selective fire rifle and fired a three shot burst.
Even if you thought both men were armed, this was not a situation that called for bringing out an automatic weapon.
I don't buy that and even if so we need to change that.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:04 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,824,701 times
Here is my comment...

This is not America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjivIBCHDc

Old 07-22-2016, 08:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,959,569 times
I call bolshoi that the SWAT trained officer didn't know he was firing THREE shots. And at the wrong target. Anyone, police or military trained or not, who is familiar with rifles, knows this is a lie. How to make a bad situation worse... lie. Way to go, North Miami police.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:37 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,275,615 times
This cop gives all cops a bad rap...the man was doing nothing to deserve being shot...neither was the Autistic man...why would they even attempt to shoot an autistic man...

Very glad this great guy is only injured...still this cop should be charged w/ assault and be barred from police work ever again.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,207,450 times
If I might ask, if the SWAT officer determined that Kinsey was in danger from the autistic patient and reacted by shooting the autistic man to "save" Kinsey then why didn't he continue to shoot at his original target after he missed? Was the perceived threat over at that point? Hmmmmm

Old 07-22-2016, 10:45 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,672,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This cop gives all cops a bad rap...the man was doing nothing to deserve being shot...neither was the Autistic man...why would they even attempt to shoot an autistic man...

Very glad this great guy is only injured...still this cop should be charged w/ assault and be barred from police work ever again.
What, you don't believe "blue lives" matter?

Good luck getting help the next time you need to call 911.

(sarcasm)

Old 07-22-2016, 10:49 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,267,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If I might ask, if the SWAT officer determined that Kinsey was in danger from the autistic patient and reacted by shooting the autistic man to "save" Kinsey then why didn't he continue to shoot at his original target after he missed? Was the perceived threat over at that point? Hmmmmm
Also, why did they then handcuff Kinsey and leave him bleeding on the ground, but not the person they thought was the threat?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:03 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,462,250 times
If there was no video, it would have been the perfect crime. Like all police unions, they don't cross that thin blue line protecting BAD cops. Just pathetic.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,361,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

I think it's the incidents of excessive force along with the cover ups, "paid administrative leave", and no indictment/sentencing that gives cops a bad name along with the blue wall of silence and extremists that defend them all the time.

If cops were prosecuted and held accountable for their actions I believe that even with the seemingly large amounts of excessive force due to cameras and social media they wouldn't have so much "hate" and animosity towards them.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,672,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
If there was no video, it would have been the perfect crime. Like all police unions, they don't cross that thin blue line protecting BAD cops. Just pathetic.
That's what is so crazy to me.

If there had been no video, we would have heard about "another black man who refused to cooperate."

All we ever hear is, "cooperate and do what the police tell you to do, and you won't have a problem."

This black man did EXACTLY THAT and still got shot!

Thank goodness there was a video camera rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.