Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 02:34 PM

51,891 posts, read 25,236,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
the skit was in bad taste, but thats not even close to the typa stuff u hear repubs and **********s say, good try tho
I like that!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:36 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,322,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Also, how many times have the apologists bleated out "BUT! BUT! IF HE'D ONLY DONE WHAT THEY WERE TELLING HIM TO DO, HE WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN SHOT!"?

Well?

This man did exactly that.

And.
He.
Got.
Shot.
Anyway.

And anyone who ever believed that line of BS in the first place (and there are a ton of people here who have posted exactly that over and over) needs to look in the mirror and realize how gullible they are.
It's one thing in this particular situation where a guy was fully compliant with the officer, and getting shot, than a suspect getting shot because they didn't do what an officer told them to do.

In this case, the cop looks to be completely at fault. But when a suspect does not follow a cop's instructions, the shooting can be justified and warranted. Trying to compare the two is ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:49 PM

122 posts, read 273,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Maybe the cop tried to shoot the autistic guy.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:57 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,671,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accent2010 View Post
Maybe the cop tried to shoot the autistic guy.
I think so too and the moron had a bad aim.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,837,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If what they say is true, the officer should be held accountable.
Well he is, he's on paid leave.

Other professions you screw up big time, you're fired.

Cops get a paid vacation.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:10 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,415,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
It's one thing in this particular situation where a guy was fully compliant with the officer, and getting shot, than a suspect getting shot because they didn't do what an officer told them to do.

In this case, the cop looks to be completely at fault. But when a suspect does not follow a cop's instructions, the shooting can be justified and warranted. Trying to compare the two is ridiculous.
Does that include those folks who get stopped..ordered to show hands inside car..or told to exit care..then when asked for ID and they reach for their ID..Get shot/killed then demonized by the public?? Yep..That's about the size of it

While those who call out bad actor LE officers..constantly get called leftists..thug sympathizers..etc and so on..BUT even when an officer does obvious wrong things..THEY get a VAYKAY and Taxpayers payout the $$$ on their behalf.. THAT is what is so unfair to everyone..including taxpayers and those victimized by unprofessional, irresponsible LE officers..who most likely move onto yet another Police Department.

Do they even VET these people? How does irresponsible behaviours get submarined from hiring agencies? I know of many cases when Physicians have gotten barred from practicing in some State..So move onto another..and pull same reckless stuff..and folks say??/ WTH?? It's poor vetting..poor tracking of any professional who can move State to State following Problems.

Hey IF they can do it..Is there any wonder predators..serial felons can move STATE to State..without any problem..WHY..POOR communications from State to State!!

Realize it's getting better..but when so many innocent lives are at stake..WHY can't they coordinate better..Post 9/11 Better communications occurred..WHY not anybodies record to follow them as well? Whether it's Fired COPS or Felons or merely tax evaders!!

Old 07-21-2016, 03:18 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,302,793 times
Cop thinking: Nice! I get to shoot a today.
Now why is this guy trying to stop me from shooting him?
Let me shoot this guy instead.
It's been a while I went on a vacation.
Bam bam...

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-22-2016 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: language

Old 07-21-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Don't deflect. I asked why it is racist to compare Obama to a monkey and not Bush? Let's hear it.
It isn't about evolution. It was a very old insult that compared the intelligence and behavior of a race of people to a type of monkey.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:25 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,822,601 times
Getting shot and killed for simply not complying with an officer is wrong.

Take a look at this video... This man didn't comply with either cop and managed to not get shot, which is good, in my opinion (not condoning the man's behavior, just saying he doesn't deserve to die for his actions). I can take an educated guess and assume the same precautions wouldn't have been taken had the man been Black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQ-...has_verified=1

Old 07-21-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
The fact that 98% of your posts scream racist shows me that you are indeed one yourself.

The issue here is not as much a racist issue as it is an issue with properly trained enforcement officers. Yet, the ONLY points you have attempted to make are to bring up racism. When will you learn that this will never allow our society to stop being at odds with each other?
It's a race issue when a White cop shoots a Black man who isn't doing anything at all wrong. Don't be dense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies