Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 AM

57,358 posts, read 26,263,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why does this bother you? I don't see it bothers you this much when Muslims want the school district to recognize their religious holiday. (Muslim holidays don't bother me by the way.)

It is not like these Vietnam veterans are hurting anybody. It is not like they are asking you for your donation. What is the big deal huh?
It's just pandering, if they want to do some good then let's see something substantial.

Why is this in the politics forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
I see and appreciate Veteran's Day every day I go to or think of the VA Hosp services I have been afforded.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:02 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's just pandering, if they want to do some good then let's see something substantial.

Why is this in the politics forum.
I was ONLY asking you why does it bother you when they are not hurting anybody.

why acting like a bully? sheesh Let them have their day. What is the big deal? It is not like that any of them are demanding "Hey, give us a holiday and make a donation." lol Maybe they are just happy that this nation finally realized that veteran scapegoating is wrong. I don't think any of them are saying, we had it harder, so we ought to be treated differently. lol Geeze, some of you here really need to leave others alone. It is not like they are disrespecting OTHER veterans. Many still need closure, many are still battling with the past, many need to deal with the past in order to live in the "now." and admit it or not, veteran scapegoating is still happening today, just look at the protesters in front of va hospital. (yeah, maybe a group of 4-10 losers, every once in a while, but they are still there.) (They obviously don't have the balls to protest in front of Marine Corps base. LOL so they choose VA hospital. How convenient, How brave all these social justice warriors!! )

Trust me, we all know who are the true anti-war hero, who just want their 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-30-2016 at 07:58 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 09:10 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,476,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why do the Vietnam guys have to be special little flowers who get their own day? Just be vets like the rest of us. Sorry for what happened to you guys and sorry the nation didn't give you the honor and respect you deserved for your service, but that was then and this is now.
Well again, you come off like this is taking something away from you. I myself see nothing to complain about. Guess that's just me.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Thumbs up Welcome Home All Vietnam Era Veterans

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2016, 11:26 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why do Draft dodgers and hippies need redemption? They didn't do anything wrong.

Do an internet search for it.. there are plenty of comments by people who have guilt/and or apologized for what they themselves consider despicable behavior in the treatment of returning Vietnam soldiers

http://www.art21.org/texts/the-cultu...erans-memorial-

Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,022,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I like Veterans' Day because of it brings the generations of service members together. I usually go to a parade on Veterans' Day. Last year, I was talking to a guy in his 20s who was still on active duty and was marching in the parade with his unit. I asked him if he considers himself a veteran. (Like me, he has multiple deployments under his belt to Iraq and Afghanistan.) He looked confused by the question and said no, veterans are old and looked at the guys with the Vietnam and Korean era hats on around us (sadly, no World War II vets around much these days... or very, very few) and said it was about them.

I bet 30 years from now or so he'll be standing on a sideline somewhere watching current vets march by and remembering when he was young and the guys he served with. I think this is great.

Why do the Vietnam guys have to be special little flowers who get their own day? Just be vets like the rest of us. Sorry for what happened to you guys and sorry the nation didn't give you the honor and respect you deserved for your service, but that was then and this is now.
Why don't you ask Obama.......... his admin started it........personally I think it is pathetic........half of us are already dead..........

Old 03-30-2016, 11:57 AM

57,358 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I was ONLY asking you why does it bother you when they are not hurting anybody.

why acting like a bully? sheesh Let them have their day. What is the big deal? It is not like that any of them are demanding "Hey, give us a holiday and make a donation." lol Maybe they are just happy that this nation finally realized that veteran scapegoating is wrong. I don't think any of them are saying, we had it harder, so we ought to be treated differently. lol Geeze, some of you here really need to leave others alone. It is not like they are disrespecting OTHER veterans. Many still need closure, many are still battling with the past, many need to deal with the past in order to live in the "now." and admit it or not, veteran scapegoating is still happening today, just look at the protesters in front of va hospital. (yeah, maybe a group of 4-10 losers, every once in a while, but they are still there.) (They obviously don't have the balls to protest in front of Marine Corps base. LOL so they choose VA hospital. How convenient, How brave all these social justice warriors!! )

Trust me, we all know who are the true anti-war hero, who just want their 15 minutes of fame.
Recognizing Vietnam Veterans is a little too late, none of this will resolve the issues you indicated.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Recognizing Vietnam Veterans is a little too late, none of this will resolve the issues you indicated.
backpedaler alert You still choose to dodge my question, what is the big deal of Vietnam veterans getting their special day? WHAT IS THE YUUUUUUGE DEAL? You need to be a little original next time. I think your post was inspired by the poster above you. lol

Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
I don't need a day. I have a wall. That's enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies