Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 05:22 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,480,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, after you. Please.
Well, you've been given two opportunities to flesh out your idea of a "congruent foreign policy" and you've demurred. No sense belaboring it.

As an alternative, can you give an example of a past president who's kept us out of war by using one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:22 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,367,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are saying Russia bombed Syria to tell the US to stay away? That is like setting your lawn on fire to get the neighbor dog to stop peeing in your yard. Way to go Putin.

Me have sexual issues? I am not the one who gets all warm between the legs when I see a shirtless picture of Putin, he seems to only do that to conservatives who seem to think of him as some sort of hero.
1. No, Russia bombed our allies ( the Anti-Assad rebels) to prop up Assad; Obama/Kerry were tricked into believing the Russians were going after ISIS; his generals then warned us to stay out of Syrian airspace -- and so far, we have.

2. I have no idea what your fixation on Putin and what other people may think of him is all about. It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, though.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Well, you've been given two opportunities to flesh out your idea of a "congruent foreign policy" and you've demurred. No sense belaboring it.

As an alternative, can you give an example of a past president who's kept us out of war by using one?
Didn't think you could.

Monroe Doctrine. Marshall Plan. Containment.

Jeez, get to Googling. And start defending your boy, who is in so far over his head....after all, he IS the CIC, remember?

Old 09-30-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am actually curious how you would manage Syria if elected president?
Ask your pal Scratch. I have a feeling he'd go all McCain and divide it up into spheres of influence. But he's not a risk-taker...

Old 09-30-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Monroe Doctrine. Marshall Plan. Containment.
Hmm again. How would you apply the Monroe Doctrine to Syria?

And while the Marshall Plan was a great thing (again, relevance?) it didn't keep the U.S. out of war.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,251,253 times
Quote:
1. No, Russia bombed our allies ( the Anti-Assad rebels) to prop up Assad; Obama/Kerry were tricked into believing the Russians were going after ISIS; his generals then warned us to stay out of Syrian airspace -- and so far, we have.

2. I have no idea what your fixation on Putin and what other people may think of him is all about. It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, though.
So Russia didn't bomb Syria? I thought you just said he did....

Oh, I just enjoy this love affair some right wingers seem to have with Putin, like he is some glorious right wing hero.

Here is a great example of that love affair some people seem to have with Putin.

Spoiler
Quote:
At least Putin IS a man...unlike our rainbow warrior.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,251,253 times
Quote:
Ask your pal Scratch. I have a feeling he'd go all McCain and divide it up into spheres of influence. But he's not a risk-taker...
Why would I want to ask him what you would do as president? You are the one who originally wanted to tell us....so I was curious what your plan of attack would be...

Or do you not have one? Another one of your all talk with no actions posts?

Old 09-30-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Hmm again. How would you apply the Monroe Doctrine to Syria?

And while the Marshall Plan was a great thing (again, relevance?) it didn't keep the U.S. out of war.
You asked for examples of consistent, congruent approaches to foreign policy. I gave you three, including the Marshall Plan which rebuilt Europe and provided a bulwark against further Soviet expansion. That's all you get.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-30-2015 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You asked for examples of consistent, congruent approaches to foreign policy. I gave you three, including the Marshall Plan which rebuilt Europe and provided a bulwark against further Soviet expansion. That's all you get.
So you've no idea how to apply them to Syria; as previously noted neither the Marshall Plan nor "containment" served to keep the U.S. out of war; and lastly it's richly ironic to note that if the Monroe Doctrine were applied, America wouldn't be in Syria or anywhere else in the Middle East in the first place.

Enjoy your dip.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,243,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
I wished the same people who feel that Assad stabilizes Syria and the region would have gotten a similar message to W before he deposed Saddam and emptied the US treasury. Isis and Al Queda were not in Iraq when Saddam was in power. Bush 41 had enough sense to leave Saddam there but W followed the chicken hawks catastrophic advice.

Regardless of your position on geopolitics, the war in Iraq hardly "emptied the US treasury". Not by a log shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies