Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 10:16 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You are babbling. Police can deal with juveniles as allowed by local law. The arresting agents were cops.

They purportedly gave a statement to the press that the kid was an "arrestee for a hoax bomb" or similar. You saying the cops violated the federal code?

Find me a statement where the school has actually put this in writing. Far as a can tell it was a cya by a spokesperson. And only on Breitbart.

But hey just find me something real. I spent my life as a development engineer...being wrong will not be a new experience.
You're still confusing which law applies to the school and which applies to the police.

The federal Education Rights & Privacy Act forbids the school from releasing records it has about Clockboy without a parent's permission. You can choose not to not believe that the parents refuse to sign the permission form; I believe they are refusing.

Juvenile records held by police or courts are governed by state law. Again, those aren't public records unless the parents agree to release them. And again, I believe the parents are refusing.

I don't blame the family for keeping all this info secret. They're in complete control of the narrative. Even if it turns out that Clockboy was passive-aggressive and evasive during his contact with school officials and cops, it's probably too late for anything to change, but why would they risk losing a trip or two during their World Tour.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're still confusing which law applies to the school and which applies to the police.

The federal Education Rights & Privacy Act forbids the school from releasing records it has about Clockboy without a parent's permission. You can choose not to not believe that the parents refuse to sign the permission form; I believe they are refusing.

Juvenile records held by police or courts are governed by state law. Again, those aren't public records unless the parents agree to release them. And again, I believe the parents are refusing.

I don't blame the family for keeping all this info secret. They're in complete control of the narrative. Even if it turns out that Clockboy was passive-aggressive and evasive during his contact with school officials and cops, it's probably too late for anything to change, but why would they risk losing a trip or two during their World Tour.
And the basis for your belief that the parents are refusing is? A source please.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
anybody still think the kid was not hoaxing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM

Old 09-29-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
anybody still think the kid was not hoaxing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KOW92fbSM
All you need to do is ask the kids questioned to point out the explosive...

Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
lmao.Yeah because every suitcase bomb has the explosive visible and labeled TNT. How would they have known if there was a strip of C4 hiding behind the LCD screen? Still defending this loser? Hysterical.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM

9,142 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
The video illustrates that most normal people would think it "looks" like a bomb.
They don't really need to point out the explosives in a hoax bomb.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:33 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,568 times
Quote:
Now you're being intentionally obtuse.

Grow up.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao.Yeah because every suitcase bomb has the explosive visible and labeled TNT. How would they have known if there was a strip of C4 hiding behind the LCD screen? Still defending this loser? Hysterical.
You don't hide a piece of plastic explosive behind a flat screen.

What the video actually shows is that most people cannot tell a bomb from a clock.

Which I believe. Same principle as the Waters interviews on Oreilly. Most people picked randomly are stupid..particularly if you get to edit who gets shown. Hit an engineering student who says of course that does not look like a bomb you leave it on the cutting room floor.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Now you're being intentionally obtuse.

Grow up.
Not in the least. The prime component of a bomb is something that explodes. The next component is something that detonates that explosion which is wired to the timing or remote firing mechanism.

A simple version is a cell phone with a detonator device plugged into the ear phone jack. Simple device that can be made by virtually anyone. But with no explosive and no detonation means it is not even a hoax bomb.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:16 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
What the video actually shows is that most people cannot tell a bomb from a clock.
Not just a clock, but a disassembled digital clock in a briefcase. What are you trying to pull here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies