Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

request method is unacceptable...That is all I get from your links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
A. Your links don't work.
B. Please learn the difference between regional weather and global climate. Not saying whatever weather you're cutting here is a result of it but a warming planet can create more snow in some areas, colder temps, etc.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:41 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
A. Your links don't work.
B. Please learn the difference between regional weather and global climate. Not saying whatever weather you're cutting here is a result of it but a warming planet can create more snow in some areas, colder temps, etc.

Yeah, well that`s kinda my point.

I`ve looked for colder temperatures recorded back in 1931 when a lot of these stations came into being and I`m just not seeing it.

If CO2 is driving temperatures higher, and if CO2 is increasing everywhere on the planet, it follows that most places should show warming that corresponds to the increase in CO2.

In fact, what I do see in these remote stations that haven`t had buildings, parking lots and airports built up around them is cooling.

Annual Summaries Location Details: Michigan, FIPS:26 | Climate Data Online (CDO) | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

This makes the perpetual rehashing of the "Warmest _______ ever!" headline highly suspect.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:45 AM

28 posts, read 17,207 times
Your problem is (1.) nobody experienced anything other than a cool, temperate July in the Northern Hemisphere and a frigid bitter cold in the Southern Hemisphere, and (2.) it's easy to predict from the outset now that every year will be a so-called hottest year on record as reported by globalists.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:03 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
its 91f here: I got to go to the beach. glowball warming is on us!!!

Old 08-26-2015, 01:20 PM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
You wonder why most of us think all this alarmist stuff is a joke? Listen to Harry...

(jump to 40:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2410&v=1bWAG8XYW7I

"Hurricanes are becoming more frequent"
"about 30% of the moose are gone"
Bears can't hibernate! Cats & dogs are living together! Mass hysteria!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:54 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, well that`s kinda my point.

I`ve looked for colder temperatures recorded back in 1931 when a lot of these stations came into being and I`m just not seeing it.

If CO2 is driving temperatures higher, and if CO2 is increasing everywhere on the planet, it follows that most places should show warming that corresponds to the increase in CO2.

In fact, what I do see in these remote stations that haven`t had buildings, parking lots and airports built up around them is cooling.

Annual Summaries Location Details: Michigan, FIPS:26 | Climate Data Online (CDO) | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

This makes the perpetual rehashing of the "Warmest _______ ever!" headline highly suspect.
You're just looking at Michigan, that can deviate from the worldwide trend. Also there are around 500 sensors in Michigan and that covers 90 years, you can't just look at a very small area like Michigan and draw conclusions based on comparing 1931 to 2015. The trend is world wide but if you're retired and have time on your hands.......

Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
The methods of where and how temperatures are collected is like trying to determine the average phone number in New York City.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Pretty historical, don't know why some indicate the earth isn't warming. Even the Maine Lobsters are heading north.

NOAA: July hottest month on record, 2015 could be hottest year - CNN.com

It has actually been very mild comparatively, here in Texas

Old 08-26-2015, 10:23 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're just looking at Michigan, that can deviate from the worldwide trend. Also there are around 500 sensors in Michigan and that covers 90 years, you can't just look at a very small area like Michigan and draw conclusions based on comparing 1931 to 2015. The trend is world wide but if you're retired and have time on your hands.......

You can use the same website to research temperature records wherever you like.

I live in Michigan, so Michigan is of interest to me, but I have also looked elsewhere, avoiding areas that have experienced urbanization and industrialization (cow pastures are best), and I just don`t see a pattern of warming coinciding with increased atmospheric CO2.

In fact, it appears, in most cases, that temperatures have declined over the past eighty some years in remote areas.

If CO2 drives global warming, the same CO2 that is increasing the temperature in Jakarta, Indonesia should be increasing the temperature in Lola, Kansas.

If it isn`t, we have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies