Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 PM

20,523 posts, read 16,015,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Part of telling the truth is being on honest about the problem being far more complex than that. Of course, you already stated you dont want to here that.

But ask yourself this, there are still more white people born OOW than black, why is the problem not the same, There are just as many white people on welfare as black, why are they not viewed the same ?
If talking about out of a 100 Black or white people: there are more messed up Black people. You gotta remember there are about 6 times as many whites as Blacks or "Hispanics" in the US in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 PM

19,718 posts, read 17,013,383 times
Save your breath, OP, they are not willing to listen.

Don

Old 05-25-2015, 09:57 PM

29,701 posts, read 16,764,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If talking about out of a 100 Black or white people: there are more messed up Black people. You gotta remember there are about 6 times as many whites as Blacks or "Hispanics" in the US in 2015.
im not talking out of 100. im talking about as a whole population. there are more OOW births of white kids than black, if it was just a break down of families, then there would be an equal amount of white ghettos as there are black(not saying i havent seen white ghettos).

Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,829,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
. Blacks continue to lag behind whites, Hispanics and Asians because there is a lack of effort, an entitlement mentality, and most of all, a complete dearth of goals, standards...

I no longer care if people call me a racist
You have little to worry about. Claiming black laziness as an explanation for achievement gaps, as you have done, is the mainstream conservative position. And liberals can, in turn, point to white evil as the cause.

"They're lazy!"

"You're evil!"

These are the two acceptable options. It's only when you reject both of those and try to get at the truth of the matter that the serious objections start.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,004,167 times
Quote:
You misunderstood my argument.

im not debating percentage of the population, I am indeed talking about sure numbers because if the OP was correct, white people who make up the same percentage of welfare recipients would be doing just the same as black people, but they arent.

The bold is not an answer.if there are 10,000 people in a city, stats say 2,500 are on some form of welfare, 1250 are black, 1250 are white ( this is an example, so there are no hispanics, asians......), and yet those 1250 whites who have the same percentage of OOW, and education level are still doing better than black people, and if you go by Pew Research Center, they have equal numbers of fatherless children

It obviously isnt just because of the welfare state or fatherhood. thats my point.

To come to a solution we must first acknowledge that the problem is not as simple as you laid out.

Fatherless white children are not doing well either. When you factor out bastardization the crime and economic numbers of black versus white greatly converge.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
im not talking out of 100. im talking about as a whole population. there are more OOW births of white kids than black, if it was just a break down of families, then there would be an equal amount of white ghettos as there are black(not saying i havent seen white ghettos).

That depends on the concentration of the bastards. I am betting white bastards are more spread out than black bastards. White ghettos tend to be rural.

White liberals have created most of the problems in black communities.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:40 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,980,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Found this on reallcearpolitcs and just had to share, since it makes some points that I always make.

The True Black Tragedy - Walter E. Williams - Page 1

The pathologies that we see in the black community do not go back to slavery and have nothing to do with racism. They are entirely new and self created. Some facts:

In 1925 New York City, 85 percent of black families were two-parent. One study of 19th-century slave families found that in up to three-fourths of the families, all the children had the same mother and father.

In 1940, black illegitimacy stood at 14 percent. It had risen to 25 percent by 1965, when Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action" and was widely condemned as a racist. By 1980, the black illegitimacy rate had more than doubled, to 56 percent, and it has been growing since.

In 1948, the unemployment rate for black teens was slightly less than that of their white counterparts -- 9.4 percent compared with 10.2. During that same period, black youths were either just as active in the labor force or more so than white youths.

If we love and value our African American citizens, we will start telling the truth about the dysfunctional nature of the inner city black communities as a first step towards solving the problems. Blacks continue to lag behind whites, Hispanics and Asians because there is a lack of effort, an entitlement mentality, and most of all, a complete dearth of goals, standards, or expectations in the inner city black communities.

In the inner city black community, it is acceptable to not have a job. It is acceptable to use EBT cards and be on AFDC. It is acceptable to live in public housing. It is acceptable to spend most life in a state of intoxication. It is acceptable to have multiple children out of wedlock. It is acceptable to glorify pimps and other villains. It is acceptable, even desirable, to have a criminal record. It is acceptable to fail at school. It is acceptable to resort to violence.

The modern welfare state has made these things not only acceptable, but desirable. When failure brings free goods and services courtesy of Uncle Sam and the tax payer, then failure becomes the goal.

I no longer care if people call me a racist- I consider those who coddle and enable the destructive behavior of the inner city black community to be the true racists. Nor do I care about he faux complexity argument that I always receive ad nauseum . I ask that all those who really care about black people, want them to achieve success and believe in them as human beings stand with me and the author of this fine article in telling the truth.

Peace.

Then came the 1964 entitlement state and LBJ's Great Society failure. A recipe for disaster, that has unfolded before our very eyes.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:47 PM

The good news is our nation's homicide rate is about half what it was in 1992. Things are getting better,

Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,171,898 times
Quote:
I gave a number of reasons for the black pathologies that we see. I simplified nothing. It is a cultural problem. To some extent out of wedlock births is a cause, and to some extent it is a symptom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You have little to worry about. Claiming black laziness as an explanation for achievement gaps, as you have done, is the mainstream conservative position. And liberals can, in turn, point to white evil as the cause.

"They're lazy!"

"You're evil!"

These are the two acceptable options. It's only when you reject both of those and try to get at the truth of the matter that the serious objections start.

No, the point of the article is that the pathologies we see are new. The have nothing to do with "white evil." They are not a result of slavery, but misuse of freedom.

Not did I say that blacks are lazy. I said that they suffer from a cultural that actively admires criminality and other poor behavior.

You post is exactly the kind of pseudo-mystical thinking that I referring to when I talked about faux complexity: it has nothing to do with blacks themselves and their behavior. We must reject that. It is some kind of unseen, unobtainable third force that is causing the violence, poverty and criminality. Well, no. It is black behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then came the 1964 entitlement state and LBJ's Great Society failure. A recipe for disaster, that has unfolded before our very eyes.
Correct. Freebees have been the driver. When failure is success, people plan to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The good news is our nation's homicide rate is about half what it was in 1992. Things are getting better,
Which is nice. It is generally attributed to marijuana becoming the drug of choice rather than crack cocaine. In any event, it seems the murder rate is spiking again.

Last edited by cachibatches; 05-25-2015 at 10:57 PM..

Old 05-25-2015, 11:02 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,829,639 times
Quote:
Not did I say that blacks are lazy.
Yes, you did. Own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies