Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,616,291 times

Advertisements

Analysis: High hopes and high expectations abroad for Obama - CNN.com

In a congratulatory letter to president-elect Barack Obama, French President Nicholas Sarkozy writes, "Your election raises in France, in Europe, and beyond throughout the world, immense hope."

Similar statements from dozens of world leaders and images of people around the world celebrating his election make clear Barack Obama will enjoy a good deal of international goodwill when he takes office on January 20.

The world is setting him up for failure.. With expectations so high how can anyone live up to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 02:44 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,084,615 times
OBAMA set himself up. Didn't Obama promised the world to everyone?
In his 30 minute commercial, didn't Obama part the sea so that all of us can walk to the promise land?
Now, he will have to deliver all that come Jan 20th, 2009.

Obama Promises Supporters: 'Change Has Come.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUbfpuI7E_4

Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 PM

I might be critical of him and some of his ideas (most) but I support him and this won't be good for America's image if he can not part the seas.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:55 PM

31 posts, read 40,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

In a congratulatory letter to president-elect Barack Obama, French President Nicholas Sarkozy writes, "Your election raises in France, in Europe, and beyond throughout the world, immense hope."

Similar statements from dozens of world leaders and images of people around the world celebrating his election make clear Barack Obama will enjoy a good deal of international goodwill when he takes office on January 20.

The world is setting him up for failure.. With expectations so high how can anyone live up to them?

You have to forgive the world: it's SO HAPPY to see an end to the 8 years of sheer stupidity, fraud & bullying by GW Bush.

Not to fear, that joy will soon die down as soon as;

1) your white supremecist population either murders President Elect Obama outright or actively resists his reforms & administration rendering his term as ungovernable.

2) Amerikans realize that 8 years of digging itself into a hole CANNOT be instantaneously undone by happy thoughts and a new president.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,084,615 times
These politicians only get excited during the first 2 years in office. After that, it the same old same old, and they just wait to RETIRE so they get a lifetime of BENEFITS paid by the taxpayers.

Take for example the Schwartzenneger of California promised the world to the Californians....

"I see California as the golden dream by the sea," said the former body building champion, the motion picture star.

"California has always glimmered with hope and glowed with opportunity," said Schwarzenegger.

In recent years, the Golden State has lost much of its luster. It is up to the state's new governor to restore it.

Arnold, California and the American Dream | Oakland Tribune | Find Articles at BNET

California today is NO GOLDEN STATE!!!!

That's what I say, Americans keep on getting scammed again and again by these politicians who promise the world just to get elected.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM

It's essentially a golden carrot however this time (at least to me) the expectations are outrageous and the liberals are feeding it with gasoline.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

956 posts, read 1,239,869 times
As I've posted several times, I get behind my President whoever he may be and I hope and pray for the success of Obama as our President. This country belongs to all of us and to wish him anything but success would be simply stupid.

But there is no way on this earth that he can possibly rise to the level of the expectation that he himself induced. The country and the world are expecting so much that no matter what he does, it won't be good enough.

I usually am so optimistic about almost everything, but I do worry how it will all fall out when everyone realizes that Barack Obama is, after all, just a man.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:20 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,321,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Here's the thing...Expectations have become so LOW after what the Bush Republicans have done to the country and world...It's like the Detroit Lions. Matt Millen is like George Bush. He has been an abject failure, and EVERY Lions fan, football commentator, NFL fan, etc. knows he's a failure! This clown takes over in 2001, and after a while it's kinda like 'ok its so obvious he's a total failuer he'll be gone soon'. Then its like HOLY CRAP...It's 2008 and this trainwreck is STILL in charge!

At this point if you appointed a doorknob to replace Millen, people would have higher expectations from the doorknob than from Millen. Same with Bush. At this point a sponge could've been elected President and the entire world would believe it could do at least twice as good as the George Bush Republicans!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:21 PM

You really are filled with some serious hate issues.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:24 PM

3,084 posts, read 7,291,344 times
"Obama will enjoy a good deal of international goodwill"

i dunno . . . . sounds like a good thing to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections