Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 12:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The Mossad has already assassinated Iranian nuclear scientists.
Yes...to no avail. Hasn't deterred Iran one bit. Actually, it just makes them more determined.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,792,078 times
FWIW:

People here have this misconception that all Israelis look like light skinned Europeans when in actuality over 51% are of Mizrahi/Sephardi decent where they have naturally dark skin 365 days a year and have features similar to Arabs. With that amount of people who are actually descended from the region, it is pretty easy for them to infiltrate nearly any Middle Eastern country. So it should not be questioned if Israelis are in Iran, as in all likelihood they are there gathering intel.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:12 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,017,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Capturing Eichmann is comparable to hitting a disparate nuclear program in Iran? Is that a joke?

Again, if Israel could work all of this magic, why all the overwrought diatribes about how Iran MUST be stopped and how the Iranians are gonna take over the whole world blah, blah, blah...?

If this were as simple as catching Eichmann, they would've done it already. The fact that they haven't done it denotes an insurmountable degree of difficulty.

You folks are bound and determined to underestimate Iran. Ok, fine. Some folks have to learn the hard way.
Hitting such a target isn't going to be done on a short notice. The Iranian are trying to take over the region though.

No one is saying it is simple. But way too many people are saying it is impossible. Israel would have to put people on the ground like they did in Syria. No one especially Israel is underestimating Iran but way too many think Iran is some super bad ass country with all the high tech technology when it isn't.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
FWIW:

People here have this misconception that all Israelis look like light skinned Europeans when in actuality over 51% are of Mizrahi/Sephardi decent where they have naturally dark skin 365 days a year and have features similar to Arabs. With that amount of people who are actually descended from the region, it is pretty easy for them to infiltrate nearly any Middle Eastern country. So it should not be questioned if Israelis are in Iran, as in all likelihood they are there gathering intel.
Exactly! You beat me to it.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:13 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
Israel will do as they wish and if they want Iran's nuclear facilities bombed, they will be. There's no doubt about that.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:19 PM

57,402 posts, read 26,310,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
You nay sayers kill me the Israelis have pulled off some of the most spectacular successful rescue & attack missions in history...Entebbe,the Iraqi nuclear reactor.
They will hit the most important components of Irans program to slow it down that they can do ... they need US though to totally destroy it. If Israel does attack I'm afraid Obama is going to let them hang out to dry and up s#!t creek without a paddle.
How exactly will Israel destroy the Iranian nuclear facility at Fordo that is impenetrable. Bombing a nuclear reactor in Iraq is a spectacular seems more like shooting fish in a barrel, any success stories in the last 30 years? Even if successful then what is Israel's next step when China and Russia step into the fray.
By the way they bombed the Iraqi reactor because they thought it was being used for nuclear arms.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:27 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,198,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Iran-Iraq War | Encyclopedia Britannica

In the mid-1980s the military stalemate continued, but in August 1988 Iran’s deteriorating economy and recent Iraqi gains on the battlefield compelled Iran to accept a United Nations-mediated cease-fire that it had previously resisted.

Going by that link; Iran did NOT "win". Neither did Iraq.
Are you saying Iran's objective in the conflict was to be over-run by Iraq?

That's extraordinary.

By your standard, Germany didn't lose WW II.

I rely on unclassified after action reports, classified and declassified documents and personal knowledge, not the US State Department version.

That's right...the State Department fantasies often conflict with DOD realities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Why are spinning your wheels trying to explain that a fighter jet does not have the same flight distance as a airliner.
No, you still don't even understand the difference between Range and Combat Radius.

The maximum combat radius of an F-16 is ~760 nautical miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
You nay sayers kill me the Israelis have pulled off some of the most spectacular successful rescue & attack missions in history...Entebbe,the Iraqi nuclear reactor.
And who helped the Israelis with Entebbe?

Kenya and Britain.

Without intelligence data from Kenya, Israel could never have pulled it off, not to mention the flight originated from Kenya as part of the cover.

Britain was also instrumental in providing intelligence to Israel as well as persuading Kenya to participate.

The US provided intelligence data on the French-built Iraqi reactor complex, plus tactical intelligence regarding Iraq's radars.

The Israelis got into Iraq undetected, because the US gave them a flight path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
I never said anything about planes.
That's because you don't know anything.

Quote:
You are quite ignorant and just the same old tired liberal talking point. Why would I need to watch Limbaugh and Hannity? I have spent 10+ years in the Middle East and lived in Israel for 3+ years. I was also part of the war games that the US has done with Israel over the years. I have just recently gotten out of the military. So it is you that don't have a tenth of any knowledge of the subject. Stick to your liberal corner pretending you know so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

If you have an initial force, call it F(0), then rF(0) are operationally ready, true or false?

Well.....we're waiting.....

Show us how experienced you are planning combat air operations.

Waiting....

Mircea
Quote:

So, hero, are you going to answer or not?

We're still waiting....

Mircea

Quote:
I never saw the question in the first place and I am not going to answer your off topic question on this thread when this thread is about If Israel will bomb Iran nuclear facilities. If you really want to know my knowledge then PM me
Off topic question?

Did you suffer a stroke moving the goal posts?

PM you for what?

It's calculus, not a classified secret formula.

Obviously you didn't know we use calculus to plan combat operations, combat support operations, combat air operations and logistical operations, including air logistics.

Your knowledge ain't all that.

Israel requires a minimum of 78 strike aircraft to have any possible chance of any hope for success.

I'll define success as delaying by at least 6 months the non-existent Iranian nuclear weapons program.

Israel will lose 22 to 26 aircraft by attrition due to mechanical failure, ground fire, or SAMs and AAMs.

Who's going to screen Iranian patrol craft searching for downed Israeli pilots in the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea?

Who's going to provide Search & Rescue for Israel?

Beuller?....Beuller?.....Anyone?....

Mircea

Old 04-06-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Even if successful then what is Israel's next step when China and Russia step into the fray.
By the way they bombed the Iraqi reactor because they thought it was being used for nuclear arms.
China wouldn't even get involved in such a thing as they have their own problems within East Asia. It remains to be seen what Russia would even do since Putin likes to play both fields.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:37 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,776,785 times
Quote:

Israel begs the US for help; Nixon refuses.
Kissinger probes Nixon,
discovering that Nixon will only respond to the threat of nuclear war.

Kissinger tells Golda Meier Nixon will only respond to the nuke option.

Meier threatens Nixon with the nuke option, unless the US gives money and
aid.
Nixon relents releasing:
Nixon refusing the first request for aid to Israel was simply going by what they do as standard procedure. There wasn't any doubt in Israel's mind that the aid wouldn't be coming. If Nixon would have have seriously withheld military aid to Israel he would have been crucified on the white house lawn. Reason he would have been crucified is Israel would have gone under without our aid. In fact Israel almost did go under during the Yom Kippur War. If Egypt would have went for the mountain passes and Syria would have entered Gallili(there was nothing stopping them) Israel would have been in the dust bin of history. Of course there was the nuclear option. I would like to know how much that nuclear option influenced the U.S. and Arab countries at war with Israel.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
That's because you don't know anything.
As I said keep pretending you know so much when you don't. You clearly don't know anything of what I know.

Quote:
Off topic question?

Did you suffer a stroke moving the goal posts?

PM you for what?

It's calculus, not a classified secret formula.

Obviously you didn't know we use calculus to plan combat operations, combat support operations, combat air operations and logistical operations, including air logistics.

Your knowledge ain't all that.
I know exactly what it was and I told you if you want to have a conversation about it then PM. You didn't so that is on you not me. You don't know my knowledge and I am pretty sure it well surpasses you limited knowledge. Anyway...

Quote:
Israel requires a minimum of 78 strike aircraft to have any possible chance of any hope for success.

I'll define success as delaying by at least 6 months the non-existent Iranian nuclear weapons program.

Israel will lose 22 to 26 aircraft by attrition due to mechanical failure, ground fire, or SAMs and AAMs.

Who's going to screen Iranian patrol craft searching for downed Israeli pilots in the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea?

Who's going to provide Search & Rescue for Israel?
The things you say are so laughable. The amount of assumptions you make is what makes me laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies