Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 09:15 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,096,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
first: I will not be lectured on credibility from a person who claimed Israel did not fail to provide the U.S yet vote in the UN on the Ukraine resolution.
Never had this discussion with you.

Israel did not vote, because geopolitically it did not want to tick off Russia. But ahh, Iran did not vote too. No complaints about Iran from the peanut gallery? Very rich to call out Israel in the UNGA which half the body does not recognize Israel as a legitimate country.

Quote:
second. what on earth are you talking about? you yourself have said right here that a military threat is something that ideal to force Iran to do exactly as you (and Mr Netanyahu's government ) wants them to do.

then you turn around and say why would Netanyahu's government want that
I guess he just dropped by the U.S congress to say Hello.
Nope, nice try.

I have maintained the same position pre- Bibi's congress speech and post- Obama deal. Harsher sanctions and tougher restrictions by the P5+1. Military option should be used an re-enforcement and only used as a last resort. That is simply what Netanyahu has repeated for years.

This isn't just a "Bibi" government conspiracy. The Israeli left is also part of the program, as well as the Arab countries.

Quote:
Here is transcript from his recent speech in case you insist on being oblivious to his desire to have Iran Attacked

"For the first time in 100 generations, we, the Jewish people, can defend ourselves.
This is why -- this is why, as a prime minister of Israel, I can promise you one more thing: Even if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand.
But I know that Israel does not stand alone. I know that America stands with Israel.
I know that you stand with Israel."
Cherry picking quotations? You forgot something.

"We can insist that restrictions on Iran's nuclear program not be lifted for as long as Iran continues its aggression in the region and in the world.... Iran's nuclear program can be rolled back well-beyond the current proposal by insisting on a better deal and keeping up the pressure on a very vulnerable regime, especially given the recent collapse in the price of oil....And by maintaining the pressure on Iran and on those who do business with Iran, you have the power to make them need it even more...Now we're being told that the only alternative to this bad deal is war. That's just not true.

The alternative to this bad deal is a much better deal."

The complete transcript of Netanyahu

It is your turn to provide evidence to your claims that Netanyahu is forcing the U.S to go to war on behalf of Israel. Deflecting the discussion about Ukraine is off topic and lacks professionalism. You make claims and you must prove them without being intellectually dishonest.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:17 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,526 times
You nay sayers kill me the Israelis have pulled off some of the most spectacular successful rescue & attack missions in history...Entebbe,the Iraqi nuclear reactor.
They will hit the most important components of Irans program to slow it down that they can do ... they need US though to totally destroy it. If Israel does attack I'm afraid Obama is going to let them hang out to dry and up s#!t creek without a paddle.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:19 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The ball's in Iran's court. That country still ain't well liked by either the US, Israel or even Saudi Arabia.
All of whom are harmed by Iran's oil bourse.

What a coincidence.

Quote:
IMHO a SINGLE nasty strike on Tehran and Iran would start crying for help. Iran and Iraq fought a long war which neither side really won.
Iran won.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Tell us again why the US destroyed the Iranian navy?

Because the Iraqis were fleeing

Get it?

The US sold destroyers to the Shah --- you know, because destroyers are what builds nations -- and those destroyers had the SPS-29C air search radar (theoretical range ~135 miles) and they can detect Iraqi aircraft and then shoot them down with the RIM-66s.

Plus, the destroyers can fire the 127mm guns as artillery.

The destroyers cruise along the coast of the Persian Gulf in the Basra/Delta Region to screen, while Iranian army units advance along the coast chasing the fleeing Iraqis.

Get it?

The Iraqis were lucky the Iranian pursuit was FUBAR, and I suppose the Iranians were lucky the Iraqis really were fleeing and not engaged in a tactical withdraw.

I'm guessing you're clueless about the fact that Khomeini summarily executed seven generals and the head of the SAVAK. The SAVAK director was dead meat, but the generals could have survived if they had not listened to the idiot Carter and tried to seize control of the Iranian government from the Shah in a coup attempt.

Did I mention that Carter's actions were an Act of War?

Did I mention in that instance, the Treaty of Vienna no longer applied to those at US Embassy Mission Tehran?

Khomeini wisely dismissed or executed all of the senior officers appointed by the Shah.

When the US convinced Saddam to invade Iran, naturally, the Iranian army was in disarray, lacking unity and leadership.

Even so, and even with US military advisors helping the Iraqis, Saddam's army couldn't do much.

Over time, as the junior Iranian officers gained experience and war-fighting skills, they began rolling Iraqi units, driving them out of Iran.

The reason the US sank the Iranian navy was to keep Iranian units from pursuing Iraqis across the border into Iraq.

Quote:
The US took out Iraq 2 times in a few weeks.
Yes, I know. I was there the first time.

Aren't you going to mention that the us spent nearly 3 year training in advance to take out Iraq in 1991?

Why not?

Tactically...

Mircea

Old 04-06-2015, 09:21 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,016,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The topic is combat air operation, of which you know nothing.
You don't know what I know about combat air operation. You don't know my knowledge of any subject for that matter. Keep pretending that you know so much while other people don't know anything. I'm not impressed in the least

Last edited by Devon011; 04-06-2015 at 09:30 AM..

Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
You are quite ignorant and just the same old tired liberal talking point. Why would I need to watch Limbaugh and Hannity? I have spent 10+ years in the Middle East and lived in Israel for 3+ years. I was also part of the war games that the US has done with Israel over the years. I have just recently gotten out of the military. So it is you that don't have a tenth of any knowledge of the subject. Stick to your liberal corner pretending you know so much
Quote:
I turned down a chance to be an advisor in Iraq during the Iraq-Iran War.

One reason is due to the fact that I was going to Egypt to train troops.

I spent six weeks breaking down the Yom Kippur War, showing the Egyptians every mistake they made (and the things they did good).

I was on Druzba '86 looking at Soviet nuclear weapons infrastructure in the field.

I was in Panama and Iraq.

Both times in S-3/S-3 Air.

If you have an initial force, call it F(0), then rF(0) are operationally ready, true or false?

Well.....we're waiting.....

Show us how experienced you are planning combat air operations.

Waiting....

Mircea

So, hero, are you going to answer or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
What exactly is Britain and the US doing for Israel that makes it less capable? This time don't lie. I'm really starting to think you are a troll when you make false statements as the six day war is an Israeli propaganda.
Quote:
Her idea, instead, was to fly secretly to Washington and, as Henry Kissinger later wrote, ''for an hour plead with President Nixon.''

Mr. Kissinger flatly rejected that idea, explaining such a rushed visit ''could reflect only either hysteria or blackmail.'' By that time, American intelligence had signs that Israel had put its Jericho missiles, which could be fitted with nuclear warheads, on high alert (the Israelis had done so in an easily detectible way, probably to sway the Americans into preventive action).

Mr. Kissinger instead started to arrange air supply to Israel, and within three days a tremendous United States airlift to Israel was in action. The tide was turned. By Oct. 21 the Israelis were within 20 miles of Damascus and had crossed the Suez Canal, encircling the Egyptian Third Army. A permanent cease-fire was established within a few days.

We're still waiting....

Mircea

Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
So, hero, are you going to answer or not?
I never saw the question in the first place and I am not going to answer your off topic question on this thread when this thread is about If Israel will bomb Iran nuclear facilities. If you really want to know my knowledge then PM me

Old 04-06-2015, 09:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The got to the one in Baghdad, Iraq in 1981.
Osirak? They were lucky as hell. Iraqi incompetence played a huge role in the success of that mission.

And if I remember it right (I can't find the original account that I read), Israeli jets came back on fumes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Research the 6 day war.
There may have a different outlook, once seen just what Israel capable of.
Israel doesn't need the USA to do anything.
This ain't the Six Day War.

Not even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
You nay sayers kill me the Israelis have pulled off some of the most spectacular successful rescue & attack missions in history...Entebbe,the Iraqi nuclear reactor.
They will hit the most important components of Irans program to slow it down that they can do ... they need US though to totally destroy it. If Israel does attack I'm afraid Obama is going to let them hang out to dry and up s#!t creek without a paddle.
Geezus man...this ain't Entebbe or Osirak. This isn't an attempt to rescue hostages in some backwards African country or take out some nuclear reactor out in the desert.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,788,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife95 View Post
Why you are ignoring my link, please read itttt, but it is not accessible anymore. Waitttt, I will find another one.
You're link is dead. It has been disconnected due to it being a redirect by its real owners, through multiple fake IPs, who are Salaam News.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You're link is dead. It has been disconnected due to it being a redirect by its real owners, through multiple fake IPs, who are Salaam News.
Right! The real story is from last year and it was stated that a Ghost company set up by a British national in Israel registered it and sent some parts through a Greek company based in Athens

Old 04-06-2015, 10:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,113,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Israelis don't have the capabilities. If they could've, they would've already.
How do you know what their capabilities are? I wouldn't bet against the Israeli's, the Israeli military has had years to plan and obtain what resources they need.As the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat and you had better assume they have a plan and the resources in place to skin the cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies